Cant figure this out - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-13-2013, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just bought a Sony DH720 receiver to replace my Onkyo HTIB receiver. The issue I am having is my sub (Klipsch RW12) is not putting out the same output as it did with the old receiver. I had to use the speaker level inputs with the Onkyo receiver and it would shake the entire house at 1/4 gain. Now I am using the subwoofer rca output on the new Sony receiver and I have to turn the subs gain to 3/4 of the way up and it still not putting out like it did before. Any thoughts on what may be causing this? I'm pretty frustrated with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-13-2013, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 780
The two different types of input likely have different input levels, let alone a change of avr. OTOH what did you do to setup the sub in the new AVR? What is the trim setting in the new avr for the sub at the sub's 3/4 gain setting? Did you use a y-splitter to use both inputs on the sub?

post #3 of 5 Old 05-13-2013, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

The two different types of input likely have different input levels, let alone a change of avr. OTOH what did you do to setup the sub in the new AVR? What is the trim setting in the new avr for the sub at the sub's 3/4 gain setting? Did you use a y-splitter to use both inputs on the sub?

I used the receivers set up menu (distance, location in the room, etc.). I set the other speakers to small. I had to max out the sub output level (+10) on the AVR to even begin to hear the sub. I tried it both with and without a y-splitter without any noticeable difference. thanks for your help so far
post #4 of 5 Old 05-13-2013, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Could it be that perhaps you just like an extreme level of bass? 3/4 gain setting does sound a bit much but then perhaps the sub preout level in your new avr isn't matching up well with your sub. Supposedly the ysplitter should have yielded a little more gain. This is the RW12d? What are all the settings?

post #5 of 5 Old 05-13-2013, 09:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 389
if you had to max out the sub level then something is not setup correctly. either that or your Sony receiver has a defective sub output.

Afro GT
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page