How to solve all TX-SR707 failures!!! - Just a simple case fan - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-19-2013, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The TX-SR707 even not being used will get to molten hot temperatures that the internal components is probably not rated for which WILL cause the high failures you're seeing. Or even cause the soldering joints to warp like in xbox's RROD overheating issue. Take into consideration the lack of ventilation, high ambient room temps or confined placement of it makes it even worse. This is the HOTTEST running receiver I have ever used!!

I've currently own 4 of the TX-SR707 with a 140mm fan on them for YEARS and never had a single issue as they are running ice cold to the touch. This receiver should NEVER be turned on unless you have a fan on it!! Get a outlet to molex adaper and plug the fan into it. Put the fan on top the SR707 pulling heat away from it (it will take in cold air from the bottom of the SR707 as there are vents underneath the SR707).

Get a outlet to molex power adapter from here
http://www.amazon.com/Coolerguys-100-240v-Molex-Power-Adapter/dp/B000MGG6SC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1368977171&sr=8-5&keywords=outlet+molex

And a quiet 140mm PC case fan it can be any
http://www.amazon.com/Antec-TrueQuiet-140-140mm-Cooling/dp/B004AGXHNC/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368977214&sr=1-3&keywords=140mm+case+fan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-19-2013, 08:48 AM

Liked: 42
I know that some Onkyos run hot, I've owned 2 of them, but not that hot. If that were the case there would have been a class action suit long ago. I've got a fan on mine too, just about 5 years old with no issues.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-19-2013, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin' View Post

I know that some Onkyos run hot, I've owned 2 of them, but not that hot. If that were the case there would have been a class action suit long ago. I've got a fan on mine too, just about 5 years old with no issues.

all 4 of my TX-SR707's without that fan on top will get hot to the point if i put my hands on top it would burn.. this has got to be at least 80c-100c+ without a fan which is crazy for any electrical components..
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Sr707 7 2 Channel A V Surround Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page