Marantz SR7007, setting up Zone 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-21-2013, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, this is my first thread. I bought a Marantz SR7007 receiver and an Marantz UD7007 Bluray Player some time ago--and I have a problem.
I my living room, I have a 5.1 system plus two small wide speakers connected to their dedicated output.
For Zone 2 (kitchen) I have cables connected to the Surround Back outputs, which somehow are programable for use such as this. But it doesn't work that way.
From the not so easy to understand manual (English is not my first language) I gather that you can't use the wide speakers and zone 2 simultaneously. I f zone 2 is used, the receiver automatically converts the main zone to 5.1. Or am I wrong? Is this set-up impossible? Do I have to chose between the wide speakers and the kitchen speakers?

If it's possible to combine all this as I want to, could anybody tell me how I can tell the receiver to do as I demand. Every time I have done the set-up, I end up with a two speaker system in the main zone with a lot of other silent speakers.
Thanks in advance,
Jan, Sweden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-24-2013, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, feedback from myself.
The solution is to have an analogue feed from the BR player to the receiver. It works perfectly well to have an HDMI cable for Main Zone and analogue cables for Zone 2. The SR7007 switches automatically.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-26-2013, 04:03 AM

Hi Jan

I am considering buying the SR7007 and have the same need as you - playing from different sources to zones 1 and 2.

For example, movie at zone 1 and music at zone 2. What if both zones are taking the content from my NAS? Will it still work? Or movie from BR player at zone 1 and music from NAS at zone 2. Did you also experience any drop in audio quality or lag when both zones are working at the same time?

Apologies for the many questions but would like to ensure it works before I buy it. Many thanks!
post #4 of 4 Old 05-26-2013, 04:18 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 1412
Model specific questions are generally better served being posted in the Owner's thread where Uncle Jan reposted as well.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1420942/marantz-sr7007-av-receiver-owners-thread/0_100

That said, as he notes above, in order for an external source to pass to Zone 2, it must be connected to the AVR with an analog cable so in order for the NAS to pass to both Zones 1 and 2 at the same time, the NAS would have to be connected with an analog cable as well as the HDMI cable.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr7007 Home Theater Av Receiver
Gear in this thread - Sr7007 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page