Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-22-2013, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi

I am totally a beginner..

Would someone help me compare between these 2 models?
I cant identify why would i go with he Denon if i am willing to pay the extra money. I cant see the difference in features that makes the Denon better.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-22-2013, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Is this a serious question? The denon is more than twice the price of the Sony.

While I think the Sony is really nice for the price and has features the the denon does not if I had the money I would get the denon.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #3 of 6 Old 05-23-2013, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

as I said man, i dont know the function of all the features, and i am a beginner. I just see that the Sony has Wi fi while Denon has only ethernet connectivity.. i see sony has 10 HDMI while Denon has got 7.. Since Sony is the inventor of 4K HD display then no doubt the Receiver will have a very good support for 4k scaling and pass through... other than that, all i can see is that the Denon is more expensive, and looks better on the outside. I understand Denon has a better brand fame and image in AVRs but in functionality can someone help identify why is Denon better? thats all
post #4 of 6 Old 05-23-2013, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter

as I said man, i dont know the function of all the features, and i am a beginner. I just see that the Sony has Wi fi while Denon has only ethernet connectivity.. i see sony has 10 HDMI while Denon has got 7.. Since Sony is the inventor of 4K HD display then no doubt the Receiver will have a very good support for 4k scaling and pass through... other than that, all i can see is that the Denon is more expensive, and looks better on the outside. I understand Denon has a better brand fame and image in AVRs but in functionality can someone help identify why is Denon better or what is the justification for the double price? thats all
post #5 of 6 Old 05-23-2013, 12:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 86
The Denon will have far superior room correction (Audyssey MultEQ XT32) VS. Sony's DCAC calibration which will have a big impact in the sound of your system. The Denon has pre-outs so you can add an external amplifier down the line for more power.
I'm also sure the Denon will get closer to the acutal rated power specs - a quick look at the back of both receivers reveals a power draw of 675 watts on the X4000 and just 240 watts on the Sony.

There's a ton of information on the new Denons in the official thrrad here. Take a look for a complete rundown. IMO they are not directly comparable. If you're looking at Sony you should be looking at an ES series AVR to compare.

ht Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Monitor Audio: Silver RX6, RX Centre, Radius 90HD; Martinlogan Dynamo 700, Marantz SR5006, PS3, Oppo BDP-103D
2ch Marantz PM8004, Sony BDP-S1000ES, JVC T-X3 tuner, Monitor Audio Silver RX1, REL T3, Apple TV, Peachtree Audio DAC•iT
lr Panasonic 50ST60, Sony BDP-S5100
post #6 of 6 Old 05-23-2013, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks man very much
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List