Anthem MRX-300 Zone 2 Setup? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-22-2013, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, hoping I could get some pointers on setting up my Zone 2 speakers. Please forgive me as I'm new to this forum and setup of my receiver.

Basically I bought some outdoor patio speakers, got them installed and I can't get any audio out of them from my receiver. I've tested the speakers and did verify that the wiring is good and I can get sound through a battery test, but nothing from the receiver.

I turn on Zone 2 and select the input (I've tried my DirecTV and Apple TV) but can't get anything from them. Both the DirecTV and Apple TV are connected to the receiver via HDMI cables.

The rest of my setup is working fine, I have a 5.1 system that was setup by the people I bought the receiver from.

From what I was able to find I read something about the inputs needing to be analog? I apologize if this doesn't make sense, if any additional information would make this easier to diagnose please let me know.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-23-2013, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53

Zone 2 on most receivers needs to be an analog connection.  The receiver would nee 2 decoders and DACs to have zone 2 from a digital source.  just run analog cables as well from the direct TV box, for the Apple TV you would need an optical to stereo converter.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page