Onkyo TX-NR616 HDMI Pass Through to secondary display? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-23-2013, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I currently have a Denon AVR-1910, but recently got a Panasonic TC-P60ST60. The TV has 3d, which I will occasionally use, but the Denon won't pass full 1080p 3d, so I've been looking at getting a new receiver. This would be the main display. Additionally, I have a Kuro 5020FD in my bedroom, but only have an Apple TV connected to it, and have the sound coming out the tv speakers. I have a Tivo in the living room where my Denon receiver is. A few weeks ago I tried using a HDMI splitter to split the HDMI from the Tivo to send to my Denon, and to my bedroom tv as well. It basically worked, but caused audio issues. The Tivo started putting out only stereo sound to the Denon receiver, and after watching a bit reset itself. I figured it was a HDCP issue of some sort, and send the HDMI splitter back.

As long as I'm already looking at new receives, I figured I'd check if the TX-NR616 would pass through HDMI with audio from both HDMI outputs. That way I could have it output the picture from the Tivo to my bedroom tv for watching in bed at night, and it wouldn't break the HDCP chain on it's way to the receiver. So, for clarification, I'd like to have Tivo to TX-NR616, HDMI from TX-NR616 to Panasonic TC-P60ST60, and a second HDMI to my bedroom Kuro 5020FD with pass through of video and audio. Does anyone know if this setup would work? I figure it should, but want to double check before purchasing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-23-2013, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I don't see why it would not work. You might want to call Onkyo on that. How far of a run is it to the bedroom?
post #3 of 3 Old 05-23-2013, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I'd have to use a 35' cable. I might be able to do it with 30', but it'd be close. On a side note, I just noticed that ShopOnkyo is having a memorial day sale of 27% off, so I'll probably be ordering this weekend. I'll probably be getting the TX-NR515 though. As far as I can tell, there are few differences between it and the TX-NR616, but a pretty big price difference on the ShopOnkyo website.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr616
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page