Denon AVR 2313 video output question.. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-23-2013, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi folks..

I just wanted to ask a simple question about one of the video settings in my Denon AVR 2313. My projectors deinterlacer is pretty bad, the worst I have seen actually. When it deinterlaces to progressive, the image is jumpy, it actually jiggles from side to side lol so I was wondering if there was a particular setting in the video options specifically just for deinterlacing, or do I have to enable the upscaling function too? I am confused if this setting is either I/P scaler or video conversion...

Thanks in advance people.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-24-2013, 12:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
i/p scaler (anything but off) + resolution matching the input's (576i in, 576p out)

The video convert is really about transcoding from one type of signal to another, like S-video to HDMI.

Audiosceptics accept audio trials using 25 people. A recent Oxford study with over 353,000 patient records from 639 separate clinical trials shows for every 1,000 people taking diclofenac or ibuprofen there would be 3 additional heart attacks, 4 more cases of heart failure and 1 death every year.

post #3 of 4 Old 05-24-2013, 02:57 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1396 Post(s)
Liked: 1598
The "Video Conversion" setting defaults to ON and you'll generally want to leave it at that setting to allow the GUI overlay to display. You also may want to consider letting the source do the conversion. Also note for more helpful information, review posts #3-6 from the "2012 Denon AVR-XX13 Models" thread linked in my sig.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #4 of 4 Old 05-24-2013, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilian.ca View Post

i/p scaler (anything but off) + resolution matching the input's (576i in, 576p out)

The video convert is really about transcoding from one type of signal to another, like S-video to HDMI.
Brilliant thanks, my AVRs deinterlacer is bound to be better than the projectors smile.gif

Thanks again..

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page