Blue LED on the display - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 05-25-2013, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi folks
I get a blue LED on my 4311 display that indicates DSX in some form or another. If I change source or set to Audyssey Multe XT 32 the blue LED goes out. I can get it to come back on if I press the A-DSX and Standard buttons on the remote but the sound changes tremendously to the better or worse, I don’t know. I have read page 132 in the manual and I have no idea of what it is saying, I need a translator.LOL! Is there someone out there that can break this down to neophyte level? Thanks! Paul K.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-25-2013, 07:08 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitebell View Post

Hi folks
I get a blue LED on my 4311 display that indicates DSX in some form or another. If I change source or set to Audyssey Multe XT 32 the blue LED goes out. I can get it to come back on if I press the A-DSX and Standard buttons on the remote but the sound changes tremendously to the better or worse, I don’t know. I have read page 132 in the manual and I have no idea of what it is saying, I need a translator.LOL! Is there someone out there that can break this down to neophyte level? Thanks! Paul K.
Hello nitebell. Go to page 119. in your manual, and read about DSX. If you do not have the added front height, and/or, front added wide speakers, the DSX setting should be "off"-without the speakers, the synthesized channels serve no positive enhancement purpose.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-25-2013, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback, I do have the added front high speakers but no wides, I use the wides for the bi amp front speakers. Do you think it's worth it? Thanks! Paul (FordF350)smile.gif
post #4 of 9 Old 05-26-2013, 05:34 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback, I do have the added front high speakers but no wides, I use the wides for the bi amp front speakers. Do you think it's worth it? Thanks! Paul (FordF350)smile.gif
What base configuration are you running: 5.1, 6.1, 7.1?
post #5 of 9 Old 05-26-2013, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

I am running 2 ea bi-amped front CVs with 2-5.5in mids + 1 done tweeter on one channel also in the same front CVs cabinets are 2 each bass speakers 12in and 15in all in one cabinet= 4 channels for both?
2 small highs 7 feet off the floor= 2 channels
2 small surround rears=2 channels
1 center Cabinet with 2- 5.5in and 1 2in done tweeter.=1
2 subs one 8 inch in the front and a 12 sub in the rear=1
I guess it's a 9.1 but not sure?
post #6 of 9 Old 05-26-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:

I am running 2 ea bi-amped front CVs with 2-5.5in mids + 1 done tweeter on one channel also in the same front CVs cabinets are 2 each bass speakers 12in and 15in all in one cabinet= 4 channels for both?
I guess it's a 9.1 but not sure?[/quote

Your setup is very complex, for my simple mind: I just run a simple 6.1 system. I want to apologize for giving you the wrong page for A-DSX-it's on page 90. If you have your amplifier assignments figured out, so you understand exactly what is going where, I guess you would select "On-Height"; if that sounds good, I guess you would "call it a day, and enjoy". Please post how it turns out.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-27-2013, 04:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordf250 View Post

Quote:

I guess it's a 9.1 but not sure?[/quote

Your setup is very complex, for my simple mind: I just run a simple 6.1 system. I want to apologize for giving you the wrong page for A-DSX-it's on page 90. If you have your amplifier assignments figured out, so you understand exactly what is going where, I guess you would select "On-Height"; if that sounds good, I guess you would "call it a day, and enjoy". Please post how it turns out.

I'm not sure but from what I read on page 90 that using the DSX option makes a better sound stage than just using Audyssey MultEQ XT 32 ?
post #8 of 9 Old 05-27-2013, 05:47 AM

Quote:

I'm not sure but from what I read on page 90 that using the DSX option makes a better sound stage than just using Audyssey MultEQ XT 32 ?

Don't forget-you have to run "Auto setup" with all speakers connected. After all attached speakers are "calibrated", you can use your DSX feature. All attached speakers will be affected by the auto setup..You will personally have to decide if the DSX mode sounds better, to your ears.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-27-2013, 12:15 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1410 Post(s)
Liked: 1604
The DSX feature can be selected to provide simulated audio to either Front Height or Front Wide speakers. The DD PLIIz feature can also be used to simulate audio to the Front Height speakers. Audyssey MultEQ XT32 is an independent feature which is generally best used all the time regardless of the speakers being used.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page