Help with Denon 1082 and Optical 2 (input) with Apple TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-25-2013, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there, I'm relatively new to the forum and couldn't find my answer in my search so here is my situation. I just purchased an Apple TV. I have the HDMI going to my Samsung TV, but for audio, I want to run it through my Denon 1082. The only optical out of the Apple TV is optical, so I have that plugged into my Optical 2 input in my a/v receiver. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the audio running/working.

There is no Apple TV input, and there is no othe input from the Apple TV to my receiver. I think the source has to be TV/DBS, but that doesn't seem to work. How can I get my receiver to "see" the signal from this input?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-25-2013, 09:32 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1980 Post(s)
Liked: 1748
Is the Apple TV set to pass audio out via the optical output? On the AVR it doesn't matter what the source name is that is used as long as it is correctly assigned to the optical port the ATV is connected to (eg. TV/DBS).

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors