The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1030, RX-A2030, RX-A3030 and CX-A5000/MX-A5000 Thread - Page 103 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3061 of 3134 Old 09-05-2014, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
I asked this sometime ago in the 2014 Aventage thread and still waiting for an answer there. As it's applicable for the 2013 models, would appreciate some feedback, including CX-A5000 owners. The question is:

For current Yamaha owners that have a two sub setup, would like to ask a general question on this.

How does Yamaha carry out two sub equalization? Does it ping each sub individually to get level and distances correct? Or does it do a combined ping for both subs? There appears to be separate setting for level and distance for each sub as well as different sub placement configurations. If the subs are set at non-equal distances from the Main Listening Position (MLP) - how does this work?
I find that YPAO in my 3040 failed to properly set up my two subs even With two discreet sub outputs. On a previous setup I used an SVS AS-EQ1 that made me a very happy puppy. It's an Audessey based sub eq that performed miracles so i Guess Audessey is better at sub management than YPAO. The EQ1 is however not in Production any longer and is hard to find used so I have ordered an Anti-mode which is also a sub eq to hopefully un-mess the bass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3062 of 3134 Old 09-05-2014, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by listentoitloud View Post
Got an issue here that I can't figure out, hoping someone out here can point me in the correct direction. I own a Yamaha RX-A3030. I only use it for a preamp in a 11.2 configuration. I have separate dedicated amplifiers for each audio channel. There is NO speakers directly attached to the 3030 whatsoever, only using the preamp outs.

My issue is when listening to program audio, doesn't matter if it's a bluray, dvd, or music, when at high volume settings, sometimes as low as +4dbm, the receiver will just turn off. When it's turned back on, the volume has reset to -40dbm every time. This is obviously a protection circuit kicking in, however, since I'm not using any of the amplifiers, there isn't any logical reason I can see for the protection circuit to kick in.

I've called Yamaha, they say it due to the protection circuit being set to "electronically" listen for certain frequencies to hit certain levels, and when they do, the receiver turns off, resets the volume control to a lower limit to keep from damaging a person's ears or speakers. They don't offer any other technical advise on this. The manual states if the unit turns off during playback, turn down your volume. (duh) currently I can only get around 90-95 db out of my system, when I should be able to hit 130db (c weighted) with crystal clear audio. I was able to acheive this before with my old 3020 unit. This 3030 is nice, except this protection.

I owned a Yamaha RX 3020 previously, and didn't have this issue at all. This seems to be a new feature in the RX-A3030 only.
Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas on how to bypass this issue? Does the Yamaha CX-A5000 have this same protection circuit? I'm planning on upgrading to the a5000 if I can't get this fixed. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Matt
There is something wrong with this setup. Way too quiet. Even with no external amps 110db should be a piece of cake.
It may be too low of a preamp output level. What amps are you using? Any sensitivity and/or gain settings?
What are speaker level, large/small and crossover settings in receiver? It should act exactly like the 3020.

Last edited by kikkenit2; 09-05-2014 at 10:20 PM.
post #3063 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 02:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
It sets level and distance separately for each subwoofer. It also EQs them separately. But you can change this if you'd like.

Honestly if you are serious about subwoofer EQ you need to get something specially for it. No matter how good receiver REQ is it is not as good as doing your subwoofer EQ with an outboard device. EQ sub first then run AVR REQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurba View Post
I find that YPAO in my 3040 failed to properly set up my two subs even With two discreet sub outputs. On a previous setup I used an SVS AS-EQ1 that made me a very happy puppy. It's an Audessey based sub eq that performed miracles so i Guess Audessey is better at sub management than YPAO. The EQ1 is however not in Production any longer and is hard to find used so I have ordered an Anti-mode which is also a sub eq to hopefully un-mess the bass.
dwaleke/Gurba,

Based on the reply from dwaleke, there should be individual and overall sub distance and level settings for two subs. I assume it's one or the other. I.e. if adjusting the overall, the individual settings are ignored. If doing individual settings, one cannot do the global?

Is this how YPAO works for two subs?

Maranatz NR1504, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G
post #3064 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 04:31 AM

The 3040 will do distance, Level and PEQ on both subs separately but not globally as far as I can see. I doubt that a satisfying result would come out of it anyway. Being able to adjust all the parameters on each sub separately is essential when using two or more subs. You can also choose discreet left+right, descreet front+rear or mono left+right. This can be done post YPAO but I haven't dived deep enough into this to have noticed a difference.
post #3065 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 05:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 852
FWIW Some have claimed to get better dual subwoofer results from YPAO by using 1 sub preout and a y-splitter.
post #3066 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 06:06 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Hi there all, is anyone using the MX-5000 with a different pre amp? Im curious to now what peoples thoughts are on it. Im still deciding which way to go yet but I'm looking at this or the Anthem MCA 50. The benefits of yamaha is the channels but how is the audio?

Frank

post #3067 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon-XZ71 View Post
It's not just Yamaha, Denon, Marantz, Onkyo/Integra and Pioneer offer no Dolby Atmos upgrades on their equipment either. Its not just software, there are new hardware chipsets and processors involved as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by westmd View Post
I don't think that any of the 'consumer' grade products is desgned for major upgrades! The only company I know which tried a modular design was NAD but they have once in 4-5 years released modules. They haven't even upgraded from Audyssey Multi EQ to Multi EQ 32 eventhough that should have been possible in theory.
I think that this the concept of companies such as Yamaha, Onkyo, ypioneer, etc. How they do their business and that is why they keep prices relatively low.
Looking at the pro side companies like Trinnov charges high amounts in the first place and then you have your base unit which will stay up to date for about 10 years. Lexicon for instance released the MC12 in 2001 and brought it up to version 5 with constant upgrades over the years. Only the introduction of HDMI finally brought the base to an end!
In the end I still think that it will be cheaper to regulary buy consumer grade products because products which can be upgraded come with a much higher cost and upgrades are often also not for free. But then again quality wise you are on a different level.
I think that is called planned obsolescence....and something to bring you back in the market the next year for another purchase

as noted the volume keeps the prices lower...relatively speaking
changing that often also drives the market price down significantly as well...for the units with the "last" technology
I mean look at these Denon 4520 prices this week
There are people that paid almost 3x more than that 12 months ago

but no Atmos on the 4520...so its gotta go and then you pick up the next $2000( or more) Asian AVR and the cycle repeats itself 12-18 months later

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Pioneer SC37 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Yamaha A2010 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Onkyo 5009/906 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
post #3068 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
FWIW Some have claimed to get better dual subwoofer results from YPAO by using 1 sub preout and a y-splitter.
I agree with Bond. I have better sound throughout my 4 seats since using a splitter. I level matched them before hooking them up to the splitter. Then I ran ypao.
post #3069 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 07:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
I think that is called planned obsolescence....and something to bring you back in the market the next year for another purchase

as noted the volume keeps the prices lower...relatively speaking
changing that often also drives the market price down significantly as well...for the units with the "last" technology
I mean look at these Denon 4520 prices this week
There are people that paid almost 3x more than that 12 months ago

but no Atmos on the 4520...so its gotta go and then you pick up the next $2000( or more) Asian AVR and the cycle repeats itself 12-18 months later

Warren
Just to be clear.. Atmos requires new hardware (decoder chips.)
post #3070 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post
Just to be clear.. Atmos requires new hardware (decoder chips.)
I am crystal clear on that

hence my reason for the planned obsolescence comment

12 months from now the cycle will repeat itself with the next "big/must have " thing.....from a marketing standpoint anyway with the Asian A/V manufacturers

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
post #3071 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
dwaleke/Gurba,

Based on the reply from dwaleke, there should be individual and overall sub distance and level settings for two subs. I assume it's one or the other. I.e. if adjusting the overall, the individual settings are ignored. If doing individual settings, one cannot do the global?

Quote:
The 3040 will do distance, Level and PEQ on both subs separately but not globally as far as I can see. I doubt that a satisfying result would come out of it anyway. Being able to adjust all the parameters on each sub separately is essential when using two or more subs. You can also choose discreet left+right, descreet front+rear or mono left+right. This can be done post YPAO but I haven't dived deep enough into this to have noticed a difference.

You can copy either YPAO flat / natural / etc with PEQ Data Copy. Then you can override the EQ manually. So this way you get separate level and distance which is what everyone wants. Then you can EQ each one the same. They are still separate EQs, but if they have the same values then its the same as if they were EQ'd together.

I've said this before not sure which thread. If you are serious about subwoofer EQ you need an outboard device. Either minidsp and REW, antimode, etc. YPAO, Audyssey, MCACC, etc can only do so much for you. None of them will do it as well as the other options will. From my experience Audyssey XT32 is slightly better than YPAO at sub eq. But not as good as a minidsp/bfd & REW.

At least with YPAO you can at least change your EQ manually so you might be able to get good results with REW and the AVR alone.
post #3072 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 08:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfdrifter View Post
Thank you! Please do so, because they haven't officially announced anything yet.
Bad news! Just returning from the IFA and I have some bad news! Yamaha clearly stated the no upgrade to Atmos for the CX5000 is possible and a successor won't be available untill next year IFA time !!!
Surfdrifter likes this.
post #3073 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
I am crystal clear on that

hence my reason for the planned obsolescence comment

12 months from now the cycle will repeat itself with the next "big/must have " thing.....from a marketing standpoint anyway with the Asian A/V manufacturers

Warren
This wasn't planned obsolesence in my opinion.

Atmos is the most radical change in home theater audio in almost 20 years (since AC3 first came to market.).
post #3074 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 09:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 852
Very very few people will think not having Atmos makes their AVR obsolete. Personally I could care less about it. I would love to have a 5000.
Maybe someone here will give me theirs since its now obsolete.
nathan_h and acebreathe like this.
post #3075 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post
Atmos is the most radical change in home theater audio in almost 20 years (since AC3 first came to market.).
Quote:
Very very few people will think not having Atmos makes their AVR obsolete. Personally I could care less about it..
and here are two sides

I am more on the side of the 2nd statement, personally
However...I think there are LOT of people that are in the market again because of this..even though there are still some format points that are still yet unclear

In any case..or more importantly
The almost "annual" change makes a big impact on the market price of the Asian products
The market price drops drastically in a 12 month cycle...and then the cycle repeats about every year

I use the Denon 4520 blowout this week, from a few posts ago...as a perfect example

Warren

post #3076 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I have the cx5000 and very pleased with it,I can't afford to get the newest thing anymore besides there's always something better after you have spent your money ,I'm not worried about atmos,I've heard it in a theater and it was great but not going to invest in it now.Doesn't blu-rays have to have atmos on it to decode atmos?How many times do we have to change are equiment,now 4k blu.ray is coming next year it never ends!

Last edited by dholmes54; 09-06-2014 at 11:16 AM.
post #3077 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dholmes54 View Post
I have the cx5000 and very pleased with it,I can't afford to get the newest thing anymore besides there's always something better after you have spent your money ,I'm not worried about atmos,I've heard it in a theater and it was great but not going to invest in it now.Doesn't blu-rays have to have atmos on it to decode atmos?How many times do we have to change are equiment,now 4k blu.ray is coming next year it never ends!
with the Asian A/V manufacturers

exactly

they want you in the market every year......

if you are not an early adopter......the highest end Asian products market value is typically 25-35% of what it was 12-18 months before
I am using the timeframe from 2009

I buy near or near end of product life cycle( which is sometimes as little as 12 months) for a significant discount from its transaction price of typically less than 12 months prior

The higher end brands....completely different marketing strategy and minimal( if any) short term market value erosion

btw...the CX-A 5000 is a great piece. I bought one and had some ground loop issues. I returned it and now think I have solved my ground loop.....so I may try it again but I am looking for say a $1000 price point..

Otherwise since Onkyo basically extended the warranties of their products to 2018...I will just hold onto the 5508 and see how the dust settles after Atmos has been out for a while and they get the formats squared away

Warren

post #3078 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
Quote:
dwaleke/Gurba,

Quote:

You can copy either YPAO flat / natural / etc with PEQ Data Copy. Then you can override the EQ manually. So this way you get separate level and distance which is what everyone wants. Then you can EQ each one the same. They are still separate EQs, but if they have the same values then its the same as if they were EQ'd together.

I've said this before not sure which thread. If you are serious about subwoofer EQ you need an outboard device. Either minidsp and REW, antimode, etc. YPAO, Audyssey, MCACC, etc can only do so much for you. None of them will do it as well as the other options will. From my experience Audyssey XT32 is slightly better than YPAO at sub eq. But not as good as a minidsp/bfd & REW.

At least with YPAO you can at least change your EQ manually so you might be able to get good results with REW and the AVR alone.
I'm waiting for an Anti-mode hoping it will help. I'd rather have an SVS AS-EQ1 but I just can't find one on the used market.
post #3079 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by westmd View Post
Bad news! Just returning from the IFA and I have some bad news! Yamaha clearly stated the no upgrade to Atmos for the CX5000 is possible and a successor won't be available untill next year IFA time !!!

I think Yamaha dropped the ball on this one. A new flagship model that was obsolete within a year with no replacement. Poor planning.
post #3080 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
I think Yamaha dropped the ball on this one. A new flagship model that was obsolete within a year with no replacement. Poor planning.
They should give present A5000 owners a good trade in on the new model when it arrives if there is no firmware upgrade for this so called "flagship".
post #3081 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Very very few people will think not having Atmos makes their AVR obsolete. Personally I could care less about it. I would love to have a 5000.
Maybe someone here will give me theirs since its now obsolete.

I agree with Bond 007

As they say

"you can have my CX-A5000 when you pry it from my dead cold hands"

Atmos, Tatmos, who cares, I like what the unit does for me and I aint gonna upgrade for quite a while.

Yamaha CX-A5000, ATI AT 2007 Amp (7X200W), ATI AT 2004 Amp (4X200W)Klipsch RF 63's - Main, RB 61's - Front heights, RC-62 - Center, RS-62's - Surround, RS-52's - Rear Surround, 2 Rythmik DS-1510 DIY Subwoofers (With PEQ600XLR3 Amp) each connected with Antimode 8033S-II, Oppo BDP-95, MMF-7.1, Project Phono Box RS, XBox 360, XBox One
post #3082 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
They should give present A5000 owners a good trade in on the new model when it arrives if there is no firmware upgrade for this so called "flagship".
All the firmware updates in the world are not going to give you Atmos, it needs new hardware, decoder chips, circuit board design changes, and more powerful processors to deal with Atmos. These things did not exist when the CX-A 5000 was released. Would you have liked it better if Yamaha waited 1 to 2 years longer so it could have Atmos ? After Atmos, are you going to be upset that it's not upgrade-able to whatever the next big thing is ? You have to draw a line somewhere and release the products. You will be lucky to have much of any Atmos titles in the next year. If it takes off, it will be a good long while before there is much Atmos content to be had. By the time there is a few Atmos things to watch, Yamaha will have a Pre/Pro to deal with it. I do not remember any receiver or pre/pro that was up-gradable to Dolby Digital True HD or DTS Master Audio when they came out.

Welcome My Son, Welcome To The Machine
post #3083 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty8451 View Post
I agree with Bond 007

As they say

Atmos, Tatmos, who cares, I like what the unit does for me and I aint gonna upgrade for quite a while.
The only interest I have in Yamaha adding Atmos to the processor line is it should get me a good discount on a CX-A5000 . I love my 3020, but I only use it as a preamp, and had I known at the time I bought it that Yamaha had a pre-pro coming out I'd have waited.

Defeat of Deduct must go over Defense before Detail does.
post #3084 of 3134 Old 09-06-2014, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty8451 View Post
I agree with Bond 007

As they say

I personally have to say that the Auro3D demonstration was much more convincing anyway so fo me a new processor has to have both!
post #3085 of 3134 Old 09-07-2014, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon-XZ71 View Post
You will be lucky to have much of any Atmos titles in the next year. If it takes off, it will be a good long while before there is much Atmos content to be had. By the time there is a few Atmos things to watch, Yamaha will have a Pre/Pro to deal with it.
There will be a bunch of content...

And sooner rather than later....

I believe the press release on the "launch" titles will be out tomorrow.

I had the chance to speak with one of the professional services engineers yesterday (they install and maintain the dub stages, where the content is created...) They are in the middle of almost doubling the amount of Atmos mixing rooms in LA in the next couple of months.... a lot of them for OTT (streaming) content.. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Vudu, etc...)

So by your accounts, in a year from now (where md is reporting the new pre/pro will be announced) there will be much more than a "few" things to watch..

I promise you that.
post #3086 of 3134 Old 09-07-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
There will be a bunch of content...

And sooner rather than later....

I believe the press release on the "launch" titles will be out tomorrow.

I had the chance to speak with one of the professional services engineers yesterday (they install and maintain the dub stages, where the content is created...) They are in the middle of almost doubling the amount of Atmos mixing rooms in LA in the next couple of months.... a lot of them for OTT (streaming) content.. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Vudu, etc...)

So by your accounts, in a year from now (where md is reporting the new pre/pro will be announced) there will be much more than a "few" things to watch..

I promise you that.
I will believe it when I see it.

post #3087 of 3134 Old 09-07-2014, 08:13 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

Agreed, this is the worst marketing decision that I've ever seen as many CX-A5000 owners have dedicated HTs and one would think they will be looking forward to the new overhead audio experience. Just to say well if they want that format they'll have to purchase the new model is dim-witted in my opinion!

I have a 5000 combo and a 3030 and if they don't do something proactive the support those of us that just made significant purchases, I believe this will be the last purchase I'll ever make from Yamaha. Basically, I have absolute no issue with the equipment in fact I think it is top notch but the moment a competitor come out for equivalent with the Atmos option I will be dropping this line of manufacturer.

Keep an eye out folks as I'm sure I'll have a slightly used CX-A5000/MX-A5000 combination in the for sale section in the near future.

Rant over!
post #3088 of 3134 Old 09-07-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Agreed, this is the worst marketing decision that I've ever seen as many CX-A5000 owners have dedicated HTs and one would think they will be looking forward to the new overhead audio experience. Just to say well if they want that format they'll have to purchase the new model is dim-witted in my opinion!

I have a 5000 combo and a 3030 and if they don't do something proactive the support those of us that just made significant purchases, I believe this will be the last purchase I'll ever make from Yamaha. Basically, I have absolute no issue with the equipment in fact I think it is top notch but the moment a competitor come out for equivalent with the Atmos option I will be dropping this line of manufacturer.

Keep an eye out folks as I'm sure I'll have a slightly used CX-A5000/MX-A5000 combination in the for sale section in the near future.

Rant over!
What other manufacturer will do what you want ? Who will you go to that provides hardware based updates to receivers & pre/pro's ?, Software updates alone will not give you Atmos functionality. I know of none, you would be in the same position no mater what you bought a year ago be it Denon, Onkyo/Integra & Pioneer. New features are added every year, do you expect them to offer retrofits to everything. When Dolby Digital True-HD & DTS Master Audio came out, nobody was able to update their 1 year old equipment to accommodate the new formats.

I would wait, the format will take time to take off and Yamaha will have a Pre/Pro ready when the format has taken hold. DTS-UHD will bring yet another round of this when it is introduced. In one year, sell your CX-A5000 and put toward a new Yamaha Pre/Pro that does Atmos, maybe by then they will have DTS-UHD implemented.

Last edited by Gordon-XZ71; 09-07-2014 at 08:52 AM.
post #3089 of 3134 Old 09-07-2014, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 56
I was thinking the same thing.

You did not read the forums to know that a huge change was coming and if that mattered you should wait to purchase.

That's all that had been discussed the last year. You can't expect Yamaha to do anything.

This victim mentally needs to disappear. Yes I'd be upset if I didn't know better and purchased last year's models but that isn't Yamaha's, Denon's, Onkyo's, or Pioneer's fault - it is mine.
M Lo, Gordon-XZ71, ah_1014 and 1 others like this.
post #3090 of 3134 Old 09-07-2014, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello to all,

I have recently purchased RX-A2030 and I am generally very happy with this. It replaced an ONKYO 818.
I have noticed a weird problem. When I connect the AVR on my home network it seems that after a while it is meshed up. My media player (Pop corn A-410) stops playing the movie (reading from a synology NAS) after 40 minutes of playback. If I resume playing then it will stop after 10 minutes of playback. Also noticed problem with the mac, it became very slow and finally stacked so I had to hard reboot it. When i disconnect the A2030 everything runs smooth as always. After a month I attempted again to connect the A2030 on the network. Just to mention that it gets its IP and I can manage the AVR via the android application from my mobile. Then again I started watching a movie and the playback stalled after 30-40 minutes. I resume it once and stalled again. I disconnect the A2030 and everything goes back to normal.
I am on the latest firmware. Has anybody mentioned this problem? Is there a workaround?
Thanks!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Aventage Rxa 1030 Receiver , Yamaha Rxa2030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver , Yamaha Rxa3030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread - Rxa2030bl by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page