The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1030, RX-A2030, RX-A3030 and CX-A5000/MX-A5000 Thread - Page 105 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3121 of 3146 Old 09-20-2014, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kikkenit2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 1,488
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttownsend View Post
Has anyone else encountered anything like this, or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. - Tom
Just like the other users I have a directv genie that works fine. I don't have any clients though.
Try the other directv boxes on the receiver. If only the client messes up replace that.
kikkenit2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3122 of 3146 Old 09-21-2014, 12:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Skylinestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmantas View Post
I have recently purchased RX-A2030 and I am generally very happy with this. It replaced an ONKYO 818.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post
I could use some guidance on some issues I am running into with my A5000.

This replaced an Onkyo 3009 which I was extremely happy with. Like anything else however; upgradeitis hit and wanted to try something else. This is coupled to an Outlaw amp for the mains and three Behringer amps for the subs.
How's YPAO vs Audyssey MultEQ XT32 ?
Skylinestar is offline  
post #3123 of 3146 Old 09-21-2014, 02:53 AM
Member
 
vmantas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post
How's YPAO vs Audyssey MultEQ XT32 ?
In Auto mode XT32 is better when it comes to do some manual adjustments then YPAO is superior.
vmantas is offline  
post #3124 of 3146 Old 09-21-2014, 07:24 AM
Member
 
ttownsend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmcmahon67 View Post
Tom -

... I'm curious whether you can replicate the issue in two additional scenarios:

1.) What if you change the input used by DirecTV on your receiver? Does the issue remain?


2.) What if you set your DirecTV receiver to use PCM rather than Dolby Digital? Do you still see the audio cut-outs?

First of all, thanks for the reply. As for trying different inputs on the receiver, the problem unfortunately exists regardless of which input I use. I've even tried swapping out the HDMI cable itself, thinking that may be the problem. As I noted in my original post, based on a few suggestions over on the DTV forum, I tried shutting off HDMI control entirely, as well as video processing ... neither of which seem to make any difference.


I have an HR-34 Genie in my master bedroom and two C-31 clients, one in my office and one in my Great Room. It is the C-31 client in the Great Room that's connected to the A3030. At first I thought it was the Genie client that was failing, but when I tried running the HDMI cable directly from the DTV box to the back of the TV (bypassing the AVR) the audio was fine. (Well, as fine as TV-speaker audio can be. ) I also tried swapping the client boxes, using the one from my office, but both client boxes lose audio when connected to the A3030.


What makes this troubleshooting difficult is that I don't watch TV in the Great Room very often ... I mostly watch Blu-rays there. So it's not uncommon for there to be months in between the times I actually try to watch DTV in that room. Although I only noticed it over the past couple of days, the problem could have actually existed for a few months and I wouldn't have known it. In that time there have been a couple of DTV software updates and at least one A3030 firmware update. Either (or neither) could be responsible. All I know is that when I first put in the A3030 and the DTV client box, all was working and I could change DTV channels without losing audio. So this problem is new. Exactly how new, I don't know ... but it's new. The other interesting thing to note is when this problem was first discovered a few days ago, at that point I could still change to *some* channels without losing audio, but not others. Over the past few days however, it seems to have gotten worse and as of now, I can't change from any channel to *any* other channel without losing the HDMI audio, regardless of the audio formats the channels are broadcasting in.


I'll try your two suggestions about switching to PCM, and also resetting the entire Receiver, and then I'll post back here. Thanks so much for your advice.


- Tom

Last edited by ttownsend; 09-21-2014 at 07:27 AM.
ttownsend is offline  
post #3125 of 3146 Old 09-21-2014, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bass addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: A padded room
Posts: 3,865
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post
How's YPAO vs Audyssey MultEQ XT32 ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmantas View Post
In Auto mode XT32 is better when it comes to do some manual adjustments then YPAO is superior.
Depends. For the lower frequencies XT32 is considerably better. I am running a mini DSP so I wasn't too concerned about the low end stuff. I agree that the ability to manually manipulate the curve with the Yammy allows for a much smoother response compared to XT32. The XT boys do have the same ability, albeit only after purchasing the expensive Aud add on software.

That being said; I'm still far from happy with the sound on my Yammy compared to my Onkyo.

While the surrounds and height/rear channels seem to be more active, for some reason they don't blend nearly as well as they did with the Onkyo. Sounds appear to be more localized, and not as diffused.

Above all, the center channel is driving me crazy. It's just really sharp and piercing sounding now. It's almost like fingernails on a chalkboard when people are talking. I'm going to tweak it further manually, but up to this point, I'm really disappointed with the performance ATM. It was smooth and buttery with the Onkyo.

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

bass addict is online now  
post #3126 of 3146 Old 09-21-2014, 05:44 PM
Member
 
azz7686's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So what exactly does Q do in the PEQ I understand the frequency but don't quite get what that does sorry for the simple question and thanks in advance!!
azz7686 is online now  
post #3127 of 3146 Old 09-21-2014, 05:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Kal Rubinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC + Connecticut
Posts: 28,459
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by azz7686 View Post
So what exactly does Q do in the PEQ I understand the frequency but don't quite get what that does sorry for the simple question and thanks in advance!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_factor

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kal Rubinson is offline  
post #3128 of 3146 Old 09-21-2014, 08:13 PM
Member
 
mjmcmahon67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 37
quick question for the experts here:

when I'm doing a sub-crawl, how should I have my receiver set? The reason for the question is that my sub distance was set high by the receiver. I've adjusted it down and it sounds MUCH better. As there's a difference in sound based upon the actual distance versus the set distance, I'm guessing that having the receiver distance set "wrong" would have an impact on the sub-crawl results. Is that accurate? If so, how do I address the issue when doing the sub-crawl? Set the receiver for "through"?

Thanks,

Mike
mjmcmahon67 is online now  
post #3129 of 3146 Old 09-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Member
 
mjmcmahon67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by azz7686 View Post
So what exactly does Q do in the PEQ I understand the frequency but don't quite get what that does sorry for the simple question and thanks in advance!!
Short version, a higher 'Q' value narrows the frequency range around the selected frequency that the adjustment is applied to. For example, a 4db boost at 65Hz will be wider when the Q is set to .5 than it will at 1.0 and will affect a narrower frequency range.

HTH,

Mike
azz7686 likes this.
mjmcmahon67 is online now  
post #3130 of 3146 Old 09-21-2014, 08:23 PM
Member
 
mjmcmahon67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post

While the surrounds and height/rear channels seem to be more active, for some reason they don't blend nearly as well as they did with the Onkyo. Sounds appear to be more localized, and not as diffused.

Above all, the center channel is driving me crazy. It's just really sharp and piercing sounding now. It's almost like fingernails on a chalkboard when people are talking. I'm going to tweak it further manually, but up to this point, I'm really disappointed with the performance ATM. It was smooth and buttery with the Onkyo.
bass -

how have you got the PEQ set? Have you run YPAO and confirmed the settings? I had issues with center being too 'bright' on the YPAO: Flat setting. Switching to YPAO:Natural helped, but I wound up going to Manual, mostly because I wanted to tweak the subwoofer frequencies.

HTH,

Mike
mjmcmahon67 is online now  
post #3131 of 3146 Old 09-22-2014, 04:26 PM
Member
 
ttownsend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmcmahon67 View Post
Tom -

nice bit of troubleshooting - I've got a 3030 and a Genie (HR44/500) as well, but don't see a similar issue. I'm curious whether you can replicate the issue in two additional scenarios:

1.) What if you change the input used by DirecTV on your receiver? Does the issue remain?
2.) What if you set your DirecTV receiver to use PCM rather than Dolby Digital? Do you still see the audio cut-outs?

Let me know how your testing turns out and we'll see what else we can do to get the issue addressed. One more thing to try would be a factory-reset on the Yamaha receiver.


Well, thought I'd report back on this matter. I set the DTV (C31 Genie client) box to use PCM instead of DD, that didn't help. I also reset the AVR to factory. Problem still exists. I've now tried 2 Genie client boxes, 3 different HDMI cables and 4 of the HDMI inputs on the AVR. All of those attempts have failed to remedy the issue. Audio is fine until I change channels on the DTV box, upon which time I lose audio entirely. I can only get the audio back by toggling inputs on the Yamaha, or by power cycling either the Yamaha or the DTV box ... anything that causes the HDMI handshake to be re-negotiated will bring the audio back. Unfortunately, I'm finding now that even if I *don't* change channels, after a period of time (45 minutes to an hour), the audio will suddenly cut out by itself and I'll have to perform one of the actions above to get it back. Very frustrating.


So, if anyone has any other thoughts, I'd appreciate it. Of course, the folks over on the DTV forum have come to the conclusion that the problem is in the AVR, especially since I can get HDMI audio just fine when connected directly to the TV set, and the fact that both C-31 clients are behaving the same way when connected to the Yamaha. It just seems that the RX-A3030 and the Genie C-31 client just don't "want to dance" anymore.


Thanks.


- Tom
ttownsend is offline  
post #3132 of 3146 Old 09-22-2014, 05:17 PM
Member
 
mjmcmahon67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Tom -

you've done an excellent job of thoroughly troubleshooting the issue. If I were in your spot, I'd be on the phone with Yamaha at this point. I can't imagine it being anything other than an issue with the receiver itself.
mjmcmahon67 is online now  
post #3133 of 3146 Old 09-22-2014, 08:38 PM
Member
 
glugus2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
If that genie is a dvr, have you tried pause then resume.
I have a similar issue with my re-v3800 and a Tivo series 3. It doesn't happen often, but a pause/resume restores audio every time.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
glugus2000 is offline  
post #3134 of 3146 Old 09-22-2014, 08:39 PM
Member
 
glugus2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttownsend View Post
Well, thought I'd report back on this matter. I set the DTV (C31 Genie client) box to use PCM instead of DD, that didn't help. I also reset the AVR to factory. Problem still exists. I've now tried 2 Genie client boxes, 3 different HDMI cables and 4 of the HDMI inputs on the AVR. All of those attempts have failed to remedy the issue. Audio is fine until I change channels on the DTV box, upon which time I lose audio entirely. I can only get the audio back by toggling inputs on the Yamaha, or by power cycling either the Yamaha or the DTV box ... anything that causes the HDMI handshake to be re-negotiated will bring the audio back. Unfortunately, I'm finding now that even if I *don't* change channels, after a period of time (45 minutes to an hour), the audio will suddenly cut out by itself and I'll have to perform one of the actions above to get it back. Very frustrating.


So, if anyone has any other thoughts, I'd appreciate it. Of course, the folks over on the DTV forum have come to the conclusion that the problem is in the AVR, especially since I can get HDMI audio just fine when connected directly to the TV set, and the fact that both C-31 clients are behaving the same way when connected to the Yamaha. It just seems that the RX-A3030 and the Genie C-31 client just don't "want to dance" anymore.


Thanks.


- Tom






Quote:
Originally Posted by glugus2000 View Post
If that genie is a dvr, have you tried pause then resume.
I have a similar issue with my rx-v3800 and a Tivo series 3. It doesn't happen often, but a pause/resume restores audio every time.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk


Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
glugus2000 is offline  
post #3135 of 3146 Old 09-22-2014, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kikkenit2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 1,488
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttownsend View Post
So, if anyone has any other thoughts, I'd appreciate it. Of course, the folks over on the DTV forum have come to the conclusion that the problem is in the AVR, especially since I can get HDMI audio just fine when connected directly to the TV set, and the fact that both C-31 clients are behaving the same way when connected to the Yamaha. It just seems that the RX-A3030 and the Genie C-31 client just don't "want to dance" anymore. Thanks. - Tom
It does look like the receiver is broken. By dtv forum do you mean here?
This is the best directv forum. http://www.dbstalk.com/forum/32-dire...-and-services/
kikkenit2 is offline  
post #3136 of 3146 Old 09-23-2014, 07:17 AM
Member
 
ttownsend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkenit2 View Post
It does look like the receiver is broken. By dtv forum do you mean here?
This is the best directv forum. http://www.dbstalk.com/forum/32-dire...-and-services/
LOL. No, by DTV I did mean the DirecTV forum. Thanks.
ttownsend is offline  
post #3137 of 3146 Old 09-23-2014, 07:28 AM
Member
 
ttownsend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmcmahon67 View Post
Tom -

you've done an excellent job of thoroughly troubleshooting the issue. If I were in your spot, I'd be on the phone with Yamaha at this point. I can't imagine it being anything other than an issue with the receiver itself.
Well, I've just learned something new. Over on the DirecTV forum, a few more folks have posted to the thread I started about this problem. It seems I'm not the only one. A couple of others are reporting the same issue between their Genie units and their Yamaha receivers. Furthermore, they report the problem just started recently and there's some speculation that it may be the result of a Genie software update (but that has not been confirmed in any way). What's interesting is that those who are reporting this problem (including myself) are all using Yamaha receivers, but all different models. For example, one person has reported that the problem is happening on his CX-A5000.


So, this *could* be a Yamaha problem or this *could* be a DirecTV Genie problem. I can just imagine the scenario: DirecTV: "It's Yamaha's Problem" - Yamaha: "It's DirecTV's problem".
ttownsend is offline  
post #3138 of 3146 Old 09-23-2014, 08:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 16,270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttownsend View Post
Well, thought I'd report back on this matter. I set the DTV (C31 Genie client) box to use PCM instead of DD, that didn't help. I also reset the AVR to factory. Problem still exists. I've now tried 2 Genie client boxes, 3 different HDMI cables and 4 of the HDMI inputs on the AVR. All of those attempts have failed to remedy the issue. Audio is fine until I change channels on the DTV box, upon which time I lose audio entirely. I can only get the audio back by toggling inputs on the Yamaha, or by power cycling either the Yamaha or the DTV box ... anything that causes the HDMI handshake to be re-negotiated will bring the audio back. Unfortunately, I'm finding now that even if I *don't* change channels, after a period of time (45 minutes to an hour), the audio will suddenly cut out by itself and I'll have to perform one of the actions above to get it back. Very frustrating.


So, if anyone has any other thoughts, I'd appreciate it. Of course, the folks over on the DTV forum have come to the conclusion that the problem is in the AVR, especially since I can get HDMI audio just fine when connected directly to the TV set, and the fact that both C-31 clients are behaving the same way when connected to the Yamaha. It just seems that the RX-A3030 and the Genie C-31 client just don't "want to dance" anymore.


Thanks.


- Tom
This all sounds suspiciously like a HDCP handshake issue. These handshakes occur periodically during a program. Unfortunately, handshakes are an "end - to - end" event involving all connected components.

One work-around might to to try using SPDIF audio from the DVR, with appropriate setup in the AVR to assign that to the HDMI video. At the least that would be a good trouble-shooting step. You might also try turning off the "monitor check" option in the AVR setup. Anything to simplify handshakes. Make sure the AVR is set to video "direct" on that input.

Look in the DVR setup to see when the last firmware update occurred, was it around the time this trouble started? No doubt it might be resolved by a firmware update on either the DVR or AVR, its just a matter of which one gets around to it first.
rdgrimes is online now  
post #3139 of 3146 Old 09-23-2014, 08:14 AM
Member
 
mjmcmahon67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttownsend View Post
Well, I've just learned something new. Over on the DirecTV forum, a few more folks have posted to the thread I started about this problem. It seems I'm not the only one. A couple of others are reporting the same issue between their Genie units and their Yamaha receivers. Furthermore, they report the problem just started recently and there's some speculation that it may be the result of a Genie software update (but that has not been confirmed in any way). What's interesting is that those who are reporting this problem (including myself) are all using Yamaha receivers, but all different models. For example, one person has reported that the problem is happening on his CX-A5000.


So, this *could* be a Yamaha problem or this *could* be a DirecTV Genie problem. I can just imagine the scenario: DirecTV: "It's Yamaha's Problem" - Yamaha: "It's DirecTV's problem".
Tom -

I don't recall if you said - what model of Genie do you have? My HR34/700 is not seeing the same issue and last firmware update was on or about 7/23.

I wonder if this could be related to the audio cut-outs for On-Demand content? Could an HDCP issue contribute there as well?
mjmcmahon67 is online now  
post #3140 of 3146 Old 09-23-2014, 02:30 PM
Member
 
ttownsend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmcmahon67 View Post
Tom -

I don't recall if you said - what model of Genie do you have? My HR34/700 is not seeing the same issue and last firmware update was on or about 7/23.

I wonder if this could be related to the audio cut-outs for On-Demand content? Could an HDCP issue contribute there as well?
I have the HR34-700 too, but as noted in my previous posts, the problem is with the C31 Genie client boxes, not the master. I don't watch On-Demand very often. The problem I'm seeing occurs when changing from any one of the "live" channels to any other.


Interestingly, I just checked and there was a client software download on 9/16 ... just a couple of days before I noticed the problem. (I don't watch TV in that room every day.)
ttownsend is offline  
post #3141 of 3146 Old 09-23-2014, 02:35 PM
Member
 
ttownsend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
This all sounds suspiciously like a HDCP handshake issue. These handshakes occur periodically during a program. Unfortunately, handshakes are an "end - to - end" event involving all connected components.
...
Look in the DVR setup to see when the last firmware update occurred, was it around the time this trouble started? No doubt it might be resolved by a firmware update on either the DVR or AVR, its just a matter of which one gets around to it first.
Funny you should mention the updates. I just posted a reply to another the message above about that. I checked the DirecTV Genie download history and noticed that the C-31 clients received an automatic update on 9/16. I discovered the problem on 9/18, which is the first time I'd watched that TV in a few weeks. This seems to coincide with the other folks who, on the DirecTV forum, are now posting similar problems between the Genie clients and a Yamaha receiver. They're claiming it just started within the past week too!

Last edited by ttownsend; 09-23-2014 at 03:27 PM.
ttownsend is offline  
post #3142 of 3146 Old 09-23-2014, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kikkenit2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 1,488
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttownsend View Post
LOL. No, by DTV I did mean the DirecTV forum. Thanks.
Can you provide a link to the dtv thread you started? I found it.
http://forums.directv.com/thread/11257799

Both people that replied 'Litzdog911' & 'Peds48' are both very active at dbstalk.com. You are in good hands there.
So far I don't see a similar thread over there. Directv recently wrote code that messed up the video playback on the full genie.
They finally fixed it a month later. Looks like you have a similar problem that just started. Eventually they will fix it.

http://www.dbstalk.com/user/423606-litzdog911/ Over 11,000 posts at dbstalk. Directv expert for sure.
http://www.dbstalk.com/user/471715-peds48/ Almost 11k posts at dbstalk. You attracted the best around.
Just keep calling directv and complain.

Last edited by kikkenit2; 09-23-2014 at 04:36 PM.
kikkenit2 is offline  
post #3143 of 3146 Old 09-27-2014, 11:56 AM
Senior Member
 
MovingTarget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttownsend View Post
Funny you should mention the updates. I just posted a reply to another the message above about that. I checked the DirecTV Genie download history and noticed that the C-31 clients received an automatic update on 9/16. I discovered the problem on 9/18, which is the first time I'd watched that TV in a few weeks. This seems to coincide with the other folks who, on the DirecTV forum, are now posting similar problems between the Genie clients and a Yamaha receiver. They're claiming it just started within the past week too!
I just got Direct TV, they installed it while I was away on Wed., and just my wife was home. I have the Yamaha 2030 receiver. I'm having the same problem in my theater. Every time I change the channel the audio is gone, only way to bring it back is change source and then come back to TV. I tried changing inputs, didn't help. I was hoping to find some easy solution here.


I have a plasma hooked to the 2nd HDMI out, same thing happens when watching on that TV


I'm totally bummed. I spent a fortune on this receiver and went with Yamaha because of HDMI issues with the my Integra.


I also have a Yamaha receiver in my family room, it's connected to the full DirectTV box and it works fine...now what!!!
MovingTarget is offline  
post #3144 of 3146 Old 09-27-2014, 01:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 16,270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingTarget View Post
I just got Direct TV, they installed it while I was away on Wed., and just my wife was home. I have the Yamaha 2030 receiver. I'm having the same problem in my theater. Every time I change the channel the audio is gone, only way to bring it back is change source and then come back to TV. I tried changing inputs, didn't help. I was hoping to find some easy solution here.


I have a plasma hooked to the 2nd HDMI out, same thing happens when watching on that TV


I'm totally bummed. I spent a fortune on this receiver and went with Yamaha because of HDMI issues with the my Integra.
Don't leap to the conclusion that the Yamaha is at fault. DTV has done this before and they will eventually resolve it - till the next time. I also wouldn't assume that Yamaha is the only AVR seeing this issue. I don't see it here on my A2040 and DirecTV DVR. Make sure you have the latest firmware on the 2030.
rdgrimes is online now  
post #3145 of 3146 Old Yesterday, 01:08 AM
Newbie
 
evanghelatos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello everyone!

I just bought my new receiver Yamaha RX-A1030 (moving from Harman/Kardon AVR 255).
Now I want to know if I'm doing something wrong because the OSD image is very bad. The receiver is connected to a Panasonic plasma 55VT60 through HDMI, using Supra cables (quality Swedish cables).
The image from the bluray through the receiver is excellent, like the bluray is connected directly to the tv.
I don't understand why the OSD is blurry, the colors washed out and the black is grey? Everything looks ok in settings and the TV recognizes correctly the resolution from receiver.
Above all, I saw a german clip on youtube with the review of the RX-A1030 and the image of the OSD on that Sony tv was punchy with bright colors.

Anyone notice this issue, or my reciever/settings are bad?

Thank you.
evanghelatos is offline  
post #3146 of 3146 Old Yesterday, 07:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 16,270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanghelatos View Post
Hello everyone!

I just bought my new receiver Yamaha RX-A1030 (moving from Harman/Kardon AVR 255).
Now I want to know if I'm doing something wrong because the OSD image is very bad. The receiver is connected to a Panasonic plasma 55VT60 through HDMI, using Supra cables (quality Swedish cables).
The image from the bluray through the receiver is excellent, like the bluray is connected directly to the tv.
I don't understand why the OSD is blurry, the colors washed out and the black is grey? Everything looks ok in settings and the TV recognizes correctly the resolution from receiver.
Above all, I saw a german clip on youtube with the review of the RX-A1030 and the image of the OSD on that Sony tv was punchy with bright colors.

Anyone notice this issue, or my reciever/settings are bad?

Thank you.
Check to see how the TV is set to handle RGB input. Panasonic has some other name for it which escapes me.
rdgrimes is online now  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Aventage Rxa 1030 Receiver , Yamaha Rxa2030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver , Yamaha Rxa3030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread - Rxa2030bl by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off