The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1030, RX-A2030, RX-A3030 and CX-A5000/MX-A5000 Thread - Page 114 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Audio > Receivers, Amps, and Processors > The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1030, RX-A2030, RX-A3030 and CX-A5000/MX-A5000 Thread

Receivers, Amps, and Processors

kriktsemaj99's Avatar kriktsemaj99
07:56 AM Liked: 176
post #3391 of 3396
Today | Posts: 6,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmunster2 View Post
... I know you posted before about how to save your current settings (RX A830), so that you can re-equalize, with the option to reload the old settings. If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me how-that is if this is possible with my 830.

Do you mean how do you save the current YPAO settings so you can run YPAO again, but still revert to previous settings if you want? If so I think the only way is to use the Backup/Recovery feature of the web control interface. Through that interface you can backup all current settings to a file on your PC, potentially saving as many different setups as you want in different files, then restore any particular saved setup.

If you just meant how do you save/reload manual EQ settings, then the PEQedit utility can be used. PEQedit lets you read and display the current EQ (both YPAO and Manual) and it can save/restore the Manual PEQ settings. It can't reload the YPAO PEQ settings (Flat, Front or Natural) because there are no network commands to do that (only the global save/restore that the web control interface uses).
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007
08:11 AM Liked: 892
post #3392 of 3396
Today | Posts: 12,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
Do you mean how do you save the current YPAO settings so you can run YPAO again, but still revert to previous settings if you want? If so I think the only way is to use the Backup/Recovery feature of the web control interface. Through that interface you can backup all current settings to a file on your PC, potentially saving as many different setups as you want in different files, then restore any particular saved setup.

If you just meant how do you save/reload manual EQ settings, then the PEQedit utility can be used. PEQedit lets you read and display the current EQ (both YPAO and Manual) and it can save/restore the Manual PEQ settings. It can't reload the YPAO PEQ settings (Flat, Front or Natural) because there are no network commands to do that (only the global save/restore that the web control interface uses).
What about using the "Copy" feature to copy Flat, Front or Natural to Manual. Then when you rerun YPAO, Manual will stay the same.
08:32 AM Liked: 176
post #3393 of 3396
It wasn't quite clear to me what the OP meant. You can "save" one set of YPAO results by copying to Manual, but you can only save one and you can't copy it back (so it's not a true save/restore of the YPAO settings).
hmunster2's Avatar hmunster2
09:26 AM Liked: 29
post #3394 of 3396
Today | Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
It wasn't quite clear to me what the OP meant. You can "save" one set of YPAO results by copying to Manual, but you can only save one and you can't copy it back (so it's not a true save/restore of the YPAO settings).
OP-I meant that I would like to save my current equalized settings, then run a new YPAO and see if I like the sound better than the original settings. If not, then "re-load" the original settings.
kWhen you say Backup/control interface-how do I do this?
Thanks
11:41 AM Liked: 176
post #3395 of 3396
^ Running YPAO repeatedly should give you the same results (or very close to it). Although there may be a noticable difference between single and multi-point YPAO.

The Backup/Recovery option is available from the web control interface. Assuming your receiver is networked, type its IP address into a browser using a PC on the network. When you see the control interface, press the Settings button. Then look for the Backup/Recovery option.
Tags: Yamaha Aventage Rxa 1030 Receiver , Yamaha Rxa2030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver , Yamaha Rxa3030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver

Gear in this thread
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Subscribe to this Thread