The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1030, RX-A2030, RX-A3030 and CX-A5000/MX-A5000 Thread - Page 114 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3391 of 3410 Old 12-20-2014, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 29
How to save ypao settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
YPAO Front leaves the fronts with no EQ, but remember that YPAO is trying to correct the room as well as the speakers. On the other hand, if you like the way your front speakers sound with no EQ then you'd better choose Front (or Through, which is no EQ for any speakers).

Most people go with Flat or Natural. Flat will sound a little brighter, because it boosts the high frequencies more than Natural, but you should listen to all the modes and see which you like best. It's easy to switch modes, and you should do it while listening to some material that you're familiar with.
Kriktsen, I know you posted before about how to save your current settings (RX A830), so that you can re-equalize, with the option to reload the old settings. If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me how-that is if this is possible with my 830.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3392 of 3410 Old 12-21-2014, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmunster2 View Post
... I know you posted before about how to save your current settings (RX A830), so that you can re-equalize, with the option to reload the old settings. If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me how-that is if this is possible with my 830.

Do you mean how do you save the current YPAO settings so you can run YPAO again, but still revert to previous settings if you want? If so I think the only way is to use the Backup/Recovery feature of the web control interface. Through that interface you can backup all current settings to a file on your PC, potentially saving as many different setups as you want in different files, then restore any particular saved setup.

If you just meant how do you save/reload manual EQ settings, then the PEQedit utility can be used. PEQedit lets you read and display the current EQ (both YPAO and Manual) and it can save/restore the Manual PEQ settings. It can't reload the YPAO PEQ settings (Flat, Front or Natural) because there are no network commands to do that (only the global save/restore that the web control interface uses).
post #3393 of 3410 Old 12-21-2014, 08:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 896
Quote:
Do you mean how do you save the current YPAO settings so you can run YPAO again, but still revert to previous settings if you want? If so I think the only way is to use the Backup/Recovery feature of the web control interface. Through that interface you can backup all current settings to a file on your PC, potentially saving as many different setups as you want in different files, then restore any particular saved setup.

If you just meant how do you save/reload manual EQ settings, then the PEQedit utility can be used. PEQedit lets you read and display the current EQ (both YPAO and Manual) and it can save/restore the Manual PEQ settings. It can't reload the YPAO PEQ settings (Flat, Front or Natural) because there are no network commands to do that (only the global save/restore that the web control interface uses).
What about using the "Copy" feature to copy Flat, Front or Natural to Manual. Then when you rerun YPAO, Manual will stay the same.
post #3394 of 3410 Old 12-21-2014, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

It wasn't quite clear to me what the OP meant. You can "save" one set of YPAO results by copying to Manual, but you can only save one and you can't copy it back (so it's not a true save/restore of the YPAO settings).
post #3395 of 3410 Old 12-21-2014, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It wasn't quite clear to me what the OP meant. You can "save" one set of YPAO results by copying to Manual, but you can only save one and you can't copy it back (so it's not a true save/restore of the YPAO settings).
OP-I meant that I would like to save my current equalized settings, then run a new YPAO and see if I like the sound better than the original settings. If not, then "re-load" the original settings.
kWhen you say Backup/control interface-how do I do this?
Thanks

Last edited by hmunster2; 12-21-2014 at 10:32 AM.
post #3396 of 3410 Old 12-21-2014, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

^ Running YPAO repeatedly should give you the same results (or very close to it). Although there may be a noticable difference between single and multi-point YPAO.

The Backup/Recovery option is available from the web control interface. Assuming your receiver is networked, type its IP address into a browser using a PC on the network. When you see the control interface, press the Settings button. Then look for the Backup/Recovery option.
post #3397 of 3410 Old 12-22-2014, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcrone View Post
Thanks. So have you swapped the CX-A5000 / amp combo in one system with the RX-A2030 in the other to compare more fully?!?!
No, and it's not likely that I ever would. It is really a major job to replace my CX-A5000 as it is in a very complex system arrangement (11.2 channels, 15+ input devices). I never change it without good cause and doing that comparison hardly qualifies.
post #3398 of 3410 Old 12-22-2014, 11:13 AM
Nobody Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 26
So I have a RX-A3030 in my front room and I ran a HDMI over Cat5 to our patio and walla I have a TV picture. But I quickly realized no audio is being transferred as the TV in the front room has all of the audio being process in a 5.1 system from the AVR. Question, can I reassign the open channels to a sound bar for the patio, L/R/C or just a L/R stereo format, thoughts? Thanks! David
post #3399 of 3410 Old 12-22-2014, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillcox View Post
No, and it's not likely that I ever would. It is really a major job to replace my CX-A5000 as it is in a very complex system arrangement (11.2 channels, 15+ input devices). I never change it without good cause and doing that comparison hardly qualifies.
I hope you realize that I was just kidding. Even without as complicated a system that would be too much to ask. As it is I decided to keep the system the way it is. Feature wise there isn't much difference between my receiver and the cx-a5000. When I upgrade to a pre/proc it may as well be to a newer model with newer features, as well as an audible upgrade. Aside from which I waited too long and now its gone.
post #3400 of 3410 Old 12-22-2014, 01:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcrone View Post
I hope you realize that I was just kidding. Even without as complicated a system that would be too much to ask. As it is I decided to keep the system the way it is. Feature wise there isn't much difference between my receiver and the cx-a5000. When I upgrade to a pre/proc it may as well be to a newer model with newer features, as well as an audible upgrade. Aside from which I waited too long and now its gone.
Hmm, I must have missed that you were kidding...sorry. However I took no offense, it's just that it is such a pain to change stuff in that system I really try to avoid doing it w/o a really good reason (like a new device that I'm anxious to try out).
post #3401 of 3410 Old 12-22-2014, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillcox View Post
Hmm, I must have missed that you were kidding...sorry. However I took no offense, it's just that it is such a pain to change stuff in that system I really try to avoid doing it w/o a really good reason (like a new device that I'm anxious to try out).
Glad you didn't take offense. I was hoping the smiley face would tell you I'm kidding. My current entertainment center (new one on the way) does not have a removable back, so when I want to change things it means snaking my arm around the back of components , so I fully know what a pain it can be. I sometimes forget that sarcasm doesn't work well in print. Unfortunately I speak sarcasm fluently.
post #3402 of 3410 Old 12-22-2014, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaDave View Post
So I have a RX-A3030 in my front room and I ran a HDMI over Cat5 to our patio and walla I have a TV picture. But I quickly realized no audio is being transferred as the TV in the front room has all of the audio being process in a 5.1 system from the AVR. Question, can I reassign the open channels to a sound bar for the patio, L/R/C or just a L/R stereo format, thoughts? Thanks! David
'Walla'??....lol

I think you mean 'voila'
post #3403 of 3410 Old 12-22-2014, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post
'Walla'??....lol

I think you mean 'voila'
More likely he meant, "voilà".

Pedantic hit & run!
post #3404 of 3410 Old 12-22-2014, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustmagnet View Post
more likely he meant, "voilà".

Pedantic hit & run! :d
i love it!!!!
post #3405 of 3410 Old 12-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
^ Running YPAO repeatedly should give you the same results (or very close to it). Although there may be a noticable difference between single and multi-point YPAO.

The Backup/Recovery option is available from the web control interface. Assuming your receiver is networked, type its IP address into a browser using a PC on the network. When you see the control interface, press the Settings button. Then look for the Backup/Recovery option.
I am pretty dense about these things-I need step by step instructions, if you wouldn't mind. Do I connect the computer to the Yamaha's USB port by a USB or can I just use a flash drive instead?
Thanks
post #3406 of 3410 Old 12-22-2014, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmunster2 View Post
I am pretty dense about these things-I need step by step instructions, if you wouldn't mind. Do I connect the computer to the Yamaha's USB port by a USB or can I just use a flash drive instead?

Make sure the receiver is on your home network (i.e. connected to your router by an ethernet cable). Make you know the IP address that was given to the receiver (e.g. 192.168.1.x, which you can find out from the router or from the receiver). Then from any computer on your network, open a web browser and type the IP address of the receiver in the browser address bar.

On the computer you'll see the receiver's web control page. Go to Settings, then Backup/Recovery. When you choose Backup it will prompt you for a file name on the computer, and save the settings in that file.
post #3407 of 3410 Old 12-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Nobody Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post
'Walla'??....lol

I think you mean 'voila'

Thanks for the grammatical correction! But what about the question???
post #3408 of 3410 Old 12-23-2014, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Make sure the receiver is on your home network (i.e. connected to your router by an ethernet cable). Make you know the IP address that was given to the receiver (e.g. 192.168.1.x, which you can find out from the router or from the receiver). Then from any computer on your network, open a web browser and type the IP address of the receiver in the browser address bar.

On the computer you'll see the receiver's web control page. Go to Settings, then Backup/Recovery. When you choose Backup it will prompt you for a file name on the computer, and save the settings in that file.
Thanks, I really appreciate your help-worked like a charm. Have a great Holiday.
post #3409 of 3410 Old 12-24-2014, 04:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Canton Sub80 not working without extrabass setting on

Hello,

I have a Canton Chrono 507.2/505.2/503.2/Sub80 connected to my Yamaha RX-A2030 but I can't get the subwoofer to work without turning on the extra bass function. Of course with the extra bass turned on I hear bas sfrom other diffusors too... this not what I would like I to be

If I turn off the extrabass the subwoofer is greyed-out in the audio info panel.

Any idea?
post #3410 of 3410 Old 12-24-2014, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member

^ If your main speakers are set as LARGE the sub won't be used for two channel music unless you enable extra bass, it will only be used for sources with a dedicated LFE track (e.g. a movie in 5.1).

Set all speakers to SMALL to use the sub all the time, with a suitable crososver frequency. The normal recommendation is to set all speakers to SMALL, but in this case your main speakers play pretty low (according to the specs), and your sub is not very big. So you'll have to compare LARGE vs SMALL to see which is best. With those speakers a larger and more powerful sub would probably have been a better choice.
post #3411 of 3410 Old Today, 07:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I've been wanting the CX-A5000 for quite a while now and A4L has factory refurbs back in stock at what I believe to be a good price.
Before I jump on this deal, I have a few questions.
Any owners have comments good or bad about the HD radio? I almost never see this mentioned. We have a pretty decent local station and I've listened a bit in the auto on HD and it sounds much better than standard FM. How is the CX? Good, bad or don't bother?
Also what are your impressions of the Yamaha app for android?
Last one for now. Will it play wma lossless files from a network server or possibly usb connected drive?
No interest in Atmos at this time, so not concerned that the CX can't be upgraded to support it.
TIA.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Aventage Rxa 1030 Receiver , Yamaha Rxa2030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver , Yamaha Rxa3030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread