The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1030, RX-A2030, RX-A3030 and CX-A5000/MX-A5000 Thread - Page 119 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #3541 of 3548 Old 02-17-2015, 11:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by highd3f View Post
That's a very amusing post

Then again, had there been a post like mine it might've saved me from regret
Well, I'm with the other posters. Mine sounds great. No idea what may be causing your issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3542 of 3548 Old 02-17-2015, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Its funny , because receiver opinions mean nothing. Unless you had a Denon 5200W, Marantz SR7009, Pioneer SC 8Oror Onkyo 1030. If your not A/B switching them side by side , you would be hard pressed to tell the difference. Most guys in every receiver forum will tell you how pleased they are with their choice. In reality, they might be just as pleased with the Marantz. Got into the Anthem forum, tell them how much you like your Yamaha and those guys will destroy you.
post #3543 of 3548 Old 02-19-2015, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Refurbished A2030 are going for $800 now. $200 less than 'new old stock'. My concern is YPAO RSC vs Audyseey XT & XT32.

My post from a different thread...

I have had a Marantz SR7007 for about a week now. I'm thinking about sending it back to Crutchfield in exchange for an X4000. That is until I saw that I could get a Yamaha A2030 factory refurb with a 1yr warranty. All three pieces are $800, so that is a non-factor. Or an A840 new for $850, which is lacking too many important features and power. None of which are HDCP 2.2 compliant. I've been a Yamaha die hard since 1995. This is an upgrade from an A710 which cannot drive my uograded speakers very well.

710 YPAO is ok. 7007 Audyseey MultiEQ XT is pretty good, even better when change distance values to "real" measurements with a tape measure, set all of the speakers (Def Tech BP2003 (built-in subs) full system with a set of SM450 for side surrounds) and a Polk PSW505. I know nothing about "improved YPAO" now with RSC. I would guess it's on par with Audyseey XT.

The x4000 with xt32 with SubEQ is VERY intriguing.

Content is 60% multichannel AV, 40% 2.1 vinyl or streaming & AirPlay (TuneIn Radio, Sporify, YouTube). I can't get radio in my basement, besides my area doesn't have much HD Radio.

When people say power doesn't make a difference, I beg to differ. Changing my speakers from Def Tech ProCinema 60 with SM450 for mains, to a complete BP2003 system practically crippled my A710's 90w.amps. The 7007 & x4000 both have 125w. The A2030 has 140.

So, I don't know what to do.
post #3544 of 3548 Old 02-19-2015, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Refurbished A2030 are going for $800 now. $200 less than 'new old stock'. My concern is YPAO RSC vs Audyseey XT & XT32.

My post from a different thread...

I have had a Marantz SR7007 for about a week now. I'm thinking about sending it back to Crutchfield in exchange for an X4000. That is until I saw that I could get a Yamaha A2030 factory refurb with a 1yr warranty. All three pieces are $800, so that is a non-factor. Or an A840 new for $850, which is lacking too many important features and power. None of which are HDCP 2.2 compliant. I've been a Yamaha die hard since 1995. This is an upgrade from an A710 which cannot drive my uograded speakers very well.

710 YPAO is ok. 7007 Audyseey MultiEQ XT is pretty good, even better when change distance values to "real" measurements with a tape measure, set all of the speakers (Def Tech BP2003 (built-in subs) full system with a set of SM450 for side surrounds) and a Polk PSW505. I know nothing about "improved YPAO" now with RSC. I would guess it's on par with Audyseey XT.

The x4000 with xt32 with SubEQ is VERY intriguing.

Content is 60% multichannel AV, 40% 2.1 vinyl or streaming & AirPlay (TuneIn Radio, Sporify, YouTube). I can't get radio in my basement, besides my area doesn't have much HD Radio.
Unless your listening area is unusually difficult environment to make minor adjustments that most receiver/proceessor calibration software is doing, there may be a slight difference between Audyssey MultEQ XT, MultEQ XT32 and YPAO, but the differences may not be substantial. Having used all three of these on upper end Marantz and Yamaha receivers and processors, there was a slight difference, but nothing that stood out. My listening area is fairly simple in size (24' x 14' x 8'), including furniture and some treatments to work with, so this may have had some impact on my results. If you feel your bass response could be improved by using the XT32 calibration, might be worthwhile. But, if you're still using the PSW505 and not relying solely on the built-in subs of your mains (BP2006 I assume and not 2003s?) , that might be what's hampering things in that department.

Quote:
When people say power doesn't make a difference, I beg to differ. Changing my speakers from Def Tech ProCinema 60 with SM450 for mains, to a complete BP2003 system practically crippled my A710's 90w.amps. The 7007 & x4000 both have 125w. The A2030 has 140.
I would agree to a certain extent, understand the sensitivity and impedance of all three mains you referenced differ, so this would have an impact on the power that's required to drive each set. Having said that, the difference between 90 W versus 140 W may be noticable but would be minimal compared to adding external amplification. You would do well to add an external amp, at least for your mains, to the SR7007.
post #3545 of 3548 Old 02-21-2015, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcrone View Post
You cannot get multichannel on zone 2 when the main zone is set to the same source. Instead just set the main zone to some other input.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. It seems to work if the receiver is off / in stand-by mode.
post #3546 of 3548 Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM

Liked: 0
Hello, I am about to pull the trigger on a 1030 and plan to power my fronts with a crown xls amp. My question is for anyone running these receivers with pro audio amps. Can these receivers sufficiently drive pro amps without a bump box? I would like to avoid this scenario. Thanks in advance.
post #3547 of 3548 Unread Today, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Yes, You will be fine. When you do your calibration you will see though that your receiver will level things out. Crowns are excellent amps, I am running five of them with a Z9 as a pre amp and it kicks butt.
post #3548 of 3548 Unread Today, 09:48 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Theater View Post
Yes, You will be fine. When you do your calibration you will see though that your receiver will level things out. Crowns are excellent amps, I am running five of them with a Z9 as a pre amp and it kicks butt.
Thank you for replying! That's great to hear, I only asked because I was hearing about low preout voltages. Though I heard the same about running my balanced Mini Dsp with from my sub preout, which has worked perfectly. Can't wait to get this setup and running now.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Aventage Rxa 1030 Receiver , Yamaha Rxa2030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver , Yamaha Rxa3030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page