The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1030, RX-A2030, RX-A3030 and CX-A5000/MX-A5000 Thread - Page 123 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-29-2015, 08:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montucky View Post
Just to follow up on my own question, it would appear that the 1030 doesn't allow for different crossover points for individual speakers. Is this Yamaha wide, or just on the lower models?
The higher models allow crossover setting for each pair, there's no particular reason to allow individual speaker settings except for the center.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
The higher models allow crossover setting for each pair, there's no particular reason to allow individual speaker settings except for the center.
Well that's a bummer. I'd kind of like to lower the crossover points on the rears/surrounds since they can easily handle it, but perhaps that will make things sound a bit off? Don't get me wrong, it still sounds great. I'd just like a bit more bass coming from those speakers if possible.

What Yamahas DO allow individual crossover settings?
Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I have the 3030 and I listen to my music in server thats actually my WD my cloud have listened to it this way for quite a while but tonight I seem to be getting a lot of crackling going on, and its music I always listen to so I know it wasn't there before? Just wondered if anyone else has had this issue or any possible fix or dilemma I might be facing here! Thanks

2-RTi-10's 1-CSi5 2-TSi400 6-r150's 1-Velodyne DPS-12
Yamaha RX-A3030 and Emotiva XPA-200
Samsung UN65F7100
Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM

Hey I remember some one asked if the lollipop update on a phone would still control receiver and I just updated my S4 and it still works great

Samsung UN65F7100
Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I have a CX-A5000 that I stream too from a home server and once I had this happen. I just physically unplugged the power cord from the back of the unit for a minute or two then plugged it back in, no further issue. I think (I'm an IT Tech by profession) the TCP/IP Protocal gets corrupted and ip packets start getting dropped/scrambled creating packet loss. I have read about this happening on all major brands. These units are not like a network switch that has error correction, but they do a very respectable job. Remember internet connectivity is relatively new to AV BUT WILL ONLY GET BETTER WITH TIME. Things I do to all my network connected gear is one, give them a static IP address (turn off DHCP) and two, exclude those addresses from the dhcp pool on your router. I have 10 Av devices on my network (excluding wireless devices) and besides the onetime issue have not experienced any issues in the last 7 years. Also keep in mind there are a lot of other factors that can attribute to this particular issue and you might want to check these;

Faulty cat5/6 cable and/or RJ45 ends
Cat5/6 running close to power cords/power strips ect
Cat5/6 running to close to power transformers, powered sub plate amps are a likely culprit
Failing hub or router
Multiple high bandwidth devices going to a low bandwidth hub

The list goes on but if continues to be an issue I would start by checking your home network cabling.

Yamaha CX-A5000, ATI AT 2007 Amp (7X200W), ATI AT 2004 Amp (4X200W)Klipsch RF 63's - Main, RB 61's - Front heights, RC-62 - Center, RS-62's - Surround, RS-52's - Rear Surround, 2 Rythmik DS-1510 DIY Subwoofers (With PEQ600XLR3 Amp) each connected with Antimode 8033S-II, Oppo BDP-95, MMF-7.1, Project Phono Box RS, XBox 360, XBox One, Oppo HA-1, TEAC PD-501HR transport
Old Today, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by azz7686 View Post
I have the 3030 and I listen to my music in server thats actually my WD my cloud have listened to it this way for quite a while but tonight I seem to be getting a lot of crackling going on, and its music I always listen to so I know it wasn't there before? Just wondered if anyone else has had this issue or any possible fix or dilemma I might be facing here! Thanks

Known problem without a permanent fix. It's more apparent when streaming hi-res flac files. Usually starts 4-6 weeks after a reboot. On my unit, Yamaha changed the main server board and the problem still exist. This problem does not happen when one does not use network standby. Clearly it is a software/firmware issue with the network stack.

Workaround: reboot the AVR via mains power off/on when the problem arises.

RX-A3030 | Usher MD2 + Klipsch RB51 | Sony BDP-S5100 | HTPC
Zone 2 | Heco Victa 702
Zone 3 | Audiolab 8000A | Rogers LS6a

Last edited by boxerfan88; Today at 04:30 PM.
Old Today, 05:24 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerfan88 View Post
Known problem without a permanent fix. It's more apparent when streaming hi-res flac files. Usually starts 4-6 weeks after a reboot. On my unit, Yamaha changed the main server board and the problem still exist. This problem does not happen when one does not use network standby. Clearly it is a software/firmware issue with the network stack.

Workaround: reboot the AVR via mains power off/on when the problem arises.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty8451 View Post
I have a CX-A5000 that I stream too from a home server and once I had this happen. I just physically unplugged the power cord from the back of the unit for a minute or two then plugged it back in, no further issue. I think (I'm an IT Tech by profession) the TCP/IP Protocal gets corrupted and ip packets start getting dropped/scrambled creating packet loss. I have read about this happening on all major brands. These units are not like a network switch that has error correction, but they do a very respectable job. Remember internet connectivity is relatively new to AV BUT WILL ONLY GET BETTER WITH TIME. Things I do to all my network connected gear is one, give them a static IP address (turn off DHCP) and two, exclude those addresses from the dhcp pool on your router. I have 10 Av devices on my network (excluding wireless devices) and besides the onetime issue have not experienced any issues in the last 7 years. Also keep in mind there are a lot of other factors that can attribute to this particular issue and you might want to check these;

Faulty cat5/6 cable and/or RJ45 ends
Cat5/6 running close to power cords/power strips ect
Cat5/6 running to close to power transformers, powered sub plate amps are a likely culprit
Failing hub or router
Multiple high bandwidth devices going to a low bandwidth hub

The list goes on but if continues to be an issue I would start by checking your home network cabling.

Well I will do the power down and up thing thought maybe this was not the issue but obviously not cause the old dreaded Onk used to do that but then turned into something worse so I worry when I have to start powering down units after this experience. All my networked devices have their own ip and I usually don't have any issues but the packets getting dropped/scrambled makes sense, I work as a security service tech and deal with nor's and ip cameras that just drop everything and a usual power cycle fixes this issue so I do appreciate the advice and will let you know.

Samsung UN65F7100

Tags
Yamaha Aventage Rxa 1030 Receiver , Yamaha Rxa2030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver , Yamaha Rxa3030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver