The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1030, RX-A2030, RX-A3030 and CX-A5000/MX-A5000 Thread - Page 124 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #3691 of 3713 Old 05-28-2015, 07:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcassette View Post
I recently got the RX-A2030 for many of the same reasons, especially support for legacy connections. It replaces a Denon AVR-X4000 which had developed a flaky network function that was not dependable. The Yamaha has great sound quality and an extra 2 channels of amplification which allows me to have 2 remote stereo zones as well as 5.1 in the main zone. The only thing I have found that I prefer in the Denon is the ability to adjust all zones' bass, treble, and balance using the web control or remote app. On the Yamaha, those functions can only be adjusted from the front panel of the unit. Unless I have overlooked something, Yamaha really drooped the ball on that feature.

However, so far the network functions are rock solid compared to the Denon, so I am very pleased.
I am able to adjust treble and balance on the RX-A2000 through the Android app. The Option button in the lower right hand corner (with the three dots) has the setting. You can go +/-6dB on the main zone and +/-10dB on secondary zones. It also has other useful settings, like DRC there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3692 of 3713 Old 05-28-2015, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcollns View Post
I am able to adjust treble and balance on the RX-A2000 through the Android app. The Option button in the lower right hand corner (with the three dots) has the setting. You can go +/-6dB on the main zone and +/-10dB on secondary zones. It also has other useful settings, like DRC there.
Thank you! I had searched the app I don't know how many times and somehow missed the Option tone settings. I guess Yamaha "drooped the ball" only on the web control, because I can find no similar adjustments there. But the app is what I use more, so I am glad to have the additional remote control functions.
post #3693 of 3713 Old 05-29-2015, 06:28 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just picked up an RX-A2030 for a great deal and was interested in adding Wi-Fi capability. The Yamaha YWA-10BL is the accessory that is listed to add Wi-Fi to this receiver but doesn't really have good ratings.

Has anyone tried to add a wireless-n nano USB adapter to this receiver and know if it works?
post #3694 of 3713 Old 05-29-2015, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
2030 power amp suggestions

I have a 2030 and recently set up my room for 9.2 speaker layout from 7.2 and was very impressed with the addition of the front/high presence speakers that are placed about 6' off the ground, angled at 30 deg. and are at 10 and 2 o'clock from MLP. My room is 17' wide X 14' deep, existing doorways and mechanical's forced this. With this much wattage demand it seems I need to use a power amp to get the "pop" back into the sound. I know Yamaha suggests using a stereo power amp for the front L&R when a 9.2 set-up is deployed but I feel even with this help the AVR is lacking a bit for driving 7 additional speakers in my room. My question is; What will work better for this 9.2 set-up a 5 channel or a 7 channel amp with the 2030 AVR driving the 4 or 2 remaining speakers?
Thanks for any advice!
post #3695 of 3713 Old 05-29-2015, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgesmlls View Post
I just picked up an RX-A2030 for a great deal and was interested in adding Wi-Fi capability. The Yamaha YWA-10BL is the accessory that is listed to add Wi-Fi to this receiver but doesn't really have good ratings.

Has anyone tried to add a wireless-n nano USB adapter to this receiver and know if it works?
Haven't tried that. Generally, I've found the built-in wi-fi performance on home theater components lacking. So, I installed a wireless bridge and used it to connect all my networked home theater components (including the satellite receiver and PS3) using Ethernet. The bridge allows more flexibility with location, and I found the performance much better than the built-in wi-fi. Something like this might work. I think Linksys has discontinued it, so it's now selling for $35. Cheaper than the Yamaha accessory, and you can plug three other devices into it.

http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Wirele.../dp/B0090DX8O8
jdgesmlls likes this.
post #3696 of 3713 Old 05-29-2015, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 16
The one for yamaha is a bridge just lacks other connections but switches are cheap, I have a brand new one still in the box for mine but never used it cause mine is wired

2-RTi-10's 1-CSi5 2-TSi400 6-r150's 1-Velodyne DPS-12
Yamaha RX-A3030 and Emotiva XPA-200
Samsung UN65F7100
post #3697 of 3713 Old 05-30-2015, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Extended surround

I recently changed by extended surround setting from auto to DDPLIIx Movie per some threads I read. It was set to auto before. Now, the 5000 display alternates every few seconds between DDPLIIx and "Dolby Digital" for 5 channel cable channels, and between DDPLIIx and DTS-HD for Blurays. Is this normal?
post #3698 of 3713 Old 05-30-2015, 09:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked: 1082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civik99si View Post
I recently changed by extended surround setting from auto to DDPLIIx Movie per some threads I read. It was set to auto before. Now, the 5000 display alternates every few seconds between DDPLIIx and "Dolby Digital" for 5 channel cable channels, and between DDPLIIx and DTS-HD for Blurays. Is this normal?
Normal.
post #3699 of 3713 Old 05-30-2015, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woochifer View Post
The only hiccup I've found with the RX-A1030 so far is that runs noticeably hotter than the RX-V800 did. Looking at the interior layout, it seems that the RX-A1030 has less free space and the digital processor boards are right at the top of the cabinet (away from the heat sinks, but still in closer proximity to the amplifer section than before). Also, the older Yamaha receivers placed the digital processor boards inside of shielded compartments, with copper grounding attachments. That's the kind of tradeoff that had to be made to maintain the same weight.
I bought these fans for my A1030, and tie wrapped them to the top to pull hot air out of the unit. The USB plugs into my TVs USB for power (the A1040s USB doesn't shut off when the unit is off). Thrilled with it! But I'm also lucky to have the room above my unit in the cabinet.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o07_s00

Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64II, RS-52 II's, S2
Sub-12HG
Yamaha RX-A1030
Mac Mini - X Box One - Roku 3

I'm finally done buying AV equipment! Except for maybe an additional Sub.........
post #3700 of 3713 Old 05-31-2015, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 247
^ The rear USB (the one labelled DC OUT) can be set to turn off with the main power (the default is to stay on). But it's only rated at 0.5A, while the front USB is 2.1A.
post #3701 of 3713 Old 06-04-2015, 02:28 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
^ The rear USB (the one labelled DC OUT) can be set to turn off with the main power (the default is to stay on). But it's only rated at 0.5A, while the front USB is 2.1A.
Exactly
post #3702 of 3713 Old 06-04-2015, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Recently had the 5000 professionally calibrated with REW. I am still in awe. What a difference! Especially with the subs. I'm running two SVS SB Ultra13s. I thought they sounded good before. Now they are hitting much harder. The calibrator noted the output in the 20-40 HZ range was significantly lower than the rest of the lower frequency range. He made the adjustments. For as much heat as the 5000 and newer Yamaha receivers take from some for their inferior bass management abilities, these subs found phenomenal now.
post #3703 of 3713 Old 06-04-2015, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaddieo View Post
I have a 2030 and recently set up my room for 9.2 speaker layout from 7.2 and was very impressed with the addition of the front/high presence speakers that are placed about 6' off the ground, angled at 30 deg. and are at 10 and 2 o'clock from MLP. My room is 17' wide X 14' deep, existing doorways and mechanical's forced this. With this much wattage demand it seems I need to use a power amp to get the "pop" back into the sound. I know Yamaha suggests using a stereo power amp for the front L&R when a 9.2 set-up is deployed but I feel even with this help the AVR is lacking a bit for driving 7 additional speakers in my room. My question is; What will work better for this 9.2 set-up a 5 channel or a 7 channel amp with the 2030 AVR driving the 4 or 2 remaining speakers?
Thanks for any advice!
At a minimum I'd definitely move the three front speakers to a separate amp. After that I'd say it depends on how power hungry your speakers are. Unless you're using some power hungry, low impedance speakers, I would think the Yamaha would do fine driving either two or four surrounds.

With that said, when I owned a 2030 I first purchased used a 5 channel 200 watts/channel amp (I have a 5.2 system). When that started having problems I sold it (disclosed the problems to the buyer) and purchased a 7 channel amp, "just in case".
post #3704 of 3713 Old 06-13-2015, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Question Cx-a5000 ypao r.s.c.

Is there anyway to disable the R.S.C. portion of a YPAO speaker auto setup routine besides doing a complete reset of the unit? I recently added a MiniDSP 88A with Dirac Live to my 11.1 channel setup and cannot find a way to remove these filters (verified with REW). The 88A will be my eq for the standard 7.1 channels. EQ for Presence channels will be manually entered.

Manually zeroing out the PEQ for each channel in the Manual EQ slot won't do it nor does choosing Through. There is also a choice to clear all PEQ in the speaker menu too that also will not erase these R.S.C. filters. I'm sure a complete reset of the A5000 will get me what I want but I would rather not be faced with starting from scratch and losing all my saved radio stations and settings.
post #3705 of 3713 Old 06-13-2015, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

^ PEQ Data Clear (in Manual EQ mode) is supposed to remove the R.S.C. filters as well. And Through definitely should bypass all EQ including R.S.C. Are you measuring the pre-outs directly, rather than the speaker response with a mic?

Edit:
There was a discussion about R.S.C. in another thread recently. Start reading here. PEQ Data Clear was said to clear R.S.C. Also this post linked to a couple of interesting articles on YPAO with R.S.C.

Last edited by kriktsemaj99; 06-13-2015 at 01:35 PM.
post #3706 of 3713 Old 06-13-2015, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 28
kriktsemaj99 thanks for that link. I am measuring the speaker response with a CSL calibrated UMIK-1 mic and the latest version of REW on a windows laptop via HDMI. The measurement result looks alot like what the picture of the PEQ curve from a copied YPAO result looks like. Meaning if a YPAO Natural result is copied into Manual and has a -4db cut near 1khz I still measure something close to that even after I manually zero out the YPAO filters/run PEQ Data Clear and I have set the 88A to bypass it's own filter set. It's almost like the wiping of the YPAO result doesn't fully take.

I have only just begun to integrate the 88A into my setup and taking measurements can only be done late at night due to all kinds of extraneous noises during the day but I will make this happen. Preliminary DiracLive results even with the YPAO result tacked on over it sound waaaaaaaaay too promising to give up on. It can only get better. If I have to reset the A5000 to get rid of all remnants of YPAO I will. But it sure would be very useful to be able to rerun YPAO to update the levels and distance in the future when experimenting with different speaker placements. I really hope I can find something I'm doing wrong because resetting the A5000 each time is a drastic solution but unfortunately seems like my only choice.
post #3707 of 3713 Old 06-13-2015, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

^ You can only conclude that the Yamaha is still applying EQ if you do a loopback measurement without a microphone (i.e. measure the pre-outs directly). The measured speaker response will be far from flat.

Also it's easy to enter levels and distances manually without runing YPAO when you move speakers.
post #3708 of 3713 Old 06-14-2015, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
This is very interesting for me. I plan to move to Yamaha Pre or AVR too... i am using the miniDSP DDRC88A also ... at the Denon i can just turn off Audyssey and use the Graphic EQ for other 4 channels. But i want to use Yamaha DSP, Dialog Lift and maybe YPAO Volume (on Direct) ...

What is the problem with R.S.C? Can you post a graphic file where i can see what RSC is doing in your case? Normally when you run YPAO Measurements again after the Dirac Live is active... R.S.C should do no corrections ?
post #3709 of 3713 Old 06-24-2015, 07:01 AM

Hello everyone!

I have a question if anyone can help me, it would be appreciated. I've had my 2030 for a while now. I noticed recently that my setup lacked the usual kick, so when I did a bit of digging around I realized something's wrong with the subwoofer. When I use the YPAO program it doesn't even detect the subwoofer which is clearly connected to the receiver. I've done some basic trouble shooting but to no avail! I did recently install firmware 1.60 and got the success message. I did the "initialize all" option but it didn't help. I hope someone can point me in the right direction, thanks!
post #3710 of 3713 Old 06-24-2015, 07:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro8bit View Post
Hello everyone!

I have a question if anyone can help me, it would be appreciated. I've had my 2030 for a while now. I noticed recently that my setup lacked the usual kick, so when I did a bit of digging around I realized something's wrong with the subwoofer. When I use the YPAO program it doesn't even detect the subwoofer which is clearly connected to the receiver. I've done some basic trouble shooting but to no avail! I did recently install firmware 1.60 and got the success message. I did the "initialize all" option but it didn't help. I hope someone can point me in the right direction, thanks!
Any sub sound with test tone?
post #3711 of 3713 Old 06-24-2015, 07:30 AM

none, no test tone. When I turn on the device I can hear the subwoofer "wake up" but that's it. When I do watch movies or play games the subwoofer is active but in a sort of lighter state. I have a paradigm monitor series 7 sub12.
post #3712 of 3713 Old 06-24-2015, 09:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro8bit View Post
none, no test tone. When I turn on the device I can hear the subwoofer "wake up" but that's it. When I do watch movies or play games the subwoofer is active but in a sort of lighter state. I have a paradigm monitor series 7 sub12.
No idea what "active but in a lighter state" means.
If youre getting no sound with the test tone the sub is probably dead.
post #3713 of 3713 Old Today, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Email from Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post
Yamaha has posted product pages for the newest lineup of their AVENTAGE line of A/V Receivers..

Biggest news on the 2013 models is the selection of ESS SABRE DAC's on these models.

MHL support is new.

They are also no longer listing HQV video processors as a feature... will try and get some clarity on what processing solution they are now using

In addition, Yamaha recently showed a pre-amp version of the RX-A3030 and 11 channel amp at an AV show in Europe.

POST BEING UPDATED.

Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3030 Product Page

Availability July, 2013. MSRP: $2,199.95

Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A2030 Product Page

Availability June 2013, MSRP: $1699.95

Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1030 Product Page

Availability June 2013, MSRP: $1199.95

MANUALS AVAILABLE ON THE SUPPORT TAB ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE PRODUCT PAGES (note the A2030 and A3030 share the same manual.)

The A1030 gains ESS 9006 DAC's, matrix switching second HDMI Zone support and front HDMI MHL support over last years models.

The upgrades from the A1030 > A2030 include second zone GUI, 2 IR In/Outs (vs. 1 set on the A1030,) Zone 4 HDMI Audio Output, Zone 3 Pre Amp audio output, Zone 3 Powered output (vs. only Zone 2 on the A1030,) Zone 2 All Sources and Zone 4 HDMI outputs. Remote upgrades include learning functions and macros.

The A2030 also adds video adjustments and 9.2 channel processing (vs. 7.2 in the A1030.) and 9 channels of amplification (up from 7 on the A1030.)

Power increases to 140W/ch (8 ohms, 0.06% THD) vs. 110 (8 ohms, 0.09% THD) 2 channels driven, on the A1030.

Finally, in terms of the A3020, the upgrades include:

ESS 9016 DAC's for the main 7 channels, 9006 DAC's for the 4 presence channel outputs.

CINEMA DSP HD3 audio processing (vs. HD ont the A1020/A2030.)

The addition of the VPS Virtual Presence Speaker setting, which allows for a 5 or 7 channel system to "synthesize" virtual presence speakers in various ways.

From the manual... "Selects whether to create Virtual Presence Speaker (VPS) using the front, center, and surround speakers. When VPS is enabled, the unit creates front VPS when no front presence speakers are connected, and creates rear VPS when front presence speakers are connected but no rear presence speakers."

150W/channel (8 ohms, 0.06% THD,) 11.2 channel processing/pre-amp outputs, YPAO with angle measurements, variable parameter video processing and a fully backlit remote.

The new pre-amp is the CX-A5000 (SABRE 9016 DAC's on ALL CHANNELS) with balanced outputs and a new 150W x 11 channel MX-A5000 amp..

CX-A5000 Product Page

MX-A5000 Product Page

One additional feature on the pre amp not in any of the AVR models is a selectable DAC filter setting.

There are 3 settings,

Sharp Roll-off Type: Removes out-of-band noises by the filter with steep attenuation characteristics.
It has a tendency to produce clear sounds.

Slow Roll-off Type: Removes out-of-band noises by the filter with gentle attenuation characteristics.
It has a tendency to produce soft sounds.

Short Latency Type (default): Reduces the audio delay caused by the DAC internal digital filter. It has a tendency to produce responsive and rhythmical sounds.

MSRP 2999.95 EACH

Availability August, 2013.

A little more information that may help some. I went to Yahama USA web page, contact us, and emailed, received a response in less than 24 hours, here's my question and their response, removed some personal info only.:

Yamaha Customer Support, Application/Technical Support
Model: RX-A3050
Me;
Interested in RX-A3050, possibly 2050. I've noticed in several places your reference to wifi as built in, but when it comes to Bluetooth, it's not mentioned as built in. Wondering if it's an external add on? Also A3050 states Atmos 7.1.4 with an add on amp. Are we able to achieve 7.1.2 without an add on amp?
Yahama;
Thank you for contacting Yamaha Customer Support, the Bluetooth and the Wifi feature are built into this receiver, with 7.1.2 Atmos set up there is no need for an external amp the RXA2050 is capable of powering all 9 ch for Atmos...
Best Regards,
The Yamaha Customer Support Team
--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 6/22/2015 1:59 PM

Fast reply, much appreciated. Thank you. Just to be clear, I can achieve Atmos 7.1.2 on the RXA2050 as well as the RXA3050. Only way I'd need an external amp is if I want to do 7.1.4 on the RXA3050? Thanks again, Jon

Yes that is correct, only the RXA3050 has the ability to expand to 11ch with an external amp for two channels...7.1.4.

Best Regards,
The Yamaha Customer Support Team
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Aventage Rxa 1030 Receiver , Yamaha Rxa2030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver , Yamaha Rxa3030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread