The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1030, RX-A2030, RX-A3030 and CX-A5000/MX-A5000 Thread - Page 131 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 85Likes

post #3901 of 3909 Old 02-02-2016, 06:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsiret View Post
I have a CX-A5000. I have an input for an Apple TV that is use for both Movies and Music. I would like to use a different scene for each - one with the front speakers set to Small (Movies- Scene 1) and a second with the front speakers set to Large (Music - Scene 2). I know I can do this by having each of the two scenes use different speaker setting patterns (1 and 2). I would only be using the Scenes for the Apple TV. I use a Pronto remote so I want to automate this.

1. Can I start the Apple TV in my standard mode I have set for that input and then select either Scene 1 or Scene 2 depending on if I watch a Movie or listen to Music?

2. The next time I start the Apple TV, will the last scene used automatically be loaded?

3. If the only thing I configure for Scene 1 or Scene 2 is the different speaker patterns, will all other settings remain the same?

Thanks for the help.

Nick
Having owned a CX-A5000 since they first came out and setting it up for an oppo BDP-95 connected via my HDMI 1 input here are my finding in light of your questions;

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

The only thing that I found changed was in question #2 and that if I unplugged the power to my unit (going on a long vacation ect) then sometimes when plugged back in it would revert to scene 1 when it was left on scene 2 prior to being unplugged.

Yamaha CX-A5000, ATI AT 2007 Amp (7X200W), ATI AT 2004 Amp (4X200W)Klipsch La Scala II- Main, RB 61's - Front heights, RC-62 - Center, RS-62's - Surround, RS-52's - Rear Surround, 2 Rythmik DS-1510 DIY Subwoofers (With PEQ600XLR3 Amp) each connected with Antimode Dual Core 2, Oppo BDP-95, MMF-7.1, Project Phono Box RS, XBox 360, XBox One, Oppo HA-1, TEAC PD-501HR transport, Atech Fabrication 7000 fanless HTPC and TASCAM DA-3000 Solid State Recorder/ADDA upconverter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3902 of 3909 Old 02-02-2016, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
It has been a long time since I've been here.
I have a V-2030 7.1 with Dual subs. X-over set at 80, speakers set to small.
The issue I am having is, and am not sure if this has happened to anyone else, is that the volume seems to be lower than it should be.
Its hard to explain, I listen at -29db. Run YPAO sounds fantastic, loud and crisp. after about 1 month, I notice that it just is not as loud as before. Re run YPAO, and it is back to normal.
I do not have a DB meter to verify, just my ears.

GAMERTAG: ORYX

post #3903 of 3909 Old 02-02-2016, 07:09 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty8451 View Post
Having owned a CX-A5000 since they first came out and setting it up for an oppo BDP-95 connected via my HDMI 1 input here are my finding in light of your questions;

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

The only thing that I found changed was in question #2 and that if I unplugged the power to my unit (going on a long vacation ect) then sometimes when plugged back in it would revert to scene 1 when it was left on scene 2 prior to being unplugged.
Thanks for the responses.

Nick
post #3904 of 3909 Old 02-03-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the responses.

Nick
One other question on this.

If I enable a Scene for an input, is there a way to cancel that Scene and go back to the standard settings for that input?

Thanks again for the help.

Nick
post #3905 of 3909 Old 02-03-2016, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
One other question on this.

If I enable a Scene for an input, is there a way to cancel that Scene and go back to the standard settings for that input?

Thanks again for the help.

Nick

The easiest is to set up two scenes for that input - one set to the default settings. If you can tie one of them to one of the row of Scene buttons in the middle of your remote (like "DVD/BR") and put the other one as one of the other eight you use the remote to scroll between, you can always go back to the one you use most often by hitting its dedicated button.

That's what I do.

post #3906 of 3909 Old 02-03-2016, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philnick View Post
The easiest is to set up two scenes for that input - one set to the default settings. If you can tie one of them to one of the row of Scene buttons in the middle of your remote (like "DVD/BR") and put the other one as one of the other eight you use the remote to scroll between, you can always go back to the one you use most often by hitting its dedicated button.

That's what I do.
Thank you. That will work!
post #3907 of 3909 Old 02-04-2016, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Well just ordered my CX-A5100 from AVScience this morning it will be replacing my current CX-A500, excited to see what improvements they have made and to use the updated YPAO software.

Rustolemite

VIDEO: Mitsubishi WD-92840 - Samsung BD-J7500 - Sony BDP-CX960 - HTPC -Xbox One
AUDIO: GoldenEar Triton 5 - SuperCenter XXL - Axiom QS8 Surrounds- HSU VTF-3 MK4 Sub - Yamaha CX-A5100 - Emotiva XPA-5 gen2
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rustolamite
post #3908 of 3909 Old Today, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
New RX-A2050 owner. I am trying to use the 2050 to play music stored on my NAS, That works well except for one huge problem. Using the RX-A2050 for file browsing, music selection, is almost totally useless.

1) If I browse by Genre, for example, it produces an alphabetically sorted list of song titles for every song in that genre.
2) I cannot select several random songs and have them played in sequence. The only thing I can do is define the start point in it's sort sequence.
3) The Yamaha App faithfully reproduces the RX-A2050 interface, and does nothing to help in selecting music.

Am I missing something, or is the network music play from a DLNA source unusable from a use interface standpoint?
I suppose I could push music to the receiver, but I bought it hoping that it was better than this.
post #3909 of 3909 Old Today, 11:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1300 Post(s)
Liked: 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter36 View Post
New RX-A2050 owner. I am trying to use the 2050 to play music stored on my NAS, That works well except for one huge problem. Using the RX-A2050 for file browsing, music selection, is almost totally useless.

1) If I browse by Genre, for example, it produces an alphabetically sorted list of song titles for every song in that genre.
2) I cannot select several random songs and have them played in sequence. The only thing I can do is define the start point in it's sort sequence.
3) The Yamaha App faithfully reproduces the RX-A2050 interface, and does nothing to help in selecting music.

Am I missing something, or is the network music play from a DLNA source unusable from a use interface standpoint?
I suppose I could push music to the receiver, but I bought it hoping that it was better than this.
Try the 1050/2050/3050 thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Aventage Rxa 1030 Receiver , Yamaha Rxa2030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver , Yamaha Rxa3030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread