The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1030, RX-A2030, RX-A3030 and CX-A5000/MX-A5000 Thread - Page 137 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 104Likes
post #4081 of 4090 Unread 05-04-2017, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Looking at maybe picking up a Factory Refurbished RX-A1030. I want a system with HD Radio and Zone 2.

Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks

Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4082 of 4090 Unread 05-04-2017, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstonk View Post
Looking at maybe picking up a Factory Refurbished RX-A1030. I want a system with HD Radio and Zone 2.

Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks

Ken
Accessories4less has one Yamaha refurb'ed 1030 left in stock @ $499.99 with 18 mo. warranty:

http://www.accessories4less.com/make...eceiver/1.html

If you can stretch for the RX-A1050 @ $699.99 (also the last one in stock), it might be a bit more future- proof than the former:

Here's a comparison of the two from Yamaha's site:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio...464741_577237_

Emotiva XPA-2, XPA-5 | Yamaha CX-A5000 | Mitsubishi WD-73742 | Epson 8700UB
Boston Acoustics VS 336s, VS 325c, Emotiva ERD-1s (x2) | 15" TC-2000 DIY Sub
Dish Hopper with Sling | Oppo BDP-93 | AppleTV v4 | Roku 3
post #4083 of 4090 Unread 05-04-2017, 09:46 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Can anyone explain why the upcoming Aventage x/x70 series are promoted with HDR and Dolby Vision?

If older recivers like the Aventage 3060 and older has full UHD/4k passthru. Why?

Of course its all about having the latest specs for sales reason. But will the new 3070 do something better with HDR and Dolby Vision that the 3060 wont?

post #4084 of 4090 Unread 05-05-2017, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd51 View Post
Accessories4less has one Yamaha refurb'ed 1030 left in stock @ $499.99 with 18 mo. warranty:

If you can stretch for the RX-A1050 @ $699.99 (also the last one in stock), it might be a bit more future- proof than the former:

Here's a comparison of the two from Yamaha's site:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio...464741_577237_
Thanks for the side by side, I wish the 1050 had the HD-Radio
post #4085 of 4090 Unread 05-05-2017, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 2531 Post(s)
Liked: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstonk View Post
Thanks for the side by side, I wish the 1050 had the HD-Radio
My 2030 does. Same price as the 1030 at A4l.
post #4086 of 4090 Unread 05-06-2017, 05:02 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 32
What would be the best way to setup my CX-A5000 in stereo mode so that my stereo subs join the fun when my source input if from the XLR in (from an Oppo BPD-105D)??

My previous Thule PR350 had a simple SubMax ON/OFF switch that would work on any source and "copy" all below 120Hz from the fronts to the subs also, no matter if it was stereo or Dolby Pro Logic.

- I would have loved it they could also play in Direct mode, but I understand that this is not possible.

Do my settings for YPAO measured in the 11.2 setup also apply in 2.0 mode???
post #4087 of 4090 Unread 05-07-2017, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post
What would be the best way to setup my CX-A5000 in stereo mode so that my stereo subs join the fun when my source input if from the XLR in (from an Oppo BPD-105D)??

My previous Thule PR350 had a simple SubMax ON/OFF switch that would work on any source and "copy" all below 120Hz from the fronts to the subs also, no matter if it was stereo or Dolby Pro Logic.

- I would have loved it they could also play in Direct mode, but I understand that this is not possible.

Do my settings for YPAO measured in the 11.2 setup also apply in 2.0 mode???
I just hit the Stereo button on the remote & that switches the unit into 2ch Stereo mode. As far as I know, as long as you have your mains set to Small your sub will be playing along. I have my mains x'd over at 80Hz on my CX-A5000 & my sub is active in Stereo mode as well. I also believe that YPAO measurements apply to all modes as long as it's not set to Through in Setup.

Hope this helps bud!
Carmine.

Panasonic 50" ST50 Plasma
Outlaw Model 5000 Amp
Yamaha CX-A 5000 Pre/Pro
Oppo BDP-103D Bluray player
SVS PB-1000 Sub w/DSpeaker Anti-Mode 8033s ii
SVS Prime System
post #4088 of 4090 Unread 05-09-2017, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carminepesce View Post
I just hit the Stereo button on the remote & that switches the unit into 2ch Stereo mode. As far as I know, as long as you have your mains set to Small your sub will be playing along. I have my mains x'd over at 80Hz on my CX-A5000 & my sub is active in Stereo mode as well. I also believe that YPAO measurements apply to all modes as long as it's not set to Through in Setup.

Hope this helps bud!
Carmine.
Thanks for replying.

Well, my fronts are very large, so there is no way I will put them into small mode :-)

I just discovered that there actually IS a "Ekstra Bass" mode on this Yamaha processor - but it does not seem like something that can be only-on for stereo, mono, pro logic sources. And it does not look like there is an option for selecting the cut-off frequency :-(

I hope that it also works without DSP modes.

I would have preferred that I could also use my subs in Direct mode - should not be that hard to also output a filtered analogue signal at the same time to the subs.

- there is one option though, if I buy 2 xtra sub cables and connect to the 2nd inputs of my Supernovas - but the catch here is that I can no longer user "bypass" for lowpass filter on the LFE and will need to accept a cutoff point here.
post #4089 of 4090 Unread 05-09-2017, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 979 Post(s)
Liked: 458
Send a message via Yahoo to ChromeJob Send a message via Skype™ to ChromeJob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post
Thanks for replying.

Well, my fronts are very large, so there is no way I will put them into small mode :-)

I just discovered that there actually IS a [edit]"Extra Bass" mode on this Yamaha processor - but it does not seem like something that can be only-on for stereo, mono, pro logic sources. And it does not look like there is an option for selecting the cut-off frequency :-(

I hope that it also works without DSP modes.
First, let's clear up a misconception. Regardless of the quality and range of your main speakers, setting them to "Small" in the AVR bass management does not mean they're "underpowered." Large vs Small is one of the most misleading things in AVR settings.

All it does is divert ULF bass content from the main speakers to a subwoofer. YOu can generally set the low-pass cross over frequency to as low as you like: 40 Hz, 60 Hz, the THX std 80 Hz. If you have mains with woofers less than say 7" then this can be advantageous as your sub makes the ULF bass, and the mains no longer try to. It conserves power since the lower the freq, the more power the AVR consumes driving speakers (presuming your sub is self-powered).

There are some theories that this makes your main speakers more efficient, because they are no longer tasked with producing the most power consuming low freqs.

I think it just makes sense. Your main speakers can be used for higher freqs (above 80 Hz, or above 120 Hz in my case), freqs they are better at producing.

The Extra Bass function that sends certain low freqs to the Sub, AND the main speakers, will usually sound like dookie. You have a powerful sub generating ULFs, and the mains are also trying to reproduce them. It can be an uncontrolled mess. UNLESS you really love boomy, distorting, messy bass, that is.
Webmonkey likes this.

“Phil? Phil Connors?!”
Are ya new here? Please read FAQs and forum stickies. Like posts that help you. Don't ask a question and then disappear.
A: Yamaha RX-V775. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Samsung UN40ES6150, Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen.
post #4090 of 4090 Unread Today, 07:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
First, let's clear up a misconception. Regardless of the quality and range of your main speakers, setting them to "Small" in the AVR bass management does not mean they're "underpowered." Large vs Small is one of the most misleading things in AVR settings.

All it does is divert ULF bass content from the main speakers to a subwoofer. YOu can generally set the low-pass cross over frequency to as low as you like: 40 Hz, 60 Hz, the THX std 80 Hz. If you have mains with woofers less than say 7" then this can be advantageous as your sub makes the ULF bass, and the mains no longer try to. It conserves power since the lower the freq, the more power the AVR consumes driving speakers (presuming your sub is self-powered).

There are some theories that this makes your main speakers more efficient, because they are no longer tasked with producing the most power consuming low freqs.

I think it just makes sense. Your main speakers can be used for higher freqs (above 80 Hz, or above 120 Hz in my case), freqs they are better at producing.

The Extra Bass function that sends certain low freqs to the Sub, AND the main speakers, will usually sound like dookie. You have a powerful sub generating ULFs, and the mains are also trying to reproduce them. It can be an uncontrolled mess. UNLESS you really love boomy, distorting, messy bass, that is.
Found the setting and set it to 40Hz. My front have 12" woofers, and powered by 400W Sunfire poweramp, so I am not worried about power :-)

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Aventage Rxa 1030 Receiver , Yamaha Rxa2030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver , Yamaha Rxa3030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver