The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1030, RX-A2030, RX-A3030 and CX-A5000/MX-A5000 Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 2978 Old 07-17-2013, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 View Post

Which of the Emotiva amps that you have used have fans? Am I overlooking them on their website?

I use both UPA-500 and UPA-200.

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 2978 Old 07-17-2013, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

Thank you.
post #183 of 2978 Old 07-17-2013, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:

Right, I think the UPA series of Emotiva amps are the only ones that use internal fans though.
Whereas, I don't believe their XPA, or XPR series amps do...

The Insane Pink Care Bear's Home Theater Set Up:

Marantz AV 8801 Processor, Emotiva XPR-5 Amplifier, Panasonic 65" ST30 Plasma, Yamaha BD-S2900 Blu-ray, Yamaha CDC-697 CD Player, Yamaha TT-500U Turntable, w/Signet TK5e, JBL ES100 Fronts, JBL LC2 Center, JBL ES30 Surrounds & 2 JBL ES250P Subwoofers
post #184 of 2978 Old 07-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty8451 View Post

Amazon shows it will ship between 26 July and 8 aug, with shipping time I should have it in hand right after the first of aug. who knows I may get lucky and it will ship a bit earlier smile.gifsmile.gif. Here is what I plan to hook up to it;

Ati at2007
Ati at 2004
Sony mini disc player/recorder
Oppo bdp 95 (via xlr)
Carver 1550 Tape deck
Xbox 360s
Directv H21 receiver
Atech 7000 htpc w/200 disc Sony DVD changer
Aquos 70" led
Klipsch rf 63 speakers (front)
Klipsch RC 64 II (center)
Klipsch rs 62 II (surround)
Klipsch rs 52 II (surround back)
Klipsch rb 61 II (front heights)
Rhythmik self built 15" sub (for stereo playback)
Polk audio 505 sub (surround playback)

I too have pre-ordered a CX-A5000 but from a local B&M retailer here in Austin (A&B TV). They have given the same possible shipping dates, so we shall see. Since you listed what you intend to hook up to yours, I thought I'd do likewise. smile.gif

Outlaw 7900 (7 main channels)
4 Outlaw 2200s (presence channels)
Sony SCD-1 (via xlr)
Sony SCD-XA5400ES (hdmi)
Oppo BDP-103 (hdmi)
Pioneer DV-58AV (hdmi)
Yamaha DVD changer (might be a DVD-C950, not sure though) (hdmi)
Sony MDS-JA20ES (optical SPDIF)
Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV (hdmi)
JVC DLA-X7 projector (hdmi)
NHT VT-3 (front L&R)
NHT VC-3 (center)
NHT VR-3 (surround L&R)
NHT Classic 3 (surround back L&R)
NHT Classic 2 (front and rear presence)
Definitive Technology Trinity Signature Supercube subwoofers (2 in front, left & right)
post #185 of 2978 Old 07-19-2013, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 319
A couple more impressions.

Found the "hidden" receiver manager.... as mentioned by others, if you type in the IP address followed by Setup you get access to the entire menu and setup structure..

Having used Receiver Manager before (on the Z7 and A3000) I can attest to the speed and ease of changes... and you don't need a PC to run it. Only downside is that it is a real time process, whereas on the Receiver Manager software, you could work offline, configure your setup, and upload.. however, it was really only useful when you were doing initial setup.

The web setup UI is really bare bones in looks (simple text and +/- switches to expand choices) but everything is there...

Here is a look at some screens from the SCENE Setup Menu (for those who don't know, the unit supports 12 scene memory locations... 4 accessible directly form dedicated remote buttons.)

As you can see, there is a ton of customization available... including different EQ curves, speaker setups, video processing, delay, etc.....

The first three shots are all the different things you can set..

The last shot is of one other feature that I am just thrilled about... the Lip Sync settings...

I usually find that the sync issue in sources manifest as the audio being delayed, rather than early....

On most receivers, it is not possible to make the audio earlier, but only to delay it further...

There are several ways in which the A3030 lets you improve this problem... if you turn of Auto delay, you are already making up some time..

But these offsets seem to be able to give you the ability to compensate in a negative direction...

I need to test this some more, but it does appear to work as an audio advance... I will investigate further.

Just to be clear, the setup system is separate from the Web control page for controlling the unit...

I was able to name my three HDMI sources, assign icons to them, and they updated instantly (and also did so on the iOS app..)

I'm big into information display and editing... best I've seen so far.

Pressing the DISPLAY button on the remote give you volume, input signal, processing (i.e. Straight, PLIIx, etc.) and input source name.

A couple of nitpicks... the front display on the AVR still uses the silly large bar graph for volume (the numeric display is still in upper right, but hard to see from any distance IMO.) I cannot play my DTS-CD files (in iTunes via ALAC) via AirPlay or DNLA... in fairness, I've only been able to do this with some Denon and Pioneer AVS's in the past... While I love the DISPLAY info, if you want to access the channel count, bitrate, dialog norm offset info, you have to go into the main setup meant>INFORMATION display selection... I wish there was one button access to that.

Biggest UI gripe... when you access the Setup Menu, you must have a display connected to see what is going on.. the front panel only displays "ON SCREEN." It's a strange omission, and when you press the OPTION button on the remote (which lets you change audio and video parameters per source) you can navigate via the receivers FL display... but not the main setup menu.....

Remote sensitivity seems fine (my unit is behind my seats in a corner...) I have to point the remote to my right to bounce off the wall, but it's on par for most of the gear in my room (and I use IP/Apps for most of my control.)

In the end, of course, it's all about the sound and picture.

After a day of use, I am really happy.

My last two AVR's were the Onkyo 818 and Pioneer SC-67...

I always found those AVR's, out of the box, to be bright in my room before EQ.

For the first two hours of use, I had the A3030 setup for levels (via SPL meters) with no other processing..)

On it's own, it was really smooth, even laid back a little (in a good way..) Reminds me of a Marantz receiver I tried out a few years back.

I have a med/large room (16x22) which is very live, and untreated....

Def Tech speakers all around (STS towers, Ten center, ProMonitor 1000 surrounds x 4) and a 15" Velodyne SPL-R1500 sub.

I alos have an Antimode 8033C for sub equalization.

I ran a YPAO setup, single position with Angle measurements On.

Again, worth a mention, you have two different speaker patterns you can setup, which includes power amp assigns, crossovers (per speaker set) distance, etc...) For example, you could have a HT 7.1 setup, and separate 2.0 for music.) In addition to that, you have 5 EQ settings (Flat, Natural, Front, Manual and Through (no EQ.)) And you can then access those setups via scenes.. and each scene can change the EQ per setup... tons of flexibility..

I set EQ to Neutral, and there are 7 bands of parametric for each channel (the sub has 4.) The frequencies have preset intervals, -20>+6db gain in .5db steps, and variable Q from .5 > 10 with 14 preset stops.

The first 4 bands of each channel start at 31.5 and go to 16kHz, the last three start at 500 and go to 16k...) The sub bands are all 31.5 > 250Hz, with 10 preset stops in between, and yes, the two subs have completely separate EQ, distance and level controls.

You also have the option of copying any of the 3 YPAO results to the Manual preset as a starting point.

I checked the EQ settings after running it (because, unlike Audyssey and otters, you can) and didn't see anything alarming... some of the channels had a 1 or 2 db boost at 16k, but nothing I'd be alarmed about..

The sub had no EQ under 250, and 6db at 250.... 2 bands at 250, 3db but different Q's...

I need to run some REW graphs to see how it looks, but since there is nothing there at 250, I'm not concerned.. the fact that YPAO didn't correct on top of the Antimode was reassuring, and in the future, I will run it with the AM in bypass and see what it comes up with...

I didn't have a chance to listen to anything I mixed yet, which is always telling..

But I listened to a bunch of music, some TV shows, and a movie with my daughter..

Very happy...

It reminds me of the Pioneer's I've had (notably the SC67 and SC57 before that...)

Punchy and powerful, not bright at all.

Now, I must point out that as I said, my room sucks, and I don't know how good the Antimode is doing it's job... but compared to the 818 and Denon 4311 the sub and low end integration sounds much more forceful... I do need to listen to some of my work to see if it's hyped up (which I suspect it might be..)

Regarding the video, DirecTV 1080i to 1080p looks as good as I've seen, and the brief BD I looked at seemed untarnished...

Much more to come....
oztech likes this.
post #186 of 2978 Old 07-19-2013, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post

Got the A3030. Just had time for an install. No YPAO yet.

Initial impressions.

Having owned a Z11, Z7 and A3000, I'm fairly famiat with Yamahas.

Weight and feel of the unit reminds me of the Z7.

On first power up it obtained an IP address. Found my DNLA server and was available as an Airplay device.

I must say this is easily the quickest and snappiest UI as far as browsing the network and my files. Really snappy.

Powered on and off. Immediately notified there was a FW update. Accepted. And finished In around 20 minutes as promised.

I turned on video processing and have to say it looks good at first glance. DirecTV looks really sharp, as good as I have seen.

My other receivers didn't allow you to select Airplay as a source, but you can with the A3030. Need to configure so I can play from the remote.

After only a couple of hours the iOS app has been flawless. I've had many issues with the Pioneer and Onkyo apps regarding losing connections and responsiveness. Again it's snappy, with little lag. And hasn't lost the connection yet.

IP control via browser works as expected.

More to come.

just curious

what speakers are you using?

any differences( better) in regard to amp section from A3000?

i see you have owned the Z11...which had quite an amp section

I have owned the Z7..pretty good amp section and the A3000..not so much

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Pioneer SC37 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Yamaha A2010 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Onkyo 5009/906 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
post #187 of 2978 Old 07-19-2013, 11:42 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
A couple more impressions.

Found the "hidden" receiver manager.... as mentioned by others, if you type in the IP address followed by Setup you get access to the entire menu and setup structure..

Having used Receiver Manager before (on the Z7 and A3000) I can attest to the speed and ease of changes... and you don't need a PC to run it. Only downside is that it is a real time process, whereas on the Receiver Manager software, you could work offline, configure your setup, and upload.. however, it was really only useful when you were doing initial setup.

The web setup UI is really bare bones in looks (simple text and +/- switches to expand choices) but everything is there...

Here is a look at some screens from the SCENE Setup Menu (for those who don't know, the unit supports 12 scene memory locations... 4 accessible directly form dedicated remote buttons.)

IMAGES TO COME.. IMAGE SHACK IS HAVING ISSUES. smile.gif

As you can see, there is a ton of customization available... including different EQ curves, speaker setups, video processing, delay, etc.....

The first three shots are all the different things you can set..

The last shot is of one other feature that I am just thrilled about... the Lip Sync settings...

I usually find that the sync issue in sources manifest as the audio being delayed, rather than early....

On most receivers, it is not possible to make the audio earlier, but only to delay it further...

There are several ways in which the A3030 lets you improve this problem... if you turn of Auto delay, you are already making up some time..

But these offsets seem to be able to give you the ability to compensate in a negative direction...

I need to test this some more, but it does appear to work as an audio advance... I will investigate further.

Just to be clear, the setup system is separate from the Web control page for controlling the unit...

I was able to name my three HDMI sources, assign icons to them, and they updated instantly (and also did so on the iOS app..)

I'm big into information display and editing... best I've seen so far.

Pressing the DISPLAY button on the remote give you volume, input signal, processing (i.e. Straight, PLIIx, etc.) and input source name.

A couple of nitpicks... the front display on the AVR still uses the silly large bar graph for volume (the numeric display is still in upper right, but hard to see from any distance IMO.) I cannot play my DTS-CD files (in iTunes via ALAC) via AirPlay or DNLA... in fairness, I've only been able to do this with some Denon and Pioneer AVS's in the past... While I love the DISPLAY info, if you want to access the channel count, bitrate, dialog norm offset info, you have to go into the main setup meant>INFORMATION display selection... I wish there was one button access to that.

Biggest UI gripe... when you access the Setup Menu, you must have a display connected to see what is going on.. the front panel only displays "ON SCREEN." It's a strange omission, and when you press the OPTION button on the remote (which lets you change audio and video parameters per source) you can navigate via the receivers FL display... but not the main setup menu.....

Remote sensitivity seems fine (my unit is behind my seats in a corner...) I have to point the remote to my right to bounce off the wall, but it's on par for most of the gear in my room (and I use IP/Apps for most of my control.)

In the end, of course, it's all about the sound and picture.

After a day of use, I am really happy.

My last two AVR's were the Onkyo 818 and Pioneer SC-67...

I always found those AVR's, out of the box, to be bright in my room before EQ.

For the first two hours of use, I had the A3030 setup for levels (via SPL meters) with no other processing..)

On it's own, it was really smooth, even laid back a little (in a good way..) Reminds me of a Marantz receiver I tried out a few years back.

Def Tech speakers all around (STS towers, Ten center, ProMonitor 1000 surrounds x 4) and a 15" Velodyne SPL-R1500 sub.

I ran a YPAO setup, single position with Angle measurements On.

Again, worth a mention, you have two different speaker patterns you can setup, which includes power amp assigns, crossovers (per speaker set) distance, etc...) For example, you could have a HT 7.1 setup, and separate 2.0 for music.) In addition to that, you have 5 EQ settings (Flat, Natural, Front, Manual and Through (no EQ.)) And you can then access those setups via scenes.. and each scene can change the EQ per setup... tons of flexibility..

I set EQ to Neutral, and there are 7 bands of parametric for each channel (the sub has 4.) The frequencies have preset intervals, -20>+6db gain in .5db steps, and variable Q from .5 > 10 with 14 preset stops.

The first 4 bands of each channel start at 31.5 and go to 16kHz, the last three start at 500 and go to 16k...) The sub bands are all 31.5 > 250Hz, with 10 preset stops in between, and yes, the two subs have completely separate EQ, distance and level controls.

You also have the option of copying any of the 3 YPAO results to the Manual preset as a starting point.

I checked the EQ settings after running it (because, unlike Audyssey and otters, you can) and didn't see anything alarming... some of the channels had a 1 or 2 db boost at 16k, but nothing I'd be alarmed about..

The sub had no EQ under 250, and 6db at 250.... 2 bands at 250, 3db but different Q's...

I need to run some REW graphs to see how it looks, but since there is nothing there at 250, I'm not concerned.. the fact that YPAO didn't correct on top of the Antimode was reassuring, and in the future, I will run it with the AM in bypass and see what it comes up with...

I didn't have a chance to listen to anything I mixed yet, which is always telling..

But I listened to a bunch of music, some TV shows, and a movie with my daughter..

Very happy...

It reminds me of the Pioneer's I've had (notably the SC67 and SC57 before that...)

Punchy and powerful, not bright at all.

Now, I must point out that as I said, my room sucks, and I don't know how good the Antimode is doing it's job... but compared to the 818 and Denon 4311 the sub and low end integration sounds much more forceful... I do need to listen to some of my work to see if it's hyped up (which I suspect it might be..)

Regarding the video, DirecTV 1080i to 1080p looks as good as I've seen, and the brief BD I looked at seemed untarnished...

Much more to come....

My impressions are the same having owned preamps from Marantz and Onkyo the last few years. I used to feel that Yamaha AVRs were a bit thin in the upper mids and a bit gritty on the highs with music for my tastes, but because I love Yamaha for HT I was dedicated to them for years having owned 3 flagships and 2 mid-level units since the mid 90s. But for that reason I also used to keep a separate 2-channel listening area for music. That has all changed now with Aventage, and my primary 2-channel music listening is now with the 3010 (which I use as a preamp, btw). I prefer the "Natural" setting myself, although I have it configured to use 2 different Setting Patterns (one for music, one for HT). Laid back, yet still an open sound.

Glad you're enjoying your 3030!

Defeat of Deduct must go over Defense before Detail does.
post #188 of 2978 Old 07-19-2013, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post

just curious

what speakers are you using?

any differences( better) in regard to amp section from A3000?

i see you have owned the Z11...which had quite an amp section

I have owned the Z7..pretty good amp section and the A3000..not so much

Warren

They are really efficient, so I really don't need a lot of power...

I honestly don't recall what the Z7 or A3000 amps sounded like... this reminds me of the SC67 in terms of power...

I can't go above -12 on the A3030.... at those levels yesterday, there was no sign of strain, and it felt like it could easily keep going.

I agree that as AVR's have become increasingly complex in terms of video and networking over the past couple of years, the amp sections have diminished in these "flagships."

Even the new Onkyo's aren't built like the 905's of years past, not to mention the Z11, or past Denon's I've owned.. those were truly built to run loud and hard.

I really like the D3's in the Pioneers, but again, I've had the speakers for a while now, and there's not much need for overdoing it in my room..

If someone is driving less efficient speakers, regardless, I'd tell them to get an amp regardless...

The STS's are easy to drive, and have built in amps for the woofers... my experience won't be helpful for most.

Based on my initial impressions, this is a keeper... and I don't keep much...
post #189 of 2978 Old 07-19-2013, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They are really efficient, so I really don't need a lot of power...

I honestly don't recall what the Z7 or A3000 amps sounded like... this reminds me of the SC67 in terms of power...

I can't go above -12 on the A3030.... at those levels yesterday, there was no sign of strain, and it felt like it could easily keep going.

I agree that as AVR's have become increasingly complex in terms of video and networking over the past couple of years, the amp sections have diminished in these "flagships."

Even the new Onkyo's aren't built like the 905's of years past, not to mention the Z11, or past Denon's I've owned.. those were truly built to run loud and hard.

I really like the D3's in the Pioneers, but again, I've had the speakers for a while now, and there's not much need for overdoing it in my room..

If someone is driving less efficient speakers, regardless, I'd tell them to get an amp regardless...

The STS's are easy to drive, and have built in amps for the woofers... my experience won't be helpful for most.

Based on my initial impressions, this is a keeper... and I don't keep much...

as I run separates the preamp interests me and I had been checking out the Marantz 8801 to replace my current Onkyo 5508...I have 4ohm speakers in that room and really need the power of a separate amp( or an old flagship receiver)
I like yamaha for the neutral sound and the fact that they seem very reliable and bug free

That being said my old a3000 had some pretty unimpressive power...though it did sound better than an Onkyo 875 I had at the time...and it was running book shelves so power want an issue so the A3000 was fine
they dont build as beefy as they used to...though Onkyo needed some help in the reliability department...the reason I have the 5009 is because it was a warranty replacement for a 905 that crapped out

You say this unit reminds you of the SC57...unfortunately that is a unit I dont care for...too bright. I bought one several months ago to replace an SC37 in my bedroom...a display 'deal" i found at a local MHT
After demoing both..I put the Sc37 back in place and stored the Sc57...and will sell that here shortly

I will keep an eye open for this new yamaha preamp...i am very interested in it

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
post #190 of 2978 Old 07-20-2013, 04:26 AM

Liked: 10
Thanks for the awesome posts filmMixer! I sure wish you could select the exact frequency you want for the subwoofer eq - To me it makes absolutely no sense to have preset frequencies!!
post #191 of 2978 Old 07-20-2013, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post

You say this unit reminds you of the SC57...unfortunately that is a unit I dont care for...too bright. I bought one several months ago to replace an SC37 in my bedroom...a display 'deal" i found at a local MHT
After demoing both..I put the Sc37 back in place and stored the Sc57...and will sell that here shortly

I will keep an eye open for this new yamaha preamp...i am very interested in it

Warren

If you find the Sc-57 to be too bright, you can do the following:

1. Choose F. ALIGN under MCACC
2. Set X-CURVE to -1.5 dB.

my home theatre

post #192 of 2978 Old 07-20-2013, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

And if you still don't like it, depending on the price after shipping, I may be willing to buy it off you.

my home theatre

post #193 of 2978 Old 07-20-2013, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If you find the Sc-57 to be too bright, you can do the following:

1. Choose F. ALIGN under MCACC
2. Set X-CURVE to -1.5 dB.

You can also change the characteristic/sound of the DAC using the Digital Filter option...

I will say after some more listening last night I am liking the unit even more..

It really is detailed and solid, with great imaging...

Again, a very happy camper.
post #194 of 2978 Old 07-20-2013, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

True, but the default is already at SLoW and that's the "dullest" one.

my home theatre

post #195 of 2978 Old 07-20-2013, 08:54 AM

[Originally posted by FilmMixer

Same room dimensions, same Def Tech speakers up front.. Denon AVR 3310. Never satisfied with movie dialogue; muffled and muddied. Have not determined if it's the speakers or the AVR.

Any thoughts?
post #196 of 2978 Old 07-20-2013, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike1073 View Post

Same room dimensions, same Def Tech speakers up front.. Denon AVR 3310. Never satisfied with movie dialogue; muffled and muddied. Have not determined if it's the speakers or the AVR.

Any thoughts?

The Def Techs are rather lively.. I've never had the issue...

My center is aimed right towards my head...

However, if you are asking whether or not the Yamaha would represent an upgrade, I would say so, even the 1030 or 2030..

IMO, the Denon x310 units (I had a 4310) weren't all that great... pure speculation, but once I heard the 4311 it seemed as if Denon had changed more than the room correction between model years... the sound and feel of the 4311 was a vast improvement.

My advice would be to find a dealer who has a good return policy in case you aren't happy with your purchase... (I have had great experiences with ABT.. you need to call in for the best price, but they are authorized and great to deal with... PM if you need a contact.)

I think you'd be happy trying something different.. wink.gif
post #197 of 2978 Old 07-20-2013, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Interesting comment on the 4310 to the 4311. I have the 4310 in my second system and while I never did the work to direct compare I thought the Onyko TX-NR1008 was better and left it in my main system before moving to separates. The 1008 is next destined for my shop as it has been idle for a year.

Main Kef: Reference 205/2 & 202/2c, Surrounds: Kef XQ40, Velodyne Optimum 12, Integra DHC 80.3, Oppo BDP-103, Bryston 4Bsst2, Parasound Halo A31. Second B&W: 685 (3), CCM618, Def Tech Powerfield 1500, Onkyo TX-NR1008, DBP 2010, Samsung BD-C7900, Zone 2 Klipsch AW650. Sitting still CCM616, Kef...
post #198 of 2978 Old 07-20-2013, 03:19 PM

Hello All,

What would be the best speaker system match for the RX-A1030 or the RX-A2030?

- Monitor Apex
- MelleniaOne with SB12-NSD sub
- New KEF E series with SB12-NSD sub
- B&W M-1 with SB12-NSD sub

Please rank if possible

Thank you very much

M
post #199 of 2978 Old 07-20-2013, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Can't really say. It depends on your room and your taste. I personally prefer B&W from your list but that's purely subjective and for my room condition.

my home theatre

post #200 of 2978 Old 07-20-2013, 03:45 PM

thank you.

my room is about 4m x 6m
post #201 of 2978 Old 07-20-2013, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

my apology for being unclear. I didn't mean the room size but the acoustic properties of the room. From the room size alone, if you use B&W M1 all around, you should be fine. I personally don't like the sound of KEF in general, so I'm against it. Monitor Audio Apex, if your room have a lot of absorptive materials such as thick carpeting, cloth sofa, curtains, I find Monitor Audio, in general to be too harsh (in higher frequency) for my taste. The same goes with Paradigm Millenia One.

For my absolute favourite, I personally would choose System Audio Aura 1. It's the most expensive from all of them but the sound quality is extremely high for the asking price.

Again, everything I mentioned above is purely subjective to my taste and there is no data to back it up.

my home theatre

post #202 of 2978 Old 07-20-2013, 03:58 PM

thank you very much for your reply. off to do more research then.

M
post #203 of 2978 Old 07-21-2013, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Yamaha MX-A5000 user's manual can be downloaded from here.

http://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/mx-a5000_g/

Note: I will not post anything here anymore because Yamaha Canada don't like what I posted here. (although it is actually highly unethical, highly illegal and punishable by law to force and intimidate such thing especially to a journalist like myself as Canadian's Free Speech is protected as a "fundamental freedom" by Section 2 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms)

On the same Yamaha Europe site you can also download the pre-pro user manual.

my home theatre

post #204 of 2978 Old 07-21-2013, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yamaha MX-A5000 user's manual can be downloaded from here.

I will not post anything here anymore because Yamaha Canada don't like what I posted here. (although it is actually against free speech and highly illegal to request such thing especially to a journalist like myself)

http://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/mx-a5000_g/

And just a note for everyone..

I have links to all of the product pages for all of these models on the first post of this thread.... after clicking on them, go to to the Support tab to go to downloads..

You need an account to download most user manuals...

Regarding our other comment, I'm not sure I've read anything by you that should cause them to be unhappy, but you are a really good source of information.. it would be a shame not to see you around here.
David Susilo likes this.
post #205 of 2978 Old 07-21-2013, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

I will still subscribe to this thread just to answer general question where I can help. Or anybody who wants to PM me, feel free to do so. smile.gif

my home theatre

post #206 of 2978 Old 07-22-2013, 04:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

And if you still don't like it, depending on the price after shipping, I may be willing to buy it off you.

is for sale right now

Ebay auction...no reserve

I had placed it where the Sc37 was...ran MCACC demoed about 30 mins of an action movie where I knew all the great spots for surround were..the movie Wanted

Didnt like it at all...put the Sc37 back...and stored the Sc57 in a closet the last 6 months

Warren

post #207 of 2978 Old 07-22-2013, 06:47 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 54
So, Yamaha's receivers have a 1V pre-out, but what about the CX-A5000?

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
post #208 of 2978 Old 07-22-2013, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

1V for RCA, 2V for XLR

my home theatre

post #209 of 2978 Old 07-22-2013, 10:04 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Is that enough for an amp rated at 29dB gain?

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
post #210 of 2978 Old 07-22-2013, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
Quote:

Ahhh. I still think it's a shame that YPAO doesn't EQ the sub like Audyssey and ARC. But you do have a solution for that. smile.gif

If it's not worth waiting until the last minute to do, then it's not worth doing.

KevinVision 7.1 ... Something old and something new :-)

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Aventage Rxa 1030 Receiver , Yamaha Rxa2030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver , Yamaha Rxa3030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page