The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1030, RX-A2030, RX-A3030 and CX-A5000/MX-A5000 Thread - Page 99 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2941 of 2948 Old Yesterday, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keasley View Post
Question related to the YPAO discussion on this page:

So once I've run YPAO, can I still manually adjust the bass and treble using the tone control or does the bass/treble adjustment over-ride the YPAO settings? So far, I'm happiest with YPAO Flat, but would like it even more with a more bass and a little less bright at the high end.

Also, I'm running just a 2.0 system (yes, I know that's why I don't have quite enough bass) with a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 8 speakers. One of the values I can adjust with YPAO is the crossover, but is this even a factor without a subwoofer? It is currently set at 80hz. Any point of trying 60hz? And, I guess, related question, does manually adjusting things like crossover over-ride the existing YPAO?

thanks.

btw, I have an RX-V1075 that is functionally identical to the A-1030 which is why I'm posting in this thread.
Make sure your L/R are set to large and the cross over should not matter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2942 of 2948 Old Yesterday, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:

So once I've run YPAO, can I still manually adjust the bass and treble using the tone control or does the bass/treble adjustment over-ride the YPAO settings? So far, I'm happiest with YPAO Flat, but would like it even more with a more bass and a little less bright at the high end.

Also, I'm running just a 2.0 system (yes, I know that's why I don't have quite enough bass) with a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 8 speakers. One of the values I can adjust with YPAO is the crossover, but is this even a factor without a subwoofer? It is currently set at 80hz. Any point of trying 60hz? And, I guess, related question, does manually adjusting things like crossover over-ride the existing YPAO?

thanks.

btw, I have an RX-V1075 that is functionally identical to the A-1030 which is why I'm posting in this thread.
You can also go into the Parametric EQ setting under manual set-up and change flat to Front, Natural, or Through for a different sound. I personally use the Natural as it takes a little edge off of the treble.
post #2943 of 2948 Old Yesterday, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

thanks.

My understanding is that without a sub present everything will go to the main speakers. Crossover frequency should not matter.
post #2944 of 2948 Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
PretzelFisch: they are set to 'large'.

Audiohobby: I have cycled through Flat, Natural and Through and consistently found 'Flat' best. But it's not perfect. What I'd like to do is take the YPAO Flat setting and tweak it a bit with the 'old school' bass and treble adjustment found in the tone control -- if this is possible.

Orcone: yeah, makes sense. I thought maybe crossover would inform the relationship between the midrange and bass drivers within the stereo pair but, honestly, don't have enough background and experience with modern audio gear (and the underlying technology) to know what all the parameters control.

Thanks for your replies guys.

I think maybe the one thing I'm still hoping to find out is if I can build on the the YPAO setting with the bass and treble controls or if YPAO needs to be used as-is (aka: bass and treble controls invalidate the YPAO setting).
post #2945 of 2948 Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 145
^ You can adjust bass and treble without affecting the YPAO settings.
post #2946 of 2948 Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
^ You can adjust bass and treble without affecting the YPAO settings.
That's great.

Thanks kriktsemaj99!
post #2947 of 2948 Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcrone View Post
My understanding is that without a sub present everything will go to the main speakers. Crossover frequency should not matter.
Correct
post #2948 of 2948 Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblev View Post
Hi All,
I have the 3030 and I just got a NAS hooked up and all my music files downloaded to it. My patio is zone 2. All my computers in the house recognize the NAS and my Gbox (Andriod TV device) does as well. The Andriod app on my phone does not. It still recognizes my other computers, but not the NAS.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Kblev,

Is your 3030 hardwired to the router? Check the AVR IP address and that you can bring up the setup page via the web browser.

This issue appears to related to networking. You'll need a DLNA server, either on the NAS or PC to "serve up" files from your NAS to all rendering devices connected on your network, by hardwired or wireless. The 3030 is considered a rendering device and needs to be served files to it.

Maranatz NR1504, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Aventage Rxa 1030 Receiver , Yamaha Rxa2030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver , Yamaha Rxa3030bl Aventage Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page