Forum Jump: 
post #631 of 859 Old 07-26-2014, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by siphon View Post
I just picked this unit up yesterday on a BB open box for dirt cheap. I was hoping to use it for the streaming abilities but oddly enough, I'm having the exact same issue. No audio is being passed from the receiver over HDMI. I know the HDMI works because my Marantz was just plugged into the same cables and all worked perfectly. I've now done the firmware and loaded the av2013 app but still no audio. I did try MCACC and the test tones are audible over the speakers. What gives? Is there a setting I'm missing? Any pointers would be awesome!! Thanks!
There are some fantastic deals to be had there at times. I just bought the SC-61 (BB) replacing the 1123 (amazon) I just bought brand new about a month ago. Need to figure out what to do with it . Maybe a local sell or a family donation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 859 Old 08-01-2014, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 71
So is this receiver worthwhile to get? I can get an open box for dirt cheap. Want to pair it with a pinacle QP9 soundbar and some klipsch KS-14 rear surround speakers.
post #633 of 859 Old 08-01-2014, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am very satisfied with it. Just couldn't find how to keep a playlist or folder as favorite and haven't figured out the eco mode... Can it stay on while steaming music from internet or media sever?
post #634 of 859 Old 08-02-2014, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey guys,

I just got this receiver from amazon and I have a few questions.

Right now, I only have a speaker selector connected to the receiver as speakers (stereo ceiling speaker in 6 rooms). I haven't bought the other speakers to set up a 5.1 surround system. as of now, I will be using only the ceiling speakers for now.

I have connected my TV, bluray and dvr box to the receiver.

Few things:

1. is there any way of outputting the sound to the TV speakers with the receiver on (outputting to TV speaker AND ceiling speakers)? The only way I got to work was by turning off the receiver and the sound would go through the TV speakers.

2. I could not get the speaker selector/ceiling speaker to work if I connect to the zone 2. I connected both right and left speakers (through the speaker connector) to the "surround back/zone 2" right and left outputs, but it did not work at all. I tried switching to zone 2 on the remote and did not work. when I connected the speakers to the front output R and L, it worked.

I wanted to connect to the ceiling speakers to another zone, so when I connect my 5.1 speakers I could get sound to both 5.1 and my ceiling speakers. Is there any way of doing that?
should I connect the ceiling speakers to Front Height/Wide B outputs?
Again, I don't have any s5.1 speakers as of now. I just wanted to keep it ready for the next few weeks when I connect both.

ps: I connected the speaker selector to the zone B speakers and did not work at all. Is it because I have nothing else plugged on main zone/A?
Thank you,

Last edited by davivascaino; 08-02-2014 at 04:37 PM.
post #635 of 859 Old 08-02-2014, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by davivascaino View Post
I have connected my TV, bluray and dvr box to the receiver.

Few things:

1. is there any way of outputting the sound to the TV speakers with the receiver on (outputting to TV speaker AND ceiling speakers)? The only way I got to work was by turning off the receiver and the sound would go through the TV speakers.

2. I could not get the speaker selector/ceiling speaker to work if I connect to the zone 2. I connected both right and left speakers (through the speaker connector) to the "surround back/zone 2" right and left outputs, but it did not work at all. I tried switching to zone 2 on the remote and did not work. when I connected the speakers to the front output R and L, it worked.
Hi davivascaino,
1. set HDMI Audio to "Through" found under Audio Parameter
2. Zone2 can only come from an Analog source so connect RCA (red/white) cables from Blu-ray player and DVR box
post #636 of 859 Old 08-02-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi davivascaino,
1. set HDMI Audio to "Through" found under Audio Parameter
2. Zone2 can only come from an Analog source so connect RCA (red/white) cables from Blu-ray player and DVR box
But zone B you can output the main zone sound to the zone B speakers (ceiling). I just don't know how to do that.
post #637 of 859 Old 08-02-2014, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
But zone B you can output the main zone sound to the zone B speakers (ceiling). I just don't know how to do that.
You mean Front Height/Wide/B speaker terminal? If so, Speaker System menu need to be set to SPEAKER B found under Manual Sp Setup.
post #638 of 859 Old 08-02-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
You mean Front Height/Wide/B speaker terminal? If so, Speaker System menu need to be set to SPEAKER B found under Manual Sp Setup.
so if I do that, I can output the same source to my 5.1 (or 3.1 since I might use just the front speakers and a subwoofer for my living room) AND my ceiling speakers at the same time?
post #639 of 859 Old 08-02-2014, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
so if I do that, I can output the same source to my 5.1 (or 3.1 since I might use just the front speakers and a subwoofer for my living room) AND my ceiling speakers at the same time?
Yes, speaker B will play the same source selected in the Main Zone but multichannel source in the Main Zone will be down mixed to 2 channels audio.
post #640 of 859 Old 08-03-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Yes, speaker B will play the same source selected in the Main Zone but multichannel source in the Main Zone will be down mixed to 2 channels audio.
Thanks!

one

I connected my laptop to the TV via HDMI and it worked, but I could not get the sound to be outputted on my ceiling speakers. The tv is connected via HDMI to the receiver, and I connected an optical cable to the receiver as well when I want to connect anything to the TV itself (not the receiver) and have the sound outputted. I chose "TV" on my receiver, but nothing happened. i tried to go to the main menu, chose TV input and try to select audio to be outputted via optical cable, but it did not allow me.

Can you guys help me? Thanks

Last edited by davivascaino; 08-03-2014 at 11:24 AM.
post #641 of 859 Old 08-03-2014, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I connected my laptop to the TV via HDMI and it worked, but I could not get the sound to be outputted on my ceiling speakers. The tv is connected via HDMI to the receiver, and I connected an optical cable to the receiver as well when I want to connect anything to the TV itself (not the receiver) and have the sound outputted. I chose "TV" on my receiver, but nothing happened. i tried to go to the main menu, chose TV input and try to select audio to be outputted via optical cable, but it did not allow me.
Most likely "TV" input is still associated with HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel). Try turning off ARC and/or HDMI Control (Kuro Link).

Another option might work is using the Signal Sel button on the remote (press Receiver button first) and cycle it to "Digital".
post #642 of 859 Old 08-03-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Most likely "TV" input is still associated with HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel). Try turning off ARC and/or HDMI Control (Kuro Link).

Another option might work is using the Signal Sel button on the remote (press Receiver button first) and cycle it to "Digital".
It worked. Thank you !!
post #643 of 859 Old 08-04-2014, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just bought this receiver last week. Is there any way to display the bit rate of the source? My now dead onkyo used to display the bit rate of the sound and the resolution of the video.
post #644 of 859 Old 08-06-2014, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
About to pull the trigger on 1123 for $350. How is the reliability on the receiver?
post #645 of 859 Old 08-06-2014, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Same here...Good deal!!!
Wondering how you folks have made out with this over the last year?
post #646 of 859 Old 08-06-2014, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I am great with it.
post #647 of 859 Old 08-06-2014, 01:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVITWeb View Post
Same here...Good deal!!!
Wondering how you folks have made out with this over the last year?
Read the thread.
post #648 of 859 Old 08-07-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Read the thread.
I have, thanks!
More a "you've had it for about a year, how has your experience been? Are you happy with it?"
post #649 of 859 Old 08-07-2014, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Really enjoying this receiver. Ended up paying $260+ tax bestbuy openbox. They couldn't find the 1123k accessories so they gave me the pack from the 1124 they had put on display. Everything works perfect.
post #650 of 859 Old 08-07-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmo85 View Post
Really enjoying this receiver. Ended up paying $260+ tax bestbuy openbox. They couldn't find the 1123k accessories so they gave me the pack from the 1124 they had put on display. Everything works perfect.
Nice deal!!! Glad to hear you're having a good experience. Thanks for the input.
post #651 of 859 Old 08-07-2014, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just got mine setup yesterday with 7 brand new Andrew Jones speakers and the Hsu stf-2. After learning how to set up a receiver not in a htib setup for 12 hours, I turned it up to about 20 dB and realized it was the greatest purchase of my life. Now I'm wondering what level do you guys think my speakers or ears will explode, and in which order?
post #652 of 859 Old 08-07-2014, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggaleo View Post
I just got mine setup yesterday with 7 brand new Andrew Jones speakers and the Hsu stf-2. After learning how to set up a receiver not in a htib setup for 12 hours, I turned it up to about 20 dB and realized it was the greatest purchase of my life. Now I'm wondering what level do you guys think my speakers or ears will explode, and in which order?
Lol, 20db is about the sweet spot for me as well. Unless I turn on my Gaming console then I need to drop it to 30db, for dome reason the Xbox Ones audio is really loud.

post #653 of 859 Old 08-11-2014, 08:59 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmo85 View Post
i got the same deal but since there was no "goodie" bag they gave it to me for 225. mine was literally in the condition as if it was just taken out of the box and sat on the shelf... not even the speaker terminals were loosened. ended up paying 272 with a two year geek squad.
post #654 of 859 Old 08-11-2014, 09:04 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exist_To_Resist View Post
Lol, 20db is about the sweet spot for me as well. Unless I turn on my Gaming console then I need to drop it to 30db, for dome reason the Xbox Ones audio is really loud.
i run my cable box through the XB1 and usually listen around 23db... do you get TrueHD or dts MasterAudio indicator on your 1123 when watching a bluray? I dont, and i have read thats because the XB1 is decoding the codecs and sending as uncompressed audio to the receiver making it seem its only receiving Dolby Digital...
post #655 of 859 Old 08-11-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredmeat View Post
i run my cable box through the XB1 and usually listen around 23db... do you get TrueHD or dts MasterAudio indicator on your 1123 when watching a bluray? I dont, and i have read thats because the XB1 is decoding the codecs and sending as uncompressed audio to the receiver making it seem its only receiving Dolby Digital...
That is correct you will not get TrueHD or DTS Master Audio from the Xbox One, it does not do true bit stream.
The best it can do is DTS for the moment, hopefully they will fix that in the future, they just added 3D Blu Ray to the preview this month so that's finally here.

I've been requesting this on the Xbox Update Forums for a while.

Last edited by Exist_To_Resist; 08-11-2014 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Correction
post #656 of 859 Old 08-12-2014, 03:47 PM

Hi guys. I just bought 3.1 speaker set Andrew Jones PIoneer to go with this receiver. I haven't received the speakers and sub from amazon yet.

I will connect the 3.1 speakers to the receiver. I already have a speaker selector connected to the receiver that I currently use.

I want to use the new 3.1 speakers and put the speaker selector as Zone B since I want to be able to reproduce the sound from TV, Ipod to my speakers and ceiling speakers/speaker selctor. I don't want to use as zone 2.

What should I do? I will connect the speaker selector to zone B and the other 3.1 to the center, front speakers and sub? Then It seems I have to change something on the menu to change the configuration to Zone B correct? not 7.1 ?

Then how do I activate the zone B? is there any button I have to select? the manual is not clear. Also, once I have the set up done, Can I chose to output sound to zone B only (not the 3.1 speakers) or I automatically have to output through all zone A and B since this is not an independent zone? (like if I want ambient sound to my speaker selector/ceiling speakers only)./

Thank you
post #657 of 859 Old 08-12-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Hi guys. I just bought 3.1 speaker set Andrew Jones PIoneer to go with this receiver. I haven't received the speakers and sub from amazon yet.

I will connect the 3.1 speakers to the receiver. I already have a speaker selector connected to the receiver that I currently use.

I want to use the new 3.1 speakers and put the speaker selector as Zone B since I want to be able to reproduce the sound from TV, Ipod to my speakers and ceiling speakers/speaker selctor. I don't want to use as zone 2.

What should I do? I will connect the speaker selector to zone B and the other 3.1 to the center, front speakers and sub? Then It seems I have to change something on the menu to change the configuration to Zone B correct? not 7.1 ?

Then how do I activate the zone B? is there any button I have to select? the manual is not clear. Also, once I have the set up done, Can I chose to output sound to zone B only (not the 3.1 speakers) or I automatically have to output through all zone A and B since this is not an independent zone? (like if I want ambient sound to my speaker selector/ceiling speakers only)./

Thank you

post #658 of 859 Old 08-12-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exist_To_Resist View Post
so is it possible to output just to zone B? Great!!! Thank you so much!!
post #659 of 859 Old 08-12-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
so is it possible to output just to zone B? Great!!! Thank you so much!!
Yes and the image there explains how they will function based on your speaker setup. Bi Amp and Zone 2 receiver functions will disable Zone B functionality, so avoid those.

post #660 of 859 Old 08-13-2014, 07:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCNE View Post
There are some fantastic deals to be had there at times. I just bought the SC-61 (BB) replacing the 1123 (amazon) I just bought brand new about a month ago. Need to figure out what to do with it . Maybe a local sell or a family donation.
How much did you paid for sc-61? I have a brand new 1123 from amazon replacing an 823. And tomorrow I will receive an sc81 for my ht room in which is replacing the sc1222 I sold.

Last edited by javygonx; 08-14-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Channel Av Receiver Vsx 1123 K , pioneer vsx-1123-k
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page