Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 742 Old 08-22-2014, 07:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi therealdjnugz, can only access with remote. I suggest going back to BB and ask for the correct remote (model AXD7694) or one that has Video Parameter button. Or give Pioneer a call and they may ship you a replacement remote, otherwise buy a Harmony remote.
I actually got the icontrolav ap for my phone and it works great. Stepping up from the 523 has been a little intimidating with all the new options but I'm getting a hold of the receiver and it's been awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 742 Old 08-22-2014, 07:39 AM

Also, I wanted to get peoples opinions on the virtual width/height/back surround. Anyone use these and if so, how do you think they work? Does it take away from the quality of the soundtrack at all?
post #723 of 742 Old 08-23-2014, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just a quick question. How do you get the 1123 to use a wireless connection? I have a wireless router, but this thing only seems to have a regular wired RJ-45 network port. I take it you have to buy some piece of equipment not included? If so, are you better off just finding a way to use a network cable anyway? I'd have to cut a hole in my wall to use a cable since my comp is in the adjoining room. I'd rather just install some little converter or something.
post #724 of 742 Old 08-23-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahcmai View Post
Just a quick question. How do you get the 1123 to use a wireless connection? I have a wireless router, but this thing only seems to have a regular wired RJ-45 network port. I take it you have to buy some piece of equipment not included? If so, are you better off just finding a way to use a network cable anyway? I'd have to cut a hole in my wall to use a cable since my comp is in the adjoining room. I'd rather just install some little converter or something.
Yea, you have to buy an adapter.
post #725 of 742 Old 08-23-2014, 07:05 PM

Wouldn't happen to know what it's called? The manual isn't very descriptive. It just calls it a converter. Typing wifi or network converter gets quite a few things off Google.
post #726 of 742 Old 08-23-2014, 07:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahcmai View Post
Wouldn't happen to know what it's called? The manual isn't very descriptive. It just calls it a converter. Typing wifi or network converter gets quite a few things off Google.
There are a couple ways to skin this cat. I use an Apple Airport express, plugged it into an AC outlet and set it to join the house wireless network (a Apple wireless router). Ran an Ethernet cable from the receiver to the Airport. I believe this is called a wireless access point. There are other makes and models of access points.

There are also so called power line adapters, where you plug one box into an outlet near your router and the other one into an outlet near your receiver, connect up the cables and go.

Both these methods work reliably... there may be others.

PDP-6010FD, VSX1123K, HW-150PVR, Snell E111 Mains, Polk Center, VTF3Mk4 Sub, DIY surrounds, HD XA2, DMR HS2, DV F27, HR21-200, TH-50PH9UK, VSP-1100, PSW200... some other stuff.
post #727 of 742 Old 08-24-2014, 07:56 AM

Ah, exactly what I needed. Wireless Bridges they are called. Found a few and ordered one. Thanks to both of you. This is exactly what I wanted. It even uses the USB power port on the back of the receiver so no extra power plug. Netgear WNCE2001 Universal WiFi Internet Adapter was the model I got. Best for the money I could find.

Last edited by dahcmai; 08-24-2014 at 09:04 AM.
post #728 of 742 Old 08-24-2014, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey guys, I am back again with one more question.

Is there any way of connecting an android phone without using Bluetooth or WI fi? I can easily connect my old ipod via USB cable and works fine, but I could not find any info on the manual on how to connect an android device.

Thanks.
post #729 of 742 Old 08-26-2014, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by davivascaino View Post
Hey guys, I am back again with one more question.

Is there any way of connecting an android phone without using Bluetooth or WI fi? I can easily connect my old ipod via USB cable and works fine, but I could not find any info on the manual on how to connect an android device.

Thanks.
Yes you need an MHL cable and plug it into the front of the receiver.
You have to make sure your phone supports MHL though.
If you have an HTC phone you can use HTC connect that is built into the receiver.
Another alternative is the push player on the iControlAV app on google play.
The last two options will require you to connect your receiver to your wired network.

post #730 of 742 Old 08-26-2014, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer123 View Post
Howdy all. I have the VSX-1123 receiver and it's been great so far. I've been looking to do something that would seem pretty simple.

I have a 5.1 system setup with my receiver all outputting through hdmi to my TV. I am wanting to be able to watch a video source while simultaneously listening to audio from a different source. For example, watching TV from my sat/cbl input while at the same time listening to the audio from a different source (airplay from my iphone).

Is there a way to do this? Thanks!
curious if anyone has an answer to this. I have a similar setup/question, but I'd be looking to play music thru a bluetooth adapter connected to the [CD] analog audio in.
post #731 of 742 Old 08-27-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyimrob View Post
curious if anyone has an answer to this. I have a similar setup/question, but I'd be looking to play music thru a bluetooth adapter connected to the [CD] analog audio in.
That depends, the question previously asked implied that he wanted to mux the audio and video from two different sources. This is not possible.
Now if you want to watch/listen to something on your surround system (5.1) and you have a another 2 speakers connected to the Zone2 terminals on the back of the receiver. Then yes you can simultaneously watch and listen to two different sources. You just turn the volume down in the main zone.

You will need 7 speakers for this.

post #732 of 742 Old 08-27-2014, 04:25 PM

Liked: 11
Am i correct there is no system wide EQ other than fingerEQ on the app? I already have each channel flat using mcacc, Should i just bump each speaker up evenly?

Are the advanced surround effects just a system wide eq or do they change other things as well?

Last edited by Cozmo85; 08-27-2014 at 04:36 PM.
post #733 of 742 Old 08-28-2014, 08:45 PM

Can someone verify if I'm understanding this right...You can plug an analog video source (nintendo 64 in this case) through the yellow analog input, and run it out through hdmi? I have my nintendo plugged into the dvd analog port and assigned it to hdmi 4. The picture on my television shows up as a jumbled mess. Regardless of what I convert it to with video conversion, the picture is all distored. Even on the pure setting. Is there any remedy to this? Or are you just not really able to convert an analog signal. I was hoping I could clean the Nintendo's picture up to some extent.
post #734 of 742 Old 08-29-2014, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by javygonx View Post
How much did you paid for sc-61? I have a brand new 1123 from amazon replacing an 823. And tomorrow I will receive an sc81 for my ht room in which is replacing the sc1222 I sold.
I believe it was $305.00 but no box with full Pioneer warranty. Has been working fine but I need to sell my VSK-1123k. Can't find a place for it in the house.
post #735 of 742 Old 08-29-2014, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCNE View Post
I believe it was $305.00 but no box with full Pioneer warranty. Has been working fine but I need to sell my VSK-1123k. Can't find a place for it in the house.
Oh WOW!.. THATS A STEAL!... AWESOME PRICE FOR IT!.... As comparing Sound Quality from SC81 vs SC1222; I have to say its THE SAME!...No need to
get 2014 Pioneer Elites SC81/82 vs SC1222/1223/1322/1323/1523..... SuBEq so far is just adding 4 low freq EQs in which you can tweak but so far I was unable to make MCACC to really EQ the sub!!....
post #736 of 742 Old 08-29-2014, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Yes, I though is was a decent price but there was a sound difference with my 1123 but both are good. I did think the 1123 was fantastic but wanted a SC model as cheap as I could find one. I have the SC37 along with the SC77 so I have a good backup for my media room now.
post #737 of 742 Old 08-30-2014, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exist_To_Resist View Post
You shouldn't be afraid to update the firmware on this receiver. I have updated mine 6 times since I bought it.
I do it all over the internet at my receiver is hard-wired. Never had a problem with it, you do it through the receivers menu.
Update the firmware and try it again.
Also If you have a spare HDMI laying around try that. I have a feeling it's your cables.
Finally, got hold of another HDMI 1.4 cable and voila, the problem is fixed. Thanks Exist_To_Resist and 42Plasmaman and those who helped me isolate the issue. Next step is to wire it up for Q Acoustics 7.1 setup. Happy weekend guys!!!
post #738 of 742 Old 08-30-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdjnugz View Post
Can someone verify if I'm understanding this right...You can plug an analog video source (nintendo 64 in this case) through the yellow analog input, and run it out through hdmi? I have my nintendo plugged into the dvd analog port and assigned it to hdmi 4. The picture on my television shows up as a jumbled mess. Regardless of what I convert it to with video conversion, the picture is all distored. Even on the pure setting. Is there any remedy to this? Or are you just not really able to convert an analog signal. I was hoping I could clean the Nintendo's picture up to some extent.
It should work no problem. What happens when you connect it directly to the television?

Do you have another analogue source you can plug into the receiver to rule out it bring faulty?

post #739 of 742 Old 08-31-2014, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Speaker selector - Amp required??

First I have to say this forum is outstanding for educating the novice!!

I am building a new house and have a question regarding whole home audio. We have a media room that is prewired for 7.1 and is the room in which the VSK-1124K will live (Zone A). In addition, I have 4 other rooms that each have 2 speakers in them. I am looking at the ATM 7-Zone speaker selector. I am wondering if I need an amp between the receiver and the speaker selector??? Can I run Zone A, which will be the 7.1 home theater and zone B with several or all other rooms powered at the same time???

Any other ideas or suggestions would be welcomed!

Thanks in advance for any answers.
post #740 of 742 Old 08-31-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exist_To_Resist View Post
It should work no problem. What happens when you connect it directly to the television?

Do you have another analogue source you can plug into the receiver to rule out it bring faulty?
When I plug it directly to the tv the picture is fine. When i have it output through the analog out on the receiver it is fine too. Picture is only messed up when running it out through hdmi.
post #741 of 742 Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdjnugz View Post
When I plug it directly to the tv the picture is fine. When i have it output through the analog out on the receiver it is fine too. Picture is only messed up when running it out through hdmi.
Some older game consoles put out non-standard video that confuses a lot of newer hd devices. The article I saw recommended several stand alone up scalers (non were low cost). It was a recent article but I can't remember where. If I remember I will post.
post #742 of 742 Old Today, 10:23 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by excel560 View Post
First I have to say this forum is outstanding for educating the novice!!

I am building a new house and have a question regarding whole home audio. We have a media room that is prewired for 7.1 and is the room in which the VSK-1124K will live (Zone A). In addition, I have 4 other rooms that each have 2 speakers in them. I am looking at the ATM 7-Zone speaker selector. I am wondering if I need an amp between the receiver and the speaker selector??? Can I run Zone A, which will be the 7.1 home theater and zone B with several or all other rooms powered at the same time???

Any other ideas or suggestions would be welcomed!

Thanks in advance for any answers.
Doing speaker selectors alone scare me. Especially driving them from a receiver. I would use the analog out of zone 2 to another receiver/amp and then connect the selector. This way you have dedicated power to those additional speakers without the chance of overdriving your main receiver. That's just my $.02. (PS - impedance matching volume controls are always a good idea as well)
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Channel Av Receiver Vsx 1123 K , pioneer vsx-1123-k
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page