Official Pioneer VSX-1123-K Owners thread - Page 30 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #871 of 890 Old 01-13-2015, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigl523 View Post
My ethernet port just seemed to have died and I can no longer get an IP address. Anyone try to fix one of these themselves? I don't want to really open it up and look inside until after the superbowl so I'm just in the planning stages for now. Airplay & pandora with iOS control was one of the main things I liked about this receiver and I miss them already
I would call pioneer. Maybe try manually flashing the fw again?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 890 Old 01-13-2015, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'll try flashing the firmware, not a bad idea. Worth a shot. I'll call Pioneer if that doesn't work, but I don't see that being a cheap fix.
post #873 of 890 Old 01-13-2015, 10:52 AM

Anyone try the wifi adapter? What's that go for?
post #874 of 890 Old 01-13-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigl523 View Post
Anyone try the wifi adapter? What's that go for?
About $150 new, last time I checked. Could be less if you get it used.

post #875 of 890 Old 01-13-2015, 05:03 PM

Figured it out! When I went to put my usb key into the front it wasn't seeing it at all. USB key AND the ethernet port both broken...something seemed fishy. I powered off the outlet and powered on and voila, everythings working again. Must have been a grounding issue. At any rate, back in business!
post #876 of 890 Old 01-13-2015, 05:04 PM

Good to hear, so a software error then.

post #877 of 890 Old 01-13-2015, 06:04 PM

I wouldn't call grounding a software issue but certainly not a problem with the receiver itself. More of an electrical problem.
post #878 of 890 Old 01-13-2015, 07:02 PM

Yeah, I guess. Did you remedy the grounding issue?

post #879 of 890 Old 01-19-2015, 01:20 PM

Yep, just cycled power on that circuit and it went away. Very strange but nonetheless my receiver has internet access again and all is right with the world.
post #880 of 890 Old 01-30-2015, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

Im seeing something curious on my VSX1020 w/ PS4... when I play a Sony Pictures movie (Fury, Elysium, Equalizer) the A/V is showing "DTS" only. If I play other movies like Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit or Guardians of the Galaxy it shows "DTSMA HD".

I didnt notice this on past bluray players ive had (2013-14 Panasonic 3D BDP or PS3). Also with PS4 I get some lip syn issues on some movies. At this point I regret selling my PS3 or Panny Bluray.

I have an extended warranty on my PS4 from BestBuy, im thinking on taking it back and try another.

Is there an issue of some incompatibility with this 2010 receiver and the PS4? What do you guys think?

Regards
post #881 of 890 Old 02-04-2015, 11:06 AM
sbe

Sound Wanders Between Speakers

I've reviewed the entire VSX-1123 thread but don't see that anyone else has experienced this.

We mostly watch our local PBS station via a Tivo S3 hooked to Comcast. No cable box. The station only supports stereo sound. What's happening is that the sound seems to wander between the front speakers. Sometimes its fine. Other times one side will suddenly increase in volume, then shift around, then stop. It's the same effect as if someone was quickly twiddling the balance control back and forth a few times.

Our speaker setup is three across the front, two rear, two side. Surround sound seems to work fine although I do notice that some content has substantial of side and rear volume while with other content, all of it off the Tivo, there is virtually none. However I don't ever remember experiencing the wandering effect except with programs where the sound is stereo.

I can't for the life of me figure out what is going on. Does anyone have any ideas? It's driving me crazy.
post #882 of 890 Old 02-04-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dermeister00 View Post
Hi,

Im seeing something curious on my VSX1020 w/ PS4... when I play a Sony Pictures movie (Fury, Elysium, Equalizer) the A/V is showing "DTS" only. If I play other movies like Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit or Guardians of the Galaxy it shows "DTSMA HD".

I didnt notice this on past bluray players ive had (2013-14 Panasonic 3D BDP or PS3). Also with PS4 I get some lip syn issues on some movies. At this point I regret selling my PS3 or Panny Bluray.

I have an extended warranty on my PS4 from BestBuy, im thinking on taking it back and try another.

Is there an issue of some incompatibility with this 2010 receiver and the PS4? What do you guys think?

Regards
DTS and HD/MA displaying is fine. HD and MA are lossless audio codecs. PS3 didn't support passthrough, looks like the ps4 does.

As for audio/video sync issues make sure to turn off all video processing on your receiver.

post #883 of 890 Old 02-04-2015, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dermeister00 View Post
Hi,

Regards
I think it should be fine ps4 and receiver should be compatible as long as the vsx sports hdmi 1.4 ports.

Did you check you ps4 audio settings?

Is it a ripped movie?
Perhaps the ps4 doesn't support the format.

post #884 of 890 Old 02-14-2015, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The last two days my pioneer has started becoming occasionally unresponsive to remote commands. I'll frequently need to press a button several times before it acknowledges it. And I've used both the pioneer remote and my Harmony remote - same issue. Any idea what's going on here and or what I can do about it? Your help is much appreciated.
post #885 of 890 Old 02-14-2015, 09:56 PM

No clue, pull the power for ten minutes and re plug see what happens.

post #886 of 890 Old 02-23-2015, 03:37 PM

Liked: 12
Can someone point me in the right direction on how to change the HDMI Audio decoding settings? I have several components connected where the receiver decodes the audio signal fine and outputs the correct format (DD, DTA, DTS-MA, etc), but on a couple it just outputs stereo sound. If I switch the inputs on the back, the components that previously only played stereo, will now play the correct audio, so I know it's something in the receiver's settings. I've gone through the manual, the receiver menu, and the audio settings in the Pioneer app with no luck. Any help?
post #887 of 890 Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Galt View Post
Can someone point me in the right direction on how to change the HDMI Audio decoding settings? I have several components connected where the receiver decodes the audio signal fine and outputs the correct format (DD, DTA, DTS-MA, etc), but on a couple it just outputs stereo sound. If I switch the inputs on the back, the components that previously only played stereo, will now play the correct audio, so I know it's something in the receiver's settings. I've gone through the manual, the receiver menu, and the audio settings in the Pioneer app with no luck. Any help?
I'm not sure I understand can you give more detail?

I know certain inputs can mix input sources, and you can change that. Also have a look at your remote and you might want to have a look at page 12 in the users manual section, 5 Receiver Control Buttons, which will take you to page 51. Also have a look on page 49 and Standard surround sound.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Exist_To_Resist; Yesterday at 11:01 AM.
post #888 of 890 Unread Yesterday, 06:40 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exist_To_Resist View Post
I'm not sure I understand can you give more detail?

I know certain inputs can mix input sources, and you can change that. Also have a look at your remote and you might want to have a look at page 12 in the users manual section, 5 Receiver Control Buttons, which will take you to page 51. Also have a look on page 49 and Standard surround sound.

Hope that helps.
Ok, one example:

I have my Directv box plugged into the SAT/CBL input on the receiver. I have my media player plugged into Input 1. When I play the media player on input 1, I get digital audio (DTS-MA, DD, etc). The Directv box on the SAT/CBL input will not play a digital signal though. If I switch the two HDMI cables, the Directv box will play digital through Input 1, but now the media player will not play digital audio through the SAT/CBL input. I have both inputs set as "Auto Surround" which seems to be what the manual says to do.
post #889 of 890 Unread Yesterday, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Galt View Post
Ok, one example:

I have my Directv box plugged into the SAT/CBL input on the receiver. I have my media player plugged into Input 1. When I play the media player on input 1, I get digital audio (DTS-MA, DD, etc). The Directv box on the SAT/CBL input will not play a digital signal though. If I switch the two HDMI cables, the Directv box will play digital through Input 1, but now the media player will not play digital audio through the SAT/CBL input. I have both inputs set as "Auto Surround" which seems to be what the manual says to do.

Hi John_Galt, on the remote try pressing "Receiver" button and then the "Standard" button a few times to cycle through a choice of decoding modes.
post #890 of 890 Unread Today, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I recently ended up buying this AVR (the VSX-1123) because of the feature-set for the price. It will be coming in tomorrow but I had a two main issues/questions if you guys can help me.

I have a TV in my main living area with a 5.1 setup, I plan on having a PS4, WIIU, Fire TV, 360 and a HTPC in that entertainment center. Now sort-of in the same room but about 100ft away (a room connects to the open living area) I have a desktop PC with an LCD monitor (has an HDMI input open with only the PC using the DVI input.) I also have an ancient Yamaha receiver powering two Micca bookshelf speakers and an old Yamaha sub.

What I want to do is have that LCD monitor use the second output from the Pioneer so I can occasionally use my devices on that monitor. I'm getting rid of the old AVR and the old sub but want to keep the Micca speakers to have a 2.0 zone 2 setup for when I'm watching stuff on the monitor. I read in this thread from a couple years ago that only some of the HDMI inputs can input both video and audio to the second HDMI output, do I have this right? If so, am I going to have to pick and choose which inputs I want to be able to use/see on the LCD monitor? Basically, is there anyway to have full access to my HDMI devices on the LCD monitor as well as use the two Micca's as a basic L/R 2.0 setup when I'm using said devices, ideally keeping the main TV off while doing so.

Now, my other issue is a little more generic (I'll be sure to search around the forums in general for help on this.) A bedroom on the exact opposite side of the house has a Fios DVR cable box (can't be moved or this wouldn't be an issue.)

What I want to do is use an HDMI splitter (was looking at the OREI HD-102) to create two ouputs, one to the TV in the room with the DVR, and another all the way over to my Pioneer. To do this, in addition to the HDMI splitter, I am thinking I'll need two 100ft HDMI cables and one male to female extension cord. Do you think this enough for me to get a decent signal to the TV? With the Fios app I can remotely control the DVR (obviously not at the same time it's being watched but that's ok) so that's not an issue. I'm wondering if this would have me good to go though? I know there are some HDMI switchers that run quite expensive, but really I'm only using the DVR to watch sports and the news, does not need to be an incredible picture. (Though why couldn't it be?)

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but if anybody can help me out here or give me some information I'd appreciate it.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Channel Av Receiver Vsx 1123 K , pioneer vsx-1123-k
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page