Official Pioneer VSX-1123-K Owners thread - Page 31 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 10Likes
post #901 of 929 Unread 04-27-2015, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by madnaxal78 View Post
Hi There,

Need help as i bought pioneer VSX1123K AV receiver recently and when i try to set that up in my living room to the TV and to 5 in ceiling speakers. I was just following the instructions on quick setup and put HDMI cable out to out 1 on receiver and the input to one of the HDMIs on TV. selected receiver button and then home setup button to show MCACC on receiver but i don't see any thing getting displayed on TV and is keep on displaying no signal.
Initially i thought its a bad HDMI and i connected that HDMI to ROKU or BD player from TV and it detects it and shows on TV screen but when i connect the same HDMI to receiver i don't get anything.

I am new to receivers, please help. your help is much appreciated. TIA
Is it possible that your TV is not capable of displaying 1080p content and your receiver is trying to display that resolution?
Try playing around with the Video parameters on your receiver, maybe to a factory reset before plugging it in again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 929 Unread 04-28-2015, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exist_To_Resist View Post
Is it possible that your TV is not capable of displaying 1080p content and your receiver is trying to display that resolution?
Try playing around with the Video parameters on your receiver, maybe to a factory reset before plugging it in again.
Thanks for replying. I reset to factory settings and tried again and still the same.
post #903 of 929 Unread 04-28-2015, 08:26 PM

What's your TV make and model?

What input is your receiver on, what signal are you trying to pass to the TV through the receiver?

Are your speakers connected and working?

Can you hear the tuner/radio?

Check this out.

post #904 of 929 Unread 04-28-2015, 10:46 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is it possible to send audio to the hdmi outputs as well as the amp speakers at the same time (audio pass through) or just one or the other?
post #905 of 929 Unread 04-29-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockABoots View Post
Is it possible to send audio to the hdmi outputs as well as the amp speakers at the same time (audio pass through) or just one or the other?
With the receiver you can allow HDZONE output (second HDMI output) to mirror the HDMI 1 output (first HDMI output) and what will happen is the audio that is being reproduced on HDMI 1 output via the speakers will also get pushed through the HDZONE output.

What are you trying to do exactly?

At one point I had both outputs running to the same TV so if I wanted to listen to music while playing video games I could.
Video to the TV would go via HDZONE and Music was being reproduced via speakers.

post #906 of 929 Unread 04-29-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
With the receiver you can allow HDZONE output (second HDMI output) to mirror the HDMI 1 output (first HDMI output) and what will happen is the audio that is being reproduced on HDMI 1 output via the speakers will also get pushed through the HDZONE output.

What are you trying to do exactly?

At one point I had both outputs running to the same TV so if I wanted to listen to music while playing video games I could.
Video to the TV would go via HDZONE and Music was being reproduced via speakers.
I am wanting to send HDMI out 1 to the TV (for Xbox One) and HDMI out 2 to my capture device so i can capture the gameplay from the xbox one. At the moment im not getting any audio when i watch the capture file back on the PC, i have to set the amp from 'HDMI AMP' to 'HDMI Through' to get audio on the capture only issue is when i set the amp to 'HDMI Through' i dont get audio from the speakers connected to the amp anymore. I want to be able to play the XBox One whilst enjoying 5.1 audio from the speakers and still send audio to the capture device. (via HDMI 2)

Can you run me through the steps on how to get audio to the hdmi out and also the speakers?

Last edited by BlockABoots; 04-29-2015 at 10:09 AM.
post #907 of 929 Unread 04-29-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
I am wanting to send HDMI out 1 to the TV (for Xbox One) and HDMI out 2 to my capture device so i can capture the gameplay from the xbox one. At the moment im not getting any audio when i watch the capture file back on the PC, i have to set the amp from 'HDMI AMP' to 'HDMI Through' to get audio on the capture only issue is when i set the amp to 'HDMI Through' i dont get audio from the speakers connected to the amp anymore. I want to be able to play the XBox One whilst enjoying 5.1 audio from the speakers and still send audio to the capture device. (via HDMI 2)

Can you run me through the steps on how to get audio to the hdmi out and also the speakers?
Head over to this 3 page thread, and read it: Pioneer VSX 1123-K Zone 2 output
EDIT: You should also start at post 109 in this threat Official Pioneer VSX-1123-K Owners thread and keep reading my posts for several pages, it explains everything.

Note that when you mirror your primary output it will not downmix the soundtrack to stereo, so if your capture device can not handle 5.1 that might be the cause.

Also this:

Last edited by Exist_To_Resist; 04-29-2015 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Correction
post #908 of 929 Unread 04-29-2015, 11:07 AM

Thanks for the guidance, i should mention that i dont actually have the vsx-1123-k but the vsx 924, i would imagine the principle should be the same between the 2 devices in order to get audio for both hdmi out and speakers!?

Yeah my capture device doesnt accept 5.1 but i got one of these devices....

and the FiiO D07 Multi-Channel TV Digital To Analog Converter....

so it converts the 5.1 audio to 2 channel so my capture device accepts the audio
post #909 of 929 Unread 04-29-2015, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I would not assume the feature set for the 924 is like the 1123, you should try to find the manual for your 924 and locate the sections highlighted above

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jeff
post #910 of 929 Unread 04-29-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the guidance, i should mention that i dont actually have the vsx-1123-k but the vsx 924, i would imagine the principle should be the same between the 2 devices in order to get audio for both hdmi out and speakers!?

Yeah my capture device doesnt accept 5.1 but i got one of these devices....

and the FiiO D07 Multi-Channel TV Digital To Analog Converter....

so it converts the 5.1 audio to 2 channel so my capture device accepts the audio
You need to find the manual for the 924, that's one model down and one year newer.
Don't make assumptions.

Also with all this audio converting for your device have you actually tried recording directly from the Xbox?
What codecs does that converter support? It's possible that it is limited with what comes out of the receiver.
Have you plugged in the HDMI from HDZONE output on the receiver to a secondary TV input to see if you get audio at all on that port?
You need to do some testing.

post #911 of 929 Unread 04-29-2015, 12:23 PM

Hmm im still struggling with this, just to confirm my needs....

I want to send the same video to HDMI Out 1&2 and also have the audio sent over the HDMI out 2 and also the amps speakers at the same time.

Now seeing as i need both HDMI out 1&2 im unable to use HDZONE as this locks you down to just HDMI out 1 and you cant use HDMI Out 2. So in the 'Zone Setup' menu for 'a.Main/Zone' i have to set it to 'MAIN' as if i set to 'HDZONE' then both HDMI Outs wont be enabled. what should i set the 'Play ZONE Setup' setting to?

On my old SONY amp for the HDMI audio you could select 'TV' (Through), 'AMP' or 'TV&AMP' but the Pioneer only seem to allow either 'Through' or 'AMP not both can anyone confirm this?

Exist_To_Resist, If i set the HDMI audio to 'Through' then i get audio on my capture device so i know that the audio works on the capture device from my amp but when i have it set to 'Through' im not getting audio from the amp speakers anymore, when i set the HDMI audio to 'AMP' then i get audio from the amp speakers but then lose it from the HDMI out and thus the capture device.

Surely this is pretty basic stuff that all entry level amps should be able to do, send audio over the hdmi outs as well as the amp speakers at the same time???

Last edited by BlockABoots; 04-29-2015 at 12:37 PM.
post #912 of 929 Unread 04-29-2015, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 16
That sounds like a 924 specific problem as I use HDMI 1/2 using hdzone on my 1123

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jeff
post #913 of 929 Unread 04-29-2015, 12:43 PM

Heres the section from the manual...

post #914 of 929 Unread 04-29-2015, 02:09 PM

I have even tried a simple approach and attempted to get audio from my TV (HDMI Out 1) and the the amp speakers but the amp doesnt appear to even be able to do that!. I have set the Zone Setup to HDZONE (so disables HDMI out 2 on the vsx 924) and i still cant get audio from the TV and AMP speakers at the same time, i only appear to be able to get one or the other via selecting, 'HDMI Through' or 'HDMI AMP' i find it hard to believe that this amp doesnt have an option to allow you to send audio over HDMI and amp Speakers at the same time, i should of stuck with a SONY amp least they have basic options such as this!
post #915 of 929 Unread 04-29-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
I have even tried a simple approach and attempted to get audio from my TV (HDMI Out 1) and the the amp speakers but the amp doesnt appear to even be able to do that!. I have set the Zone Setup to HDZONE (so disables HDMI out 2 on the vsx 924) and i still cant get audio from the TV and AMP speakers at the same time, i only appear to be able to get one or the other via selecting, 'HDMI Through' or 'HDMI AMP' i find it hard to believe that this amp doesnt have an option to allow you to send audio over HDMI and amp Speakers at the same time, i should of stuck with a SONY amp least they have basic options such as this!

I think you're confused.

You will not get sound through the television and receiver if you're using HDMI output 1.
You will only get sound out of the television if you're using HDZONE output.

So on page 94 it states that you need to set the HDMI 2 OUT terminal to MAIN, then press OUT P. Did you do that?

What's on page 71, the OUT P comment references that.

post #916 of 929 Unread 04-29-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
I think you're confused.

You will not get sound through the television and receiver if you're using HDMI output 1.
You will only get sound out of the television if you're using HDZONE output.

So on page 94 it states that you need to set the HDMI 2 OUT terminal to MAIN, then press OUT P. Did you do that?

What's on page 71, the OUT P comment references that.

Heres page 71...

As said if i select HDZONE it locks out HDMI Out 2, so thats not an option so i have to select 'MAIN'.

Im not sure if you can set the Zones for each HDMI Out terminal independently i think their shared as in the options it doesnt seem to state a HDMI out terminal, so that part in the manual (page 94) had me a bit confused

The manual can be view here, http://docs.pioneer.eu/Manuals/VSX_9...RB7555_manual/

Last edited by BlockABoots; 04-29-2015 at 03:38 PM.
post #917 of 929 Unread 04-30-2015, 07:24 AM

First what you need to do is as described on page 89 of the manual you need to set your Speaker system settings to HDZONE.
Once you have done that you need to do the following.

Then in ZONE Setup pg 94 you should set the usage for HDMI out 2 terminal to MAIN, this will mirror the output.
Also on page 71, second column "Switching the HDMI output" you should set that to OUT 1+2.
Note that this will turn off synchronized amp mode.

Please Note: You will not be able to pass any other inputs except for HDMI 1-6 on your receiver to HDMI OUT 2.
If you want to play music via Pandora or Push player you need to set up ZONE 2. That is something else entirely.

If you have those settings it should work no problem. Use your Blu-Ray player to test all the functionality.

Here is how you should test if you want to know that the sound is coming out of HDMI OUT 2;
Run two HDMI outputs from the receiver to your TV, HDMI OUT 1 from receiver to HDMI 1 IN on TV, HDMI OUT 2 on receiver to HDMI 2 IN on TV.
Once you are running two HDMI cables to your television you can test both outputs.
Make sure you have something plugged in to at least one of your HDMI inputs on the receiver.
Preferably a Blu-Ray player, make sure the Blu-Ray player audio output is set to Bitstream, put in a Blu-Ray and select a DTS or DD soundtrack and play the movie.
Once the movie is playing you should hear audio coming out of your speakers, and video on HDMI 1 of your TV.
If you switch your input on the TV to HDMI 2 and turn the volume down on the receiver you should see video and audio on your TV.

If you're getting video on one on the TV inputs and not the other, shut everything down swap the cables, turn it back on and test again.
There is a possibility you have an old/cheap HDMI cable and that is what's at fault. You should always test cables first.

Two things you should note before testing , make sure your TV speakers are on, and make sure that the speakers connected to your receiver are working as well.
Gator99 likes this.

post #918 of 929 Unread 04-30-2015, 11:19 AM

Ok, i guess i need to disable HDMI control mode, as with it enabled when try and change the volume with the TV remote it adjusts the AMP volume not the TV!?

I have set the speaker system from Normal (SB/FH) to HDZONE
Set HDMI output to OUT 1+2
Connected HDMI OUT 1 on AMP to HDMI IN 1 on TV
Connected HDMI OUT 2 on AMP to HDMI IN 2 on TV
Set XBox One to Bitstream DTS
Started a Youtube Video up.

When i switch to HDMI input 1 on the TV audio is coming from the AMP spekaers and nothing from the speakers, when i switch to HDMI input 2 on the TV again audio from the amp speakers and nothing from the TV, any ideas?

Also setting it up like this, i keep losing sync of the picture every few seconds, what could cause that?

Last edited by BlockABoots; 04-30-2015 at 11:32 AM.
post #919 of 929 Unread 04-30-2015, 11:26 AM

What's your TV model?
I'm thinking it might now support the audio codec.

What happens when you change the xbox one audio output to Stereo?

Last edited by Exist_To_Resist; 04-30-2015 at 11:30 AM.
post #920 of 929 Unread 04-30-2015, 11:59 AM

I have the Sony KDL-42W650.

Have set the XBox One to stereo and get the same results. What should the Play Zone Setup setting be set to, Main, Zone 2 or HDZONE?

If i set the Speaker System back to Normal (SB/FH) then the sync issues stop

Last edited by BlockABoots; 04-30-2015 at 12:10 PM.
post #921 of 929 Unread 04-30-2015, 12:35 PM

Play Zone Setup has no bearing on the HDMI playback to OUT 2. It's for the analog sources and Pandora, etc.

So you have it working now?

post #922 of 929 Unread 04-30-2015, 01:19 PM

No afraid not, i just get audio over the amp speakers on both hdmi inputs on the TV and nothing from the TV speakers, anything else that might be effecting the audio getting to the TV. I can get audio from the TV fine if i change HDMI AMP to HDMI Through
post #923 of 929 Unread 04-30-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
No afraid not, i just get audio over the amp speakers on both hdmi inputs on the TV and nothing from the TV speakers, anything else that might be effecting the audio getting to the TV. I can get audio from the TV fine if i change HDMI AMP to HDMI Through
What page in the manual is HDMI AMP and HDMI Through written about?

I can't find it.

post #924 of 929 Unread 04-30-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
What page in the manual is HDMI AMP and HDMI Through written about?

I can't find it.
Page 54
post #925 of 929 Unread 05-02-2015, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks. i tried to change the vconv to ON but when i try to do that it displays basic setup now on the receiver and nothing happens.
Also i see that when i selected TV as input on the receiver it shows digital instead of HDMI, is that the reason why i don't see the setup on the TV ? How can i change that from digital to HDMI ?

TIA

Quote:
What's your TV make and model?

What input is your receiver on, what signal are you trying to pass to the TV through the receiver?

Are your speakers connected and working?

Can you hear the tuner/radio?

Check this out.
post #926 of 929 Unread 05-03-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnaxal78 View Post
Thanks. i tried to change the vconv to ON but when i try to do that it displays basic setup now on the receiver and nothing happens.
Also i see that when i selected TV as input on the receiver it shows digital instead of HDMI, is that the reason why i don't see the setup on the TV ? How can i change that from digital to HDMI ?

TIA
Have you gone through the basic setup on the receiver yet?
Digital probably means that this is the audio source it's expecting. I'm assuming this is what is displayed on the receivers front panel lcd.

post #927 of 929 Unread Today, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi everyone!
I have a problem with my Pioneer vsx-1123-k.
Bought it tecently and have a problem with video playback.
Problem starting when I'm trying to watch licensed 1080p video from my Apple TV(last version)
Video seems not smooth, and there is some small pauses during playback.
What I should do to solve that problem? May be to provide some additional information, firstly?

Thanks
post #928 of 929 Unread Today, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTRIGUNx View Post
Hi everyone!
Problem starting when I'm trying to watch licensed 1080p video from my Apple TV(last version)
What I should do to solve that problem? May be to provide some additional information, firstly?

Thanks
Yes please provide some more info.
Is it only the Apple TV that is having the problem, what happens with other video sources?
Have you tried plugging it directly into the TV/Projector to see if the same thing happens?
Are you using Wi-Fi or wired connection?

post #929 of 929 Unread Today, 10:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTRIGUNx View Post
Hi everyone!

Thanks
This may not be helpful, but I have no issues playing my AppleTV via HDMI. I had a similar problem awhile back, but using a different HDMI cable solved it.

Do you have good quality recent HDMI cables? Try swapping cables around.

If you are streaming video from, say NETFLIX, then you may have an internet connection rate issue, especially if other members of the house are using the internet.
Exist_To_Resist likes this.

PDP-6010FD, VSX1123K, HW-150PVR, Snell E111 Mains, Polk Center, VTF3Mk4 Sub, DIY surrounds, HD XA2, DMR HS2, DV F27, HR21-200, TH-50PH9UK, VSP-1100, PSW200... some other stuff.

Last edited by ColdCase; Today at 10:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Channel Av Receiver Vsx 1123 K , pioneer vsx-1123-k
Gear in this thread