Official Pioneer VSX-1123-K Owners thread - Page 34 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

Old 05-13-2016, 08:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I'll try after work. Thanks again.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2016, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anyone know how to turn off "Eco Mode"?

It got accidentally turned on when someone picked up the remote the wrong way. I looked thru the owner's manual. It has just two references to Eco Mode: p.15 shows it on the remote and p.50 describes what Eco Mode 1 and Eco Mode 2 are.

Pressing Eco on the remote flip between Eco Mode 1 and 2...I would have expected to cycle thru Eco Mode 1, Eco Mode 2, and Eco Mode Off.

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2016, 01:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficGuy View Post
Anyone know how to turn off "Eco Mode"?

It got accidentally turned on when someone picked up the remote the wrong way. I looked thru the owner's manual. It has just two references to Eco Mode: p.15 shows it on the remote and p.50 describes what Eco Mode 1 and Eco Mode 2 are.

Pressing Eco on the remote flip between Eco Mode 1 and 2...I would have expected to cycle thru Eco Mode 1, Eco Mode 2, and Eco Mode Off.

Thanks!
Yeah press the "Auto/ALC/Direct" button. Bottom of the remote button #1. 5th button from the bottom, very left column on the remote.
TrafficGuy likes this.
Old 05-14-2016, 05:03 AM

Liked: 1
After an hour and a half phone call with Pioneer I realized I got a brand new Blue Jeans cable that wasn't any good. Thank you Exist_To_Resist for all your help. This forum is amazing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Exist_To_Resist likes this.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:10 PM

Liked: 0
Is there a speaker set up for Speaker "B" ? Maybe a balance adjustment. I am now only getting music out of the left input . Nothing out of the right .
Old 05-26-2016, 05:36 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exist_To_Resist View Post
Yeah press the "Auto/ALC/Direct" button. Bottom of the remote button #1. 5th button from the bottom, very left column on the remote.
Sorry it took so long to reply...been on a heavy travel schedule.

Thanks, Exist_To_Resist, that did the trick!
Old 05-26-2016, 10:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick69 View Post
Is there a speaker set up for Speaker "B" ? Maybe a balance adjustment. I am now only getting music out of the left input . Nothing out of the right .
Double check your cables, make sure your phase is not crossed.
As far as running a setup for Speaker B functionality such as MCACC I do not believe that this is a possibility.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Double check your cables, make sure your phase is not crossed.
As far as running a setup for Speaker B functionality such as MCACC I do not believe that this is a possibility.
Did that. Completely disconnected and ran one speaker at a time . One works , the other doesn't. Used the same speaker so not a speaker problem .

Hopefully receiver not crapping out. I got this receiver because of the extra HDMI output. Always been a Yamaha guy until this one.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick69 View Post
Did that. Completely disconnected and ran one speaker at a time . One works , the other doesn't. Used the same speaker so not a speaker problem .

Hopefully receiver not crapping out. I got this receiver because of the extra HDMI output. Always been a Yamaha guy until this one.
I hope so too, I've had mine for almost 3 years and zero issues with it.
Although sometimes live does give you lemons in a box.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:11 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Everyone,

I own a pioneer VSX 1123K receiver, it was iitially connected to my TV (for output 1) and then the receiver to roke, bluray player and xbox360. It was working fine for few weeks and one fine day my friend who wants to check my receiver (as he wants to buy one) changes some settings i guess and now im unable to see the video on TV, it keeps on getting no signal. i tried the reset but still no luck.can someone please help me how to get my receiver connected to my TV and have audio and video detected. Your help is highly appreciated.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnaxal78 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I own a pioneer VSX 1123K receiver, it was iitially connected to my TV (for output 1) and then the receiver to roke, bluray player and xbox360. It was working fine for few weeks and one fine day my friend who wants to check my receiver (as he wants to buy one) changes some settings i guess and now im unable to see the video on TV, it keeps on getting no signal. i tried the reset but still no luck.can someone please help me how to get my receiver connected to my TV and have audio and video detected. Your help is highly appreciated.
Do you get neither sound nor video, or is it only Video.
Check your Video Parameter settings, make sure V Conv(ersion) is set to off.
You might be at a resolution your TV is not able to display.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hiya, could use a hand troubleshooting an issue with my new setup, hopefully!

I'm currently trying to use the ARC feature with my new Pioneer VSX-1130-K receiver and my Vizio M65-C1. Both support ARC (obviously). I have the HDMI cable plugged into the ARC-specific port on the TV, and the same goes for my receiver's output. ARC-only mode is enabled in the TV settings (CEC disabled as a whole), and it detects my receiver when I go to look for devices. On my receiver, ARC is enabled (once I switch to the TV input of course).

I doubt it's relevant, but Ill share my other devices plugged into my receiver, all via HDMI: PS4, HTPC, and my XBox One (which has a Fios box plugged into that).

After all of this, when I try to use the TV apps, I am still getting no sounds output to my receiver. I'd rather NOT use optical like I had to before, I'm already inundated with cabling...thoughts?
Old 06-09-2016, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Parkinson View Post
Hiya, could use a hand troubleshooting an issue with my new setup, hopefully!

I'm currently trying to use the ARC feature with my new Pioneer VSX-1130-K receiver and my Vizio M65-C1. Both support ARC (obviously). I have the HDMI cable plugged into the ARC-specific port on the TV, and the same goes for my receiver's output. ARC-only mode is enabled in the TV settings (CEC disabled as a whole), and it detects my receiver when I go to look for devices. On my receiver, ARC is enabled (once I switch to the TV input of course).

I doubt it's relevant, but Ill share my other devices plugged into my receiver, all via HDMI: PS4, HTPC, and my XBox One (which has a Fios box plugged into that).

After all of this, when I try to use the TV apps, I am still getting no sounds output to my receiver. I'd rather NOT use optical like I had to before, I'm already inundated with cabling...thoughts?
So here is the thing you need to enable all the CEC settings in the VSX HDMI menu for ARC to work correctly.
Essentially this allows the TV to switch the receiver to the correct input.
In my testing ARC did not work unless I set all the HDMI menu items to either enable or on on the VSX and depending on your television you might have to enable the CEC on that as well.
My TV just did not see the receiver if I did not enable all the option.

To be honest I run a 25ft Toslink(optical cable) works just as well.
There is no benefit except for single vs dual cable.

ARC messed with the inputs on my receiver too much when I used it in conjunction with a universal remote.
So I opted for a $15 cable from Amazon.

Give the above a try.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:48 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
So here is the thing you need to enable all the CEC settings in the VSX HDMI menu for ARC to work correctly.
Essentially this allows the TV to switch the receiver to the correct input.
In my testing ARC did not work unless I set all the HDMI menu items to either enable or on on the VSX and depending on your television you might have to enable the CEC on that as well.
My TV just did not see the receiver if I did not enable all the option.

To be honest I run a 25ft Toslink(optical cable) works just as well.
There is no benefit except for single vs dual cable.

ARC messed with the inputs on my receiver too much when I used it in conjunction with a universal remote.
So I opted for a $15 cable from Amazon.

Give the above a try.
Actually, optical does not work just as well....

If you use optical, you're limited to 5.1dd/dts.

HDMI allows you to pass dts-ma, truehd and the other HD audio formats... and also > 5.1 channels.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
External Amp / Pre-Out Advice

Hi!

I've been using the vsx-1123k in a 7.1 system for a while, mainly for movies (lots of movies!), spotify streaming, video games and some occasional 2ch music.

I went from basic pioneer (best buy) speakers to a full-polk setup:
Front: RTia7 pair
Center: CSia6
Surround: RTia3 pair
Surround Back: FXia4 pair

Having hooked everything up, I'm pretty happy with the surround speakers, but the fronts didn't exactly blow me away. The sounds seems to lack clarity and I can sometimes feel movie dialogues being missed, not because they weren't loud enough, but they weren't clear. I don't think its limited to the center channel either. When playing 2ch music (CD), vocal and high frequency instruments don't have the impact I was expecting.

Although I live in a condo building, my living room doesn't share any walls so I can run higher than usual (for condos) volumes during movies - but I seldom go over -15db, so it is no where close to extreme. Is good quality achievable/audible only on higher volumes than that?

Coming to the questions:

- Is this receiver up to the task for driving all these speakers? I'm most interested in quality and clarity - and not loudness so much.

- I understand there are pre-outs for the front speakers that I can use to add a 2-channel external amp. Other than loudness, does this also improve overall quality typically speaking? That is to say, will the L/R quality improve assuming a good amp is chosen, and will the Center channel improve now that the receiver has offloaded the L/R work to the amp?

- If I do use the pre-outs for the fronts, can I now use the Surround Back and Front Heights at the same time given that two amps are freed up? Or are the Surround Back/Front Heights hardwired to share the same amps and so cannot utilize other unused ones?

Still relatively new to the game. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2016, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluethor View Post
Actually, optical does not work just as well....

If you use optical, you're limited to 5.1dd/dts.

HDMI allows you to pass dts-ma, truehd and the other HD audio formats... and also > 5.1 channels.
You'll be hard pressed to find a Television that Passes through DTS MA and DD True HD audio on the market, 99.9% don't.
So using HDMI is actually not beneficial at all considering that the other formats are not supported by almost all televisions out there.
Some will pass those 5.1 signals from the internal smart tv apps only.

Here is a good read.
http://hometheaterreview.com/everyth...eturn-channel/
Old 06-15-2016, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
This is probably a dumb question.. but i know the 1130k does 5.1.2, but not 5.1.4.. and not really 7.1.2 either out of the box..

is there a way with pre-outs to a two channel amplifier to at least make 7.1.2 work, or is this a hardware limitation as well.. i run with 5.1.2 lately, just wishing i could at least get the rear channels in the mix as well, without jumping to say an onkyo 1030 or 3030 type solution which is tremendously more money. I do have 4 ceiling speakers though.

My TF+TR Atmos Setup
Tech, the Universe, and Everything:  http://tech-stew.com
Just Plane Crazy: http://flight-stew.com

Last edited by markm75; 06-15-2016 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markm75 View Post
This is probably a dumb question.. but i know the 1130k does 5.1.2, but not 5.1.4.. and not really 7.1.2 either out of the box..

is there a way with pre-outs to a two channel amplifier to at least make 7.1.2 work, or is this a hardware limitation as well.. i run with 5.1.2 lately, just wishing i could at least get the rear channels in the mix as well, without jumping to say an onkyo 1030 or 3030 type solution which is tremendously more money. I do have 4 ceiling speakers though.
As far as I know the 1128K supports 7.2 only.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Pioneer Channel Av Receiver Vsx 1123 K , pioneer vsx-1123-k