Official Pioneer VSX-1123-K Owners thread - Page 36 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 54Likes

post #1051 of 1059 Old 05-31-2017, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help - Pioneer VSX-1123

My Pioneer VSX-1123 won't switch to SAT/CABLE. It immediately dims out to STEREO. All other inputs work; ie; Pandora, Apple TV etc. Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1059 Old 05-31-2017, 06:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAD DROWN View Post
My Pioneer VSX-1123 won't switch to SAT/CABLE. It immediately dims out to STEREO. All other inputs work; ie; Pandora, Apple TV etc. Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks
What do you mean it won't switch to it?
Can you provide more details?

On the remote, on the bottom locate the nnumbered buttons, 1 through 6.
4: is signal select, it switches between analog and HDMi audio sources.
7: turns the speakers on and off.
1-3: are surround modes.
Switch to the desired input and play with those buttons.

OLED is a game changer.
post #1053 of 1059 Old 08-03-2017, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Video/Image displaying green from Windows laptop...

My set up - VSX-1123 receiver, Epson Projector as the monitor/output

I have a Dell Latitude 3379 Windows 10 laptop. When I hook up the laptop directly to the VSX-1123 receiver the image displays green. I am using the SAT/CAB input on the receiver; HDMI ports 7 & 8 only display black when I hook the laptop up to them. If I take the HDMI cable from the windows laptop and plug it in to my Mac laptop, Retina Display, same resolution, same SAT/CAB port, the image displays perfectly, no color issues. If I plug the same HDMI cable into the HDMI 2 port on the projector and then plug it into the Windows laptop the image displays perfectly but then I don't have any sound from the receiver. So my thought is that it is some kind of conflict between the Windows laptop and receiver. My drivers on the laptop are up to date. The firmware is up to date on the receiver. It's not the cable since it displays correctly with other components or connection configurations. I have tried changing resolutions on the laptop, too, as well as the video parameters on the receiver. I'm not sure how else to trouble shoot this issue. Thank you in advance for your help. I appreciate it.

post #1054 of 1059 Old 08-08-2017, 05:35 AM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahipp View Post

I have a Dell Latitude 3379 Windows 10 laptop. When I hook up the laptop directly to the VSX-1123 receiver the image displays green. I am using the SAT/CAB input on the receiver; HDMI ports 7 & 8 only display black when I hook the laptop up to them. If I take the HDMI cable from the windows laptop and plug it in to my Mac laptop, Retina Display, same resolution, same SAT/CAB port, the image displays perfectly, no color issues. If I plug the same HDMI cable into the HDMI 2 port on the projector and then plug it into the Windows laptop the image displays perfectly but then I don't have any sound from the receiver. So my thought is that it is some kind of conflict between the Windows laptop and receiver. My drivers on the laptop are up to date. The firmware is up to date on the receiver. It's not the cable since it displays correctly with other components or connection configurations. I have tried changing resolutions on the laptop, too, as well as the video parameters on the receiver. I'm not sure how else to trouble shoot this issue. Thank you in advance for your help. I appreciate it.
Are you trying to output at 4k, 60hz? The receiver can only do 30hz

Would help to know exactly what video settings you're trying to achieve.
post #1055 of 1059 Old 08-16-2017, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahipp View Post

Green image sounds like HDCP compatibility issue perhaps.
Are you getting audio with the green screen?

OLED is a game changer.
post #1056 of 1059 Old 09-01-2017, 06:40 PM

I got an issue that I wonder if it may have been covered in this thread or elsewhere previously. Receiver in question is a SC-1323 and my issue is with Zone 2.

I can get the receiver set up to output to Zone 2 exactly how I want. The problem I have, is that the Zone 2 tone controls appear to do nothing. In the Zone 2 setup menu I have the option of setting tone controls for Zone 2 to BYPASS or ON. ON, is supposed to allow for BASS and TREBLE adjustments to the Zone 2 signal, however when I make adjustments to the tone controls, it doesn't change the sound coming out of my Zone 2 speakers. Even if I max BASS and min the TREBLE and switch back and forth between BYPASS and ON, there is no discernible difference in sound. Is there another setting or parameter buried somewhere else in this receiver that's keeping those tone controls from functioning as intended??

Thanks in advance!
post #1057 of 1059 Old 09-02-2017, 04:41 PM

I may have partially solved my question.. It appears that the Zone 2 tone controls do work when using the Zone 2 pre-amp outputs. Wonder why they'd have it so the tone controls only affect the pre-amp outs.
post #1058 of 1059 Old 09-18-2017, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pioneer VSX-1123 Audio cutting out, buzzing, distortion

I have a Pioneer VSX-1123 that has worked okay for a few years. I say okay because it needs to be rebooted every couple months because inputs stop working, audio quits completely, etc. In the last week, the audio has become distorted, or cuts out, and makes buzzing sounds. I tried upgrading the firmware and it seemed to solve the problem for a few hours and it is back now.

Is this a known issue of any sort? I think it might be time to e-cycle it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Greg Miller
Intelligent Homes Canada
post #1059 of 1059 Old 09-19-2017, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Right Front speaker channel dying - worth repairing?

Hello,
We've been happily using the VSX-1123K in our home theater setup for a number of years now. Just this past week we have noticed the right front speaker appears to be dead. Confirmed there is no speaker or speaker wire issue by plugging that right speaker (and it's wires) into the left speaker jacks on the receiver and it functioned fine. If I go into manual speaker levels and apply maximum boost to the right front channel you will hear low volume muffled sound from the speaker.

So my question is, has anyone else experienced this or something like it and gone on to have it fixed? Is it economic to do so?

Otherwise we would consider replacing it with an SC-LX501 (D3 amp. to have less heat issues) or the newer VSX-LX302 (regular hot running amp).

Thanks for any help you could provide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Channel Av Receiver Vsx 1123 K , pioneer vsx-1123-k

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page