Any Denon receiver repair folks on here? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-02-2013, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Denon 4308ci that unfortunately broke last night in a thunderstorm. The HDMI board appears to have died and I get no output to my TV now. I looked for stuff on Google and couldnt find much on replacement parts. I am not sure if it is an easy fix or if it is even worth trying to fix? I tried a hard reset and everything resets / flashes like a normal hard reset but no TV output. The zone 2 speakers still work just fine so I think the amps are fine and the HDMI board is out.

Any advice / help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I guess the best thing to do would be to go to the Denon site and find the closest Denon Service Center and see if they even have the necessary parts ( HDMI board ) to do a repair. I have a 5308ci and the parts are all but gone for that unit. I'm 240 miles away from a Super Service Center and have had to make the trip twice, once for repair and once for an upgrade.

HD-DVD = 94
Blu-Ray = 120 ( 24 Warner red2blu )
post #3 of 5 Old 06-02-2013, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That doesn't sound good! Maybe time to just jump to the 4520? :-)

I am saving up for a projector for my dedicated media room so I was hoping for a cheap <$500 fix and it sounds like I might be2 SOL on an 5 year old AVR....

Anyone else have any advice?
post #4 of 5 Old 06-03-2013, 04:01 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 773 Post(s)
Liked: 1433
If available, the HDMI board will likely run about $200-$300 + another $90 for labor. Check the link below for service centers in your local area or depending on your location, you may want to consider shipping the unit to the factory service center PanurgyOEM in NJ for a quicker turnaround (that is if the board is still available).

http://usa.denon.com/US/Support/Pages/ServiceCenterSearch.aspx

That said, your money is likely better served going towards the 4520CI with the upgraded Audyssey MultEQ XT32. Give Craig as AVScience.com a "call" for his best price, although note they're going so fast he has a hard time keeping them in stock for that price.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #5 of 5 Old 06-03-2013, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

That said, your money is likely better served going towards the 4520CI with the upgraded Audyssey MultEQ XT32. Give Craig as AVScience.com a "call" for his best price, although note they're going so fast he has a hard time keeping them in stock for that price.

Indeed.

My AVR-3310 died in November. I decided to put the money it would cost to repair it toward a new AVR-3313.

That's one of the best decisions I ever made. biggrin.gif
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page