Question about connected devices powering on and off - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-04-2013, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Recently picked up a Denon AVR-E300 to replace a dying Denon AVR-888 and am still fine tuning it. Have two issues I'm trying to resolve and am hoping you guys can help...

1) I've connected my PC to the AVR via the GAME HDMI port and have programmed my Harmony One remote to kick on the AVR and the TV (50" Panny plasma) but for some reason the PS3 also comes on even though the PS3 is plugged into the Blu-ray HDMI port. Any idea how I can stop this from happening? (Side note: when I power up the system in Blu-ray mode, the PS3 comes on as it should, and powering the whole system down with the remote works just fine as well).

2) When I power the system up in Game mode my dual desktop settings are wiped out to where only my PC desktop is active and the extended display (Panny) is no longer active; I have to go into the Screen Resolution settings on my PC to detect the plasma display. With the AVR-888 this was never a problem (set it once and never have to do it again) and I can't seem to figure out what the complication is. The connections are all the same as they were with the previous AVR so it's not a cable issue... could it be a compatibility issue with my graphics card (Sapphire Radeon HD 6950) vs the E300 and if so, any ideas on how to work it out?

Thanks in advance!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page