Where to find denon receiver firmware updates? Denon AVR-791 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-04-2013, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got a Denon AVR-791 off of craigslist, the previous owner said that there were firmware updates that i could install. After searching all over Denons site i couldn't find any updates for the 791. Does anyone know where and how i can update the receiver. Hopefully the UI is updated because its very confusing lol. Im waiting for my energy take classic speakers to come in tomorrow, so hopefully i can update it before then. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I cant find the AVR-791 on denons site, so it may be that denon no longer supports this receiver which would be a shame. I also heard that the 791 is also the 1991 or something, denon changed the name apparently, i really dont know much about it since i just bough the thing.
http://usa.denon.com/us/downloads/pages/product-updates.aspx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-04-2013, 05:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Why do you feel you need a firmware update? A google search a firmware update would have to be done at a repair facility. Not user upgradeable.

The AVR-791 is pretty much the same as the AVR 1911. The 1911 adds zone 2 preouts but that's about it.

I found the AVR-791 doing a Google search. Took 10 seconds.
http://usa.denon.com/us/product/pages/productdetail.aspx?CatId=AVReceivers%28DenonNA%29&pid=AVR791%28DenonNA%29

AVR-1911 on Denon site
http://usa.denon.com/us/Product/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?PCatId=AVSolutions%28DenonNA%29&CatId=AVReceivers%28DenonNA%29&Pid=AVR1911%28DenonNA%29

Afro GT
post #3 of 4 Old 06-04-2013, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I mean i already found that site for their general description of the AVR-971 just nothing about firmware upgrades for the system. My amp is acting a bit weird though, it just started happening today, when in DTS mode all the audio become muddied like not enough power is getting through to the speakers. I though a firmware update would help that.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-05-2013, 04:02 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 1300
If there was any firmware update for the 791, an authorized repair facility should be able to obtain it from Denon and install it on your 791. Check Denon's website for the closest one to you. Note however, that as the unit is out of warranty, you would likely be charged their minimum hourly labor rate for the installation ... ~$70-$90. Also Denon does not currently provide any firmware update information on their website.

http://usa.denon.com/US/Support/Pages/ServiceCenterSearch.aspx

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 791 Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page