Denon refurb warranty at MacMall - 1yr or 90 days? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 06-04-2013, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
blackrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In the past there was some question as to whether Denon refurbs were 90 day warranty or 1 year warranty. I think that the warranty was extended to 1 year in October 2012. Was that a limited time extension? or is it still 1 year?

I am out of town and may not have time to check into this. Hoping someone has first hand knowledge.
blackrain is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 06-04-2013, 08:14 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 26,030
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1432 Post(s)
Liked: 982
According to this document on the Denon website the warranty for refurb AVR's is one year.
http://usa.denon.com/DocumentMaster/US/WebWarrHOME-B-STOCK-US-Dec11_04.pdf

Afro GT
afrogt is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 06-05-2013, 08:05 AM
Senior Member
 
fordf250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 60014
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post

In the past there was some question as to whether Denon refurbs were 90 day warranty or 1 year warranty. I think that the warranty was extended to 1 year in October 2012. Was that a limited time extension? or is it still 1 year?

I am out of town and may not have time to check into this. Hoping someone has first hand knowledge.
Hello blackrain-warranty is 1 year if you have proof of purchase from an authorized Denon refurbished/reconditioned reseller.
fordf250 is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 Old 06-05-2013, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
garciab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Princeton, TX - USA
Posts: 1,343
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Just hope that their official refurb'er is aware of this. The refurb'ers website still claims that the warranty for Denon refurbs is 90 days. I think their name is Panurgy OEM. But accessories4less lists it as 1year, as does Denon.

bg
garciab is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 06-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Senior Member
 
fordf250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 60014
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by garciab View Post

Just hope that their official refurb'er is aware of this. The refurb'ers website still claims that the warranty for Denon refurbs is 90 days. I think their name is Panurgy OEM. But accessories4less lists it as 1year, as does Denon.

Pauurgy OEM is one of the main service centers that repairs units sent in with problems-units, whether being sent in as "New build, orOEM refurbished" are warranted for "90 days".concerning the work done on them-to fix the problem they were sent in for.
fordf250 is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 06-05-2013, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 71,780
Mentioned: 385 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15332 Post(s)
Liked: 7488
I just spoke to a MacMall rep who said the warranty is only 90 days. If considering refurbs, you're much better served purchasing from either Accessories4less or Denon directly to ensure you get a full year. Otherwise, purchase the extended warranty if purchasing from MacMall.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 06-07-2013, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
blackrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

I just spoke to a MacMall rep who said the warranty is only 90 days. If considering refurbs, you're much better served purchasing from either Accessories4less or Denon directly to ensure you get a full year. Otherwise, purchase the extended warranty if purchasing from MacMall.

Who would you recommend for an extended warranty?
blackrain is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 06-07-2013, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
blackrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

I just spoke to a MacMall rep who said the warranty is only 90 days. If considering refurbs, you're much better served purchasing from either Accessories4less or Denon directly to ensure you get a full year. Otherwise, purchase the extended warranty if purchasing from MacMall.

And what do you think of this post?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334369/the-official-denon-avr-xx12-model-owners-thread/18000#post_23399906


I am thinking that I should buy, wait til the box comes to see if it says 1 year warranty or not. And then make a decision whether to get extended warranty or not. Just not sure who to go with and whether square trade would do a warranty on a refurb.
blackrain is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off