Denon refurb warranty at MacMall - 1yr or 90 days? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 06-04-2013, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In the past there was some question as to whether Denon refurbs were 90 day warranty or 1 year warranty. I think that the warranty was extended to 1 year in October 2012. Was that a limited time extension? or is it still 1 year?

I am out of town and may not have time to check into this. Hoping someone has first hand knowledge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-04-2013, 08:14 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1432 Post(s)
Liked: 982
According to this document on the Denon website the warranty for refurb AVR's is one year.
http://usa.denon.com/DocumentMaster/US/WebWarrHOME-B-STOCK-US-Dec11_04.pdf

Afro GT
post #3 of 8 Old 06-05-2013, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post

In the past there was some question as to whether Denon refurbs were 90 day warranty or 1 year warranty. I think that the warranty was extended to 1 year in October 2012. Was that a limited time extension? or is it still 1 year?

I am out of town and may not have time to check into this. Hoping someone has first hand knowledge.
Hello blackrain-warranty is 1 year if you have proof of purchase from an authorized Denon refurbished/reconditioned reseller.

post #4 of 8 Old 06-05-2013, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Just hope that their official refurb'er is aware of this. The refurb'ers website still claims that the warranty for Denon refurbs is 90 days. I think their name is Panurgy OEM. But accessories4less lists it as 1year, as does Denon.

bg
post #5 of 8 Old 06-05-2013, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by garciab View Post

Just hope that their official refurb'er is aware of this. The refurb'ers website still claims that the warranty for Denon refurbs is 90 days. I think their name is Panurgy OEM. But accessories4less lists it as 1year, as does Denon.

Pauurgy OEM is one of the main service centers that repairs units sent in with problems-units, whether being sent in as "New build, orOEM refurbished" are warranted for "90 days".concerning the work done on them-to fix the problem they were sent in for.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-05-2013, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 385 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15332 Post(s)
Liked: 7488
I just spoke to a MacMall rep who said the warranty is only 90 days. If considering refurbs, you're much better served purchasing from either Accessories4less or Denon directly to ensure you get a full year. Otherwise, purchase the extended warranty if purchasing from MacMall.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-07-2013, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

I just spoke to a MacMall rep who said the warranty is only 90 days. If considering refurbs, you're much better served purchasing from either Accessories4less or Denon directly to ensure you get a full year. Otherwise, purchase the extended warranty if purchasing from MacMall.

Who would you recommend for an extended warranty?
post #8 of 8 Old 06-07-2013, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

And what do you think of this post?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334369/the-official-denon-avr-xx12-model-owners-thread/18000#post_23399906

I am thinking that I should buy, wait til the box comes to see if it says 1 year warranty or not. And then make a decision whether to get extended warranty or not. Just not sure who to go with and whether square trade would do a warranty on a refurb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page