Time to upgrade my Arcam AVR 300, help please - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-06-2013, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

It is time to upgrade my Arcam AVR 300. The DSP board is not working anymore and I am using by Oppo 93 as the main DSP for now.
I have a dedicated room for my HT/ Music 7.1 set up with Boston Acoustics VR2 and VRC front and some Boston acoustics Micro 90 for surrounds + a nice sub...
Oppo 93 as my Blu-ray/music source. This will be connected to a Panasonic video proj via HDMI ( no 3D)

I am interested in rather audiophile sound, lots of music and DVD/Blu ray concerts.
I did some research and found a short list of what I think will be my good candidates :

- Integra DTR 30.5
- Emotiva UMC 200 + UPA 700 ( or use the AVR 300 as my power amp...)
- Anthem MRX 500
- Marantz SR 6008

This is in no particular order and would welcome any addition if I have missed anything. Price around 1000 to 1200 USD.
As It will be impossible for me to listen to all of them, I will rely on your experience/expertise and feedback to make a decision.

Thanks
Pecosbill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-07-2013, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Up.
Opinion anyone ?
Thanks
Pecosbill
post #3 of 4 Old 06-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I'd take the Anthem. But make sure the you actually need the 500. Maybe the 300 is all you need.

I had a UMC-1 and it was O.K. but didn't thrill me. Integra's are very nice but a bit pricey when purchased new. I have a Marantz 6005 and it's a fine all-around receiver but again, nothing super special. But it is very user-friendly for my particular needs. I've never had an Anthem but it might be my next avr.

Download the manuals and spec sheets and give them a quick going over to make sure they have what you want and need.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-10-2013, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks.
I believe the new Integra will be around 1000 USD so pretty much in par with the Anthem 500 if I am not mistaken.
I am trying to get the best "acoustic" sound with a reasonable price and that could be a good fit with my Boston Acoustics speakers.

Thanks again for any recommendations.
Pecosbill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page