Denon AVR-3313CI Intermittent main zone output - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-08-2013, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had the AVR-3313CI for a few weeks. Haven't spent a lot of time with it, but I think I have all the basics set up.

While Zone 2 seems to be working as it should (and any issues are likely to be due to my understanding, pressing the wrong buttons, etc.) the Main Zone doesn't always output to the speakers when it should. It's intermittent, so hard to describe and reproduce. But sometimes when I turn on the Main Zone and everything looks OK, there is no audio. When this happens I just keep changing the source and sometimes it starts working.

Today I tried the soft reset (power off for 10 minutes), but it didn't seem to fix anything. I'm in the middle of a firmware update - was that needed because of the reset? So I'll see what happens after that.

Has anyone had any similar experience, or suggestions for troubleshooting? [The speaker connections are fine BTW]

Thanks
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-08-2013, 01:46 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 1300
HDMI handshake issues are common with some HDMI source devices, especially cable/sat boxes. Review posts #3-6 in the 2012 Denon AVR-XX13 Models thread linked in my sig for more info especially reviewing post #6 which covers the firmware change log for the various XX13 networking models.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 4 Old 06-08-2013, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

HDMI handshake issues are common with some HDMI source devices, especially cable/sat boxes. Review posts #3-6 in the 2012 Denon AVR-XX13 Models thread linked in my sig for more info especially reviewing post #6 which covers the firmware change log for the various XX13 networking models.

I should have probably explained that there is no HDMI involved with the source for this problem. The issue showed up this morning with an HD Radio (internal tuner). Thinking back, that may have been the source that I have had trouble with consistently. I have mostly been using Pandora and the Tuner, so that's where I've been seeing problems. But I've always noticed that Zone 2 works on the same source.

Mike
post #4 of 4 Old 06-08-2013, 02:05 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 1300
Radio stations broadcasting digital signals must be fairly close by in order for the signal to be strong enough for the AVR to receive it, otherwise the tuner will revert to the analog signal, so this may be what you are experiencing.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page