Forum Jump: 

post #331 of 356 Old 02-24-2014, 09:05 AM
cwt
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Miccar ; as JVOTH has mentioned you can switch either in the pre pro or tv . Ile just mention if you want to utilise the 7030's parametric equalisation in the future [ either yourself with REW and a calibrated mike like a umic or pay for a room calibration ] the multi analog ins are passthrough only . So hdmi input is necessary for tweaking the room eq .

That said the 7030 does have a lovely analog stage and I have a modded 83 feeding the multi analogs too so leave them hooked up if only for sacd's ; dvd-a smile.gif Those 301's are the next project though ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 356 Old 03-05-2014, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I saw an earlier link to the Rotel 1572 with a computer interface to control the setup on that unit. The message seem to imply that you could use it for the PT-7030.

The link is : http://bwgroupsupport.com/download/rotel-setup

Has anyone check this?
post #333 of 356 Old 03-23-2014, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I don't know if anyone has had an opportunity to play around with the parametric eq on this unit yet. I promised I was going to early on when I first started this thread and never got around to it. Well, I finally got my theater almost finished with only the trim and 2 removable panels lacking. There was nothing left to do that would really affect the acoustics in the room so I got out my Umik-1 and Room EQ Wizard and started with measurements. Then I started tweaking the problem areas in the PEQ on the Sherbourn. I would run another sweep and noticed that absolutely nothing changed. It didn't matter whether or not I raised the Q, lowered the Q or anything else, I've just found that the PEQ doesn't work on any frequency on any channel. Anyone else had any issues or has anyone else even attempted to utilize the PEQ yet?
post #334 of 356 Old 03-23-2014, 10:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
JVoth,

I have only adjusted the lowest 3 channels so I could dial in my subs. It is a pretty well known thing that the 7030 is weak in the subwoofer output area unless you adjust the PEQ. I did that and it fixed all of my sub range eq problems. I haven't adjust any other of the freqency ranges. But the three lowest did work. I adjusted the freqency points as well as the Q value and could tell the differences with those changes.

Sorry you are having trouble.
post #335 of 356 Old 04-04-2014, 03:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Schlarb View Post

If you buy the 7030 now for $699, you'll get the 25% lifetime discount which is worth $500 off the XMC-1. So it seems like the smart move is to buy the 7030 now, enjoy it for a year or so while the XMC-1 bugs get sorted out, ...

What makes you think they will sort out the bugs? They never did on 7030! Why would they start to care now?
Bill Mac, diwal and LPBadge like this.

post #336 of 356 Old 04-15-2014, 11:13 PM

I just bought a PT-7030 from its original owner. I hooked it up to a Sherbourn amp via balanced cables. Upon turning it on and off, there is a loud pop on all channels. Unbalanced connections? None. Can't be my amp or the cables using XLR's. I had an Anthem AVM-20 and an Onkyo PR-SC886 on the same combo that did not exhibit the same anomaly. Previous owner said he did not have any issues with a Rotel RMB-1095. Thoughts or ideas anyone? Thanks in advance.
post #337 of 356 Old 04-16-2014, 04:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Are you using the 7030's trigger to turn on the 7-350? If so you could possibly try another trigger solution that delays the turn on slightly like a monster power power filter or green power strip.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
post #338 of 356 Old 04-16-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

Are you using the 7030's trigger to turn on the 7-350? If so you could possibly try another trigger solution that delays the turn on slightly like a monster power filter or green power strip.
Hello Achaea. I am not using a 7-350 but 7-1250A. I can use my Panamax but I would not want to limit the draw the amp takes by taking it off a wall outlet. I still find it very strange that it does this given two other components in the same scenario don't..
post #339 of 356 Old 04-20-2014, 09:24 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcchifi View Post

I just bought a PT-7030 from its original owner. I hooked it up to a Sherbourn amp via balanced cables. Upon turning it on and off, there is a loud pop on all channels. Unbalanced connections? None. Can't be my amp or the cables using XLR's. I had an Anthem AVM-20 and an Onkyo PR-SC886 on the same combo that did not exhibit the same anomaly. Previous owner said he did not have any issues with a Rotel RMB-1095. Thoughts or ideas anyone? Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem with my PT-7030 and Anthem amps (A5 & MCA3). I bought the 7030 specifically because of its XLR outputs as I was previously using Straight Wire Crescendo balanced cables with an Anthem AVM 30 and didn't want to go to the expense of buying seven premium single-ended cables. With my previous speakers the noise was annoying but not too bad due to the speaker's low efficiency. I recently decided to change things around and set up the theater system with my Klipsch Heritage series speakers. Due to the high efficiency of these horn speakers the popping noise is exaggerated so it went from an annoying pop to an obnoxious snapping sound that made me fear for my tweeters.

The PT-7030 is based on a Rotel RSP-1572 that was originally designed for just RCA outputs - the XLR board was an add-on by Sherbourn. I spoke with Sherbourn/Emotiva tech support and was told that the popping is an issue they were aware of and had managed to lessen but not solve completely. The RCA outputs work normally but the XLR outputs are problematic during start-up/shutdown, they seem to work fine other than that. I don't know if this is a hardware fault or something that could be fixed via future firmware. I'll give them some time to come up with a fix but I'm not holding my breath, Emotiva recently shut down Sherbourn so I doubt it's a high priority for them. I had no choice but to temporarily switch output cabling to some spare RCA's but I'm not happy about it as my (not cheap) Crescendo XLR cables are sitting unused in a box until this gets sorted out.

For the close-out price I paid the 7030 is a nice sounding unit without all of the extraneous features and auto room EQ junk other processors have so I'm not complaining too much. I would have bought another Anthem processor had they not doubled their price over the years so even though the 7030 has flaws it fulfills its primary purpose of sounding good while being very cost effective. That said, if I had paid near retail for the 7030 and it had this issue it would have been returned posthaste.

Until Emotiva comes up with a fix (cough, cough) you'll either need to switch to the RCA outputs, come up with a different triggering solution, or turn the amps on/off manually. Hopefully they will do the honorable thing and come up with a permanent fix but ... everyone who owns a 7030 and is either using or planning on using the XLR outputs needs to call Emotiva tech support to keep them motivated.

"I wonder if it'd be louder with bigger wires" Barney Fife (Don Knotts)
post #340 of 356 Old 04-20-2014, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabmwrider View Post

I have the same problem with my PT-7030 and Anthem amps (A5 & MCA3). I bought the 7030 specifically because of its XLR outputs as I was previously using Straight Wire Crescendo balanced cables with an Anthem AVM 30 and didn't want to go to the expense of buying seven premium single-ended cables. With my previous speakers the noise was annoying but not too bad due to the speaker's low efficiency. I recently decided to change things around and set up the theater system with my Klipsch Heritage series speakers. Due to the high efficiency of these horn speakers the popping noise is exaggerated so it went from an annoying pop to an obnoxious snapping sound that made me fear for my tweeters.

The PT-7030 is based on a Rotel RSP-1572 that was originally designed for just RCA outputs - the XLR board was an add-on by Sherbourn. I spoke with Sherbourn/Emotiva tech support and was told that the popping is an issue they were aware of and had managed to lessen but not solve completely. The RCA outputs work normally but the XLR outputs are problematic during start-up/shutdown, they seem to work fine other than that. I don't know if this is a hardware fault or something that could be fixed via future firmware. I'll give them some time to come up with a fix but I'm not holding my breath, Emotiva recently shut down Sherbourn so I doubt it's a high priority for them. I had no choice but to temporarily switch output cabling to some spare RCA's but I'm not happy about it as my (not cheap) Crescendo XLR cables are sitting unused in a box until this gets sorted out.

For the close-out price I paid the 7030 is a nice sounding unit without all of the extraneous features and auto room EQ junk other processors have so I'm not complaining too much. I would have bought another Anthem processor had they not doubled their price over the years so even though the 7030 has flaws it fulfills its primary purpose of sounding good while being very cost effective. That said, if I had paid near retail for the 7030 and it had this issue it would have been returned posthaste.

Until Emotiva comes up with a fix (cough, cough) you'll either need to switch to the RCA outputs, come up with a different triggering solution, or turn the amps on/off manually. Hopefully they will do the honorable thing and come up with a permanent fix but ... everyone who owns a 7030 and is either using or planning on using the XLR outputs needs to call Emotiva tech support to keep them motivated.

Emotiva had promised a firmware update for the 7030 last fall...I spoke to a few people at Emotiva before finally getting a straight answer and it is NO, they will not be coming out with any future updates for this model.

post #341 of 356 Old 04-20-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 607
That's bull. Andrew and company on the emotiva forum did promise a firmware update and that promise likely sold more units after it was made. Retraction on the promise hurts their brand.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
post #342 of 356 Old 04-20-2014, 10:34 AM

I forgot to mention:

If you let the 7030 fully boot up out of standby before the amp is powered up there's no popping.

If you power the amp down before you put the 7030 into standby there's no popping.

If you let the 7030 trigger the amp it sends the trigger signal too soon (before the processor is fully booted) so it lets pops get through the XLR's. Also, instead of triggering the amp off prior to shutting down (the correct method) it starts shutting down and then triggers the amp off (too late) letting pops get through the XLR's.

Outputs really should be automatically muted during boot-up and muted before shutdown to prevent extraneous noise from getting through to the amp. The primary issue is that there shouldn't be any noise dumped through any output during start-up/shutdown but the way they have the triggers timed compounds the problem.

Standard operating procedure for powering up/down audio equipment is amplifiers are turned ON last and turned OFF first so why a manufacturer wouldn't time their triggers to do this is disconcerting. Considering that automation is a big factor in most A/V systems and Sherbourn pushed the "custom install" aspect of their products I'm surprised that something as basic as output muting and trigger timing are problems.

post #343 of 356 Old 04-20-2014, 11:08 AM

Liked: 14
There is some hope that Emotiva will offer firmware update(s) for the PT-7030. At last year's Emofest, Emo talked about processors to follow the XMC-1 introduction and this was among them: "a Stealth Cinema Processor prototype was on display. It is a “hot rodded 7030” with the main difference being software changes and conforming to studio output levels…coming soon…no price shared.

I know recent info from Emotiva refutes this, but one has to suspect that if the basic unit is being updated for the Pro line, there might be hope of updates that would work with the 7030 as well. Call me optimistic!

Happy Easter to all!

Chuck

"The Ginky Weeds" Theater Design and Construction Thread
post #344 of 356 Old 04-20-2014, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 198
If Emotiva doesn't come out with a firmware update for the 7030, I can promise I will never own any other Emotiva equipment. I too was one that bought based on the promise to fix noted issues with a firmware fix.
post #345 of 356 Old 04-20-2014, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post

There is some hope that Emotiva will offer firmware update(s) for the PT-7030. At last year's Emofest, Emo talked about processors to follow the XMC-1 introduction and this was among them: "a Stealth Cinema Processor prototype was on display. It is a “hot rodded 7030” with the main difference being software changes and conforming to studio output levels…coming soon…no price shared.

I know recent info from Emotiva refutes this, but one has to suspect that if the basic unit is being updated for the Pro line, there might be hope of updates that would work with the 7030 as well. Call me optimistic!

Happy Easter to all!

Chuck

Well I hope for your sake that they do come out with the firmware update and I know that as per Dan the pro model was to be based off of the 7030 platform so the 7030 would still be supported, however, the info I got from Emotiva was that they were not going to do firmware updates for the 7030.  Andrew had promised this in October and I followed up early in the year and then again in February and March. Both times I received the same response...we will not be coming out with any future firmware updates for the 7030. In fact, the last time I spoke to Damon, he said this was right from Lonnie's mouth so I have to assume that it likely won't happen.  I am speaking as a former 7030 owner as I just recently sold mine and moved on to something else...too many broken promises, time for another brand.

post #346 of 356 Old 04-20-2014, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 198
It's not my/our sake, it is for their sake as eventually the broken promises and controlling forum attitude will eventually result in reduced sales. They do not appear to be a well run company and this is just another example of them not standing behind their products. The future does not look rosy for them.
post #347 of 356 Old 04-20-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:

I spoke to Emo about the problem and they had me send it down to them. We'll see if they can fix it. I wasn't about to settle for a unit with a design flaw no matter how low the close out price it. I read your other post about powering the amps up last and down first but that renders the triggers useless. I also prefer using XLRs too. Given your reports on this issue, I am not too confident that it will be resolved. Sad...
post #348 of 356 Old 04-21-2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:

I spoke to Emo about the problem and they had me send it down to them. We'll see if they can fix it. I wasn't about to settle for a unit with a design flaw no matter how low the close out price it. I read your other post about powering the amps up last and down first but that renders the triggers useless. I also prefer using XLRs too. Given your reports on this issue, I am not too confident that it will be resolved. Sad...

It will be interesting to see if they can alleviate the popping in your 7030, if they do please post your results. I'm hoping they can do something in firmware but if they can really fix the issue with hardware it's worth sending it in.

In the mean time I was trying a few things and came up with a work-around for using the XLR's with triggered amps, something others can use that doesn't cost anything and keeps things automated.

Work-around:
A nice feature of the 7030 is that it can be directly powered up with a discrete Input command (you don't have to send the Power On command first - just press one of the remote's Input buttons). This allows you to force which input the 7030 boots up on. Since most people won't use up all of the inputs we can do an end run around trigger timing by doing the following:
  • Open the menu (OSD) and select "Input Setup"
  • Pick an unused input and turn off ALL of the triggers. I used Input 8 as it's easy to remember. I also set the input's "Audio Source" to Analog so it gets no audio signal but that's optional.
  • Exit out of the menu
  • Power the system down if you're ready to test it out

If you now power the 7030 up with this particular input the processor will boot but the amps won't receive a trigger signal so they stay off. Wait about 4-6 seconds for the 7030 to finish booting and then switch to the active input you want. The amp(s) will now receive the trigger signal and power up without the popping since the processor was fully booted.

To power the 7030 down without popping simply switch to the same unused input before putting the 7030 into standby. Wait a few seconds (or however long it takes) for your amps to fully turn off and then put the 7030 into standby.

This procedure can be done manually with the 7030's remote as long as you remember to pick the correct unused input ... or ... preferably set up as System On/System Off macros on a universal remote. I use a URC MX-980 and it only took a few minutes to tweak the macros to do this procedure. Also, if your amp(s) have an inherent noise in their power up/down cycle this method won't change that but it does assure that the amp(s) are OFF when the 7030 dumps the extraneous noise into it's outputs.

eek.gifWARNING This method eliminates the popping but only if the 7030 gets powered up/down on the unused input that has the triggers turned off. If you power up on an active input it's going to pop, if you power down on an active input it will pop. If you don't wait for the processor to fully boot before switching to an active input it's probably going to pop, conversely if you don't let the amps turn fully off before putting the 7030 into standby - guess what - it's probably going to pop. eek.gif

Obviously, this method isn't a "fix" and is just a work-around but hopefully it saves some aggravation (and maybe a tweeter) for fellow 7030 owners. In my opinion this issue should have never seen the light of day in a customer's home but until Emotiva either remedies this or tells us to pound sand it's a way to get around it.
Archaea likes this.

post #349 of 356 Old 04-22-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:

It will be interesting to see if they can alleviate the popping in your 7030, if they do please post your results. I'm hoping they can do something in firmware but if they can really fix the issue with hardware it's worth sending it in.

In the mean time I was trying a few things and came up with a work-around for using the XLR's with triggered amps, something others can use that doesn't cost anything and keeps things automated.

Work-around:
A nice feature of the 7030 is that it can be directly powered up with a discrete Input command (you don't have to send the Power On command first - just press one of the remote's Input buttons). This allows you to force which input the 7030 boots up on. Since most people won't use up all of the inputs we can do an end run around trigger timing by doing the following:
  • Open the menu (OSD) and select "Input Setup"
  • Pick an unused input and turn off ALL of the triggers. I used Input 8 as it's easy to remember. I also set the input's "Audio Source" to Analog so it gets no audio signal but that's optional.
  • Exit out of the menu
  • Power the system down if you're ready to test it out

If you now power the 7030 up with this particular input the processor will boot but the amps won't receive a trigger signal so they stay off. Wait about 4-6 seconds for the 7030 to finish booting and then switch to the active input you want. The amp(s) will now receive the trigger signal and power up without the popping since the processor was fully booted.

To power the 7030 down without popping simply switch to the same unused input before putting the 7030 into standby. Wait a few seconds (or however long it takes) for your amps to fully turn off and then put the 7030 into standby.

This procedure can be done manually with the 7030's remote as long as you remember to pick the correct unused input ... or ... preferably set up as System On/System Off macros on a universal remote. I use a URC MX-980 and it only took a few minutes to tweak the macros to do this procedure. Also, if your amp(s) have an inherent noise in their power up/down cycle this method won't change that but it does assure that the amp(s) are OFF when the 7030 dumps the extraneous noise into it's outputs.

eek.gifWARNING This method eliminates the popping but only if the 7030 gets powered up/down on the unused input that has the triggers turned off. If you power up on an active input it's going to pop, if you power down on an active input it will pop. If you don't wait for the processor to fully boot before switching to an active input it's probably going to pop, conversely if you don't let the amps turn fully off before putting the 7030 into standby - guess what - it's probably going to pop. eek.gif

Obviously, this method isn't a "fix" and is just a work-around but hopefully it saves some aggravation (and maybe a tweeter) for fellow 7030 owners. In my opinion this issue should have never seen the light of day in a customer's home but until Emotiva either remedies this or tells us to pound sand it's a way to get around it.
Your method makes sense. If I were to utilize this workaround, it would be the USB input as I will likely use everything else. Please bear with me but if I were to use a discrete input command for the USB how do I set it up on the Sherbourn remote? Or is that even possible with the USB input alone? I'd appreciate your advice on this.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As soon as I hear from Emotiva, I will gladly report the results here. I have read here how good the analog stage is on this pre-amp and I would want to take advantage of it with CDs [Parasound DAC 1600 HD to the 7030 stereo balanced input] and a turntable [with a Musical Fidelity phonostage]. Music is as important if not more for me than movies.

Just for the sake of it, I discussed the 1 to 6 second drop-outs of its internal decoder with an Emotiva rep today and he flat out told me that it was an HDMI handshake issue with the model being four years old. I brought it up that my Onkyo PR-SC886 is of the same age and does not have the same issues for which he gave me the same answer. HDMI 1.4a just came out a year ago? Odd...
post #350 of 356 Old 04-22-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:

Your method makes sense. If I were to utilize this workaround, it would be the USB input as I will likely use everything else. Please bear with me but if I were to use a discrete input command for the USB how do I set it up on the Sherbourn remote? Or is that even possible with the USB input alone? I'd appreciate your advice on this.

No setup is needed other than turning off the triggers on your preferred input. There's a USB input button on the Sherbourn remote (3rd row from bottom, 1st button on left). Any input button will bring the 7030 out of standby so ... in your case when you want to power up the system all you have to do is push the USB input button. The 7030 will come out of standby on the USB input no matter which input you were using the last time it was on. Yes, you can turn off the triggers for the USB input like the others.

Macros on a universal remote is a bit more bullet-proof but doing it manually with the Sherbourn remote is easy. Mainly you just have to remember to use your preferred input button to turn on the 7030 and give it enough time to complete booting before switching to an active input. When you're ready to power it down you have to remember to switch back to that input, give the amp time to shut off and then hit the Power Off button.

Most people are used to having to send a Power On command and then an Input command to turn on an A/V system. On the 7030 you almost don't need a Power On command because any input command will wake it up. There are other products out there that do this (like Outlaw Audio) and I've always liked that feature because you only have to send the one command with the benefit that you know for sure which input it will wake up on.

post #351 of 356 Old 04-23-2014, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

No setup is needed other than turning off the triggers on your preferred input. There's a USB input button on the Sherbourn remote (3rd row from bottom, 1st button on left). Any input button will bring the 7030 out of standby so ... in your case when you want to power up the system all you have to do is push the USB input button. The 7030 will come out of standby on the USB input no matter which input you were using the last time it was on. Yes, you can turn off the triggers for the USB input like the others.

Macros on a universal remote is a bit more bullet-proof but doing it manually with the Sherbourn remote is easy. Mainly you just have to remember to use your preferred input button to turn on the 7030 and give it enough time to complete booting before switching to an active input. When you're ready to power it down you have to remember to switch back to that input, give the amp time to shut off and then hit the Power Off button.

Most people are used to having to send a Power On command and then an Input command to turn on an A/V system. On the 7030 you almost don't need a Power On command because any input command will wake it up. There are other products out there that do this (like Outlaw Audio) and I've always liked that feature because you only have to send the one command with the benefit that you know for sure which input it will wake up on.
This is a great workaround. Much appreciated. I never noticed the thumping or I just didn't think it was a big deal up until a few days ago when I read about the issue on here. I actually did have 2 tweeters blow out on me a couple of weeks ago in both my left and right mains. I don't know if the 7030 power on sequence was the cause but I don't want to go through that again so I'm going to redo my macros in IRule today. As far as powering down, I don't use input 5. So I'll set up my power down sequence to first switch to input 5, then go into stand-by.

Thanks for the help!
post #352 of 356 Old 08-19-2014, 01:36 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Exclamation PT-7030 Volume Status

I have tucked all my gear in a cupboard so it is out of sight. However, I need to control my 7030 in a way that allows me to always see where the volume is sitting at. I am thinking of buying a good quality and reliable IP to IR device like the iTach and an app like iRule but how do I get the volume level of the 7030 indicated in real time on my iPhone ?

I called iRule and they said that their PT-7030 driver works but is not capable of 2 way comms via RS-232. They said the processor has been discontinued and they are not able to acquire one to incorporate the 2 way comms.

Anyone out there with a solution to this problem ?
post #353 of 356 Old 08-19-2014, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I use IRule and from what I could tell, the 7030's command structure was not compatible with IRule. I tried getting help on several different sites and no one could help me figure it out. The only way to go is to use the on screen display or IR. If you want feedback on a remote, you'll need something like Control4 or maybe RTI I believe.
post #354 of 356 Old 08-19-2014, 10:42 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVoth View Post
I use IRule and from what I could tell, the 7030's command structure was not compatible with IRule. I tried getting help on several different sites and no one could help me figure it out. The only way to go is to use the on screen display or IR. If you want feedback on a remote, you'll need something like Control4 or maybe RTI I believe.
Thank you JVoth - when you say on screen display, do you mean on the display of the processor or does the 7030 display the volume on the screen when you press the volume keys ?

I will certainly look into C4 and RTI.
post #355 of 356 Old 08-20-2014, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ash View Post
Thank you JVoth - when you say on screen display, do you mean on the display of the processor or does the 7030 display the volume on the screen when you press the volume keys ?

I will certainly look into C4 and RTI.
The volume of the 7030 will display on your TV.
post #356 of 356 Old 08-24-2014, 01:15 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVoth View Post
The volume of the 7030 will display on your TV.
Thank you JVoth, I really appreciate your kind input. I guess if the volume level displays on the TV, then I guess the sensible thing to do to save cost would be to invest in a simple but effective RF to IR system such as the Logitech Harmony Ultimate hub and use it in conjunction with the associated smart phone app.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Sherbourn Pt 7030 Home Theater Pre Pro

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page