4Likes
post #421 of 437 Old 11-10-2014, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVoth View Post
Not sure about the 8 bit color but I think that would be from the source not a 7030 issue since it is strictly a pass thru on the HDMI inputs. It doesn't do any processing or anything like that with HDMI video. And I definitely agree with dgage, that 49 ft. HDMI cable could definitely be causing some issues for you. I'm not having any issues as far handshake problems and I am using a 50 ft. Redmere HDMI cable from Monoprice. I'm not guaranteeing that's your problem but like dgage said, it's the first place to start.
JVoth, you mentioned you're using a 50 ft Redmere HDMI cable from the 7030 to your display device. Is your display device a projector ? So you're realising 1080p/60 and proper 1080p-3D signal without a problem ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 437 Old 11-10-2014, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Sam,
Yes I have a projector. I haven't watched a 3-D movie in a long time but I'm pretty sure the last time I did, I had the 7030 in the video chain. I am for sure getting 1080p/60 through the Sherbourn. 3-D shouldn't be a problem.
post #423 of 437 Old 11-11-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Sam,
Yes I have a projector. I haven't watched a 3-D movie in a long time but I'm pretty sure the last time I did, I had the 7030 in the video chain. I am for sure getting 1080p/60 through the Sherbourn. 3-D shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks buddy, I am still struggling to resolve my problem and may end up getting the Monoprice RedMere 50ft HDMI cable.

Are you still using the 7030 ?
post #424 of 437 Old 11-11-2014, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Yep still using it. I may get something different around Christmas. I need something that will provide feedback with IRule.
post #425 of 437 Old 11-27-2014, 11:06 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, I finally put in the PT-7030 and used Danomatic's suggestion. No thumps from turning it on or off for the speakers and subs. The 2 second audio delay does not bother me [for now]. I will still be tweaking this unit especially the low end output. It is much better sounding than my Onkyo PR-SC886 which I had before in its place though it does not have the latter's versatility. Very nice sonics on this unit. I still have to put it through it's paces with music particularly with vinyl and a Parasound DAC for my CD collection but so far, so good movie wise. The blue lighting on the front end is a cool touch. Bless each and everyone of you.
post #426 of 437 Old 12-10-2014, 12:25 AM

I finally managed to solve the annoying handshake issue. I realised I had an old well made 15m QED HDMI cable and tried it, to my surprise it worked. I think this cable has heavier gauge copper and that is what helped to establish a better connection between the PT-7030 and the projector. Again, a big thanks to fellow forum members who went out of their way to provide input and help.

The 1-2 Second audio drop is a bit annoying and happens especially when I play digital content from a USB hard disk connected to my BD player. Every time I play content through the media player, I get video but the audio kicks-in after 2 seconds and it drives me up the wall. Has anyone out there found a solution to this problem ?

Like many other people here, I do like the simplicity and performance of the 7030 but these little problems can be a real pain at times.

I wonder why such a progressive and respected brand like Emotiva would leave their customers out in the cold when they can help resolve these issues and add further value to the Emotiva brand. With such soaring competition in this day and age, it all bottles down to excellent service and support.
post #427 of 437 Old 12-11-2014, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Sam, the audio delay ain't going anywhere and Emotiva isn't offering firmware updates for this unit. I posted earlier that I think this unit is a perfect multi zone/whole house audio pre amp. If Emotiva could fix the audio delay issue, it would be ready for primetime. It's a great sounding unit though and I can really only find one thing wrong with it and that's the audio delay. It's annoying but it's still a great preamp.
post #428 of 437 Old 12-13-2014, 03:27 AM

Jvoth, I could not agree more. I love this pre amp for its simplicity and performance but these little problems can get very annoying. I feel Emotiva should have taken the responsibility to fix this problem Instead of letting customers suffer. Is there some software / preamp engineer on this forum who has the ability to fix this ?
post #429 of 437 Old 12-13-2014, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Well that would be interesting to see if someone could work that out. The only problem I see is getting the source code from Emotiva. This is essentially a Rotel product as well as Sherbourn so I wonder if Rotel may be of assistance to us on this issue.
post #430 of 437 Old 12-13-2014, 02:20 PM

That would definitely be awesome jvoth.
post #431 of 437 Unread Yesterday, 07:03 PM

The Waiting Game...

Quote:
Well that would be interesting to see if someone could work that out. The only problem I see is getting the source code from Emotiva. This is essentially a Rotel product as well as Sherbourn so I wonder if Rotel may be of assistance to us on this issue.
JVoth, when I sent my unit in to Emotiva for a once over the tech who was working on it told me that they were waiting to hear back from Rotel IF there was to be a software upgrade. At the time, they had several units on their table besides mine. I haven't heard any progress on it since.
post #432 of 437 Unread Yesterday, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcchifi View Post
JVoth, when I sent my unit in to Emotiva for a once over the tech who was working on it told me that they were waiting to hear back from Rotel IF there was to be a software upgrade. At the time, they had several units on their table besides mine. I haven't heard any progress on it since.
Were you having issues? How long did it take to get back? I turn on my 7030 now and it is a crap shoot if it works. I've had a couple of "demos" for friends or family that popped over that didn't get the demo because the 7030 wasn't working. Turn it on a little later and it is often working again. Pretty ****** piece of equipment. Not impressed by Emotiva and the time they promised a firmware update when the 7030 was on clearance.
post #433 of 437 Unread Today, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcchifi View Post
I am really hoping they do something about this issue. Let us know if they do come up with a solution. I would not mind paying a reasonable amount for the fix although it is Emotiva's responsibility to ensure customers are happy regardless of whether or not a product has been discontinued.

It's definitely not too late for Emotiva to provide a fix and regain the confidence of 7030 owners who are all clearly unhappy and frustrated.
post #434 of 437 Unread Today, 01:45 AM

Had a friend over who pointed out the loss in sound for a few seconds every time I played a video clip, quite embarrassing at times to be honest.
post #435 of 437 Unread Today, 12:23 PM

Fixes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
Were you having issues? How long did it take to get back? I turn on my 7030 now and it is a crap shoot if it works. I've had a couple of "demos" for friends or family that popped over that didn't get the demo because the 7030 wasn't working. Turn it on a little later and it is often working again. Pretty ****** piece of equipment. Not impressed by Emotiva and the time they promised a firmware update when the 7030 was on clearance.
Sorry to hear about your troubles with the unit. If you have the warranty, you should send it in so they can give it a full once-over. It took them two weeks to bench test my unit. The issues I had were the popping sound on my speakers during powering on and off along with the audio cut off when the codec switches formats. Neither was resolved. Turning on the CEC's took care of the former. The latter I was told could be fixed only via a firmware upgrade from Rotel who was involved in the design. Emotiva is waiting on Rotel for these supposed firmware.

So far all BD's I've played have had no problems. Same goes for some satellite TV fare. The two/three second cut-off can be alleviated by just sending the codecs as LPCMs. I am using its bypass capabilities for a turntable and an outboard DAC for my CDs. Both formats sound great.

I understand your frustration and I hope you get them taken care of somehow.
post #436 of 437 Unread Today, 12:26 PM

Call and response...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ash View Post
I am really hoping they do something about this issue. Let us know if they do come up with a solution. I would not mind paying a reasonable amount for the fix although it is Emotiva's responsibility to ensure customers are happy regardless of whether or not a product has been discontinued.

It's definitely not too late for Emotiva to provide a fix and regain the confidence of 7030 owners who are all clearly unhappy and frustrated.
I will call Emotiva sometime to see if there has been resolution and will report it here. If you have warranty on it, I believe all you will be liable for is the shipping to them. As a pre-pro, I really like its sonics. Much more definition than the Onkyo PR-SC886 which I just sold.
post #437 of 437 Unread Today, 12:28 PM

Losses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ash View Post
Had a friend over who pointed out the loss in sound for a few seconds every time I played a video clip, quite embarrassing at times to be honest.
Mine is usually at the beginning of the movie or starting it up from pause but not during playback. Yes, that would be concerning to me as well.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Sherbourn Pt 7030 Home Theater Pre Pro

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page