Question on mixing amplifiers with different power ratings in 11.2 surrond sound system - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-11-2013, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi all,
I recently took order of a Emo XPR-5 (400W x 5) . Love it. Just ordered an XPR-2 (600W x 2) today and will be running it with a Yamaha RX-A3020 (150W x 9) for as the pre-amp. My speakers will be set up as follows. RF and LF via the XPR-2, Center, RS, LS, RBS, LBS via the XPR-5 and all four presence speakers via the Yamaha. Will this cause any problem as all have different power rating? I assume I could just volume match and be good to go? I will eventually be picking up another emo for the presence speakers and may move to the dedicated pre-amp Yamaha has coming out later this year. Most concerned with the fact that my front three speakers will be of different power ratings?

thx.

Jim Parys is Living the dream...
La Sirena III Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2013, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Parys View Post

Hi all,
I recently took order of a Emo XPR-5 (400W x 5) . Love it. Just ordered an XPR-2 (600W x 2) today and will be running it with a Yamaha RX-A3020 (150W x 9) for as the pre-amp. My speakers will be set up as follows. RF and LF via the XPR-2, Center, RS, LS, RBS, LBS via the XPR-5 and all four presence speakers via the Yamaha. Will this cause any problem as all have different power rating? I assume I could just volume match and be good to go? I will eventually be picking up another emo for the presence speakers and may move to the dedicated pre-amp Yamaha has coming out later this year. Most concerned with the fact that my front three speakers will be of different power ratings?

thx.[/quote

Just run YPAO and rock n' roll. What are your front 3 speakers?
Old 06-11-2013, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Fronts are def tech bp3000tls, center is def tech clr 3000, surrounds are def tech bpvx and my rear surrounds are triad in ceiling silvers . Haven't install the presence speakers yet . Any recommendations?

Jim Parys is Living the dream...
La Sirena III Theater