Custom Built Amps - AB Systems Cinema Series Power Amplifiers "Cinepro" - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-13-2013, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I have been searching through the net, trying to find out user reviews on these custom built amps http://www.abamps.net/

I would appreciate any feedback on users feedback, who have bought or auditioned these amps from the AB Systems Cinema Series Power Amplifiers

From my research they have building amps for around 30 years as an OEM for several companies the amps are built here in the US, their amps are used in places like Skywalker Sound, ILM, Sony, Pixar, Disney, THX etc. as well as various recording studios and celebrity installs. I'm just wondering why there does not seem to be any information on the forums here, regarding their amps and performance!! the amps have evolved from the Cinepro range of amps.

Your thoughts and experiences are welcome.

Mark

Receiver: Pioneer SC-LX88 | Power amp: Arcam FMJ P777 | Speakers: | Atmos Speaker set up 5.1.4: Dali Helicon 400 MK2'S | MK2 C200 | Phantom in walls | 4 x Phantom Kompas | Sub: Paradigm Sub1 | Source: OPPO 105D | Proj: JVC 950 | TV: Kuro 500A | Tivo 1TB | Harmony Ultimate | IPad Mini Retina |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2013, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone?

They are built here in the good old USA!!

Receiver: Pioneer SC-LX88 | Power amp: Arcam FMJ P777 | Speakers: | Atmos Speaker set up 5.1.4: Dali Helicon 400 MK2'S | MK2 C200 | Phantom in walls | 4 x Phantom Kompas | Sub: Paradigm Sub1 | Source: OPPO 105D | Proj: JVC 950 | TV: Kuro 500A | Tivo 1TB | Harmony Ultimate | IPad Mini Retina |
Old 06-30-2013, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Weird claim on their site. They claim Skywalker Sound use AB Sound amps when I saw it with my own eyes that they exclusively use Parasound.

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

Old 07-01-2013, 04:59 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 25
There is a thread dedicated to these amps on the UK site avforums - they are very well regarded over there.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Nice if their claims are true. Strange that nobody in North America seems to know that brand and also they don't have a single picture of their finished product (except for the faceplate) on their site.

my home theatre

Old 07-01-2013, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post

.......Strange that nobody in North America seems to know that brand........

I promise I'm not going to say that I don't think we've heard from everyone in North America yet wink.gif So: noooooooobody???

Actually, I occasionally came across AB Systems Amplifiers in professional applications over the years. They were considered good amplifiers. I even recall the manufacturer's reps demo'ing them in an effort to get us to take on the line. But we were already franchised with Crown, QSC, Crest, Toa and other good professional/commercial lines so we didn't have the need for another brand.

Cheers.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes. NOBODY wink.gif. This thread have been around for a while yet thousands of AVS member know about this brand.

Still, I'm curious about the usage of AB at Skywalker Sound. The last time I was there (this year, several months ago) I didn't see AB brand anywhere.

my home theatre

Old 07-04-2013, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

Well I just bought my first Cinema series AB 4300, first impressions are that I am totally blown away with this power amp, it has exceeded all of my expectations 10 fold, the dynamics and clarity is truly stunning, it has brought new life to my Dali speakers are singing from the heavens with this amp! it is truly magnificent with music also. I cant wipe the smile of my face biggrin.gif The build quality is second to none"built like a tank"

I will have to start saving for the 5300 now:eek:

Old 07-04-2013, 12:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenbr View Post

There is a thread dedicated to these amps on the UK site avforums - they are very well regarded over there.

That's where I found out about the the AB amps. I was actually thinking that I would find more information on here, there does not seem to be any interest at all, which really surprises me. I tried searching Cinepro also, which the amps internals are based upon as far as I know, there is very little information, it is surprising they are getting a bigger following in the UK.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

What happen to Cinepro by the way? I used to use Cinepro when I lived in Australia.

my home theatre

Old 10-20-2013, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 65
I don't mean to dig up an aging thread, but Cinepro is still around, but mainly sold by dealers these. These days AB Interntional has no affiliation with Cinepro, but both companies still make awesome amplifiers.

I have some AB pro amps and I'd love to get a cinema series someday. AB definitely puts a ton of quality inside their amps, where it counts.