RX-A820 - Running YPAO disables sub - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-15-2013, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I finally got all speakers positioned, and ran YPAO. When I did, it disabled the sub even though it shows up in speaker config. When I change programs, it never shows up on the front panel as being on. I reset the unit, the sub worked, ran YPAO again, and the sub was again disabled.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-15-2013, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 42
When you run ypao are you hearing tone from sub?
post #3 of 6 Old 06-15-2013, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Yes, but it sounds pretty darn faint to me. At the end of the setup, the sub level is usually minimized. However, I don't think it is just a volume level thing as turning it up manually doesn't impact anything. It is not greyed out in the setup screen though (like presence speakers), so it appears it recognized it (even though it doesn't show up on the front panel of the receiver).
post #4 of 6 Old 06-17-2013, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Not sure I follow you clearly, but maybe the sub is being set to LFE only, as YPAO has detected large fronts? When you say the sub is disabled, maybe your source doesn't have discrete LFE content? Just guessing...

bg
post #5 of 6 Old 06-17-2013, 07:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by garciab View Post

Not sure I follow you clearly, but maybe the sub is being set to LFE only, as YPAO has detected large fronts? When you say the sub is disabled, maybe your source doesn't have discrete LFE content? Just guessing...
I agree. Sounds like ypao set your fronts to large (typical), and that you're listening to 2 channel music. What level did ypao set your sub at?
post #6 of 6 Old 06-18-2013, 08:57 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by garciab View Post

Interesting issue, I have front speakers with built in subwoofers and I run 2 separate LFE inputs to them. LFE signal coming from the receiver aside, I HAVE to set them to LARGE per the manual. It wasn't an issue at all with the Pioneer Elite VSX-53 I had, but now with the RXA1020 I have, the bass is a little "chesty" at times. YPAO bumped the subwoofer to +1.0bd. Everything set at 80Hz crossover, it was with both setups, seems to work best with my moderate sized surrounds and center. I will probably cut the sub channel some to see if it helps.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page