Pool area receiver options? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-16-2013, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, New to this forum and was looking for a little input on some choices/options for a good receiver for my backyard pool area audio, the receiver/amp would be remotely located in my garage so 1. main concern I'm looking for is remote control capability via a smart phone/tablet app (Droid House) other things listed below would be nice as well.

2. Be able to handle a minimum of 4 speakers and sub (I have a speaker zone selector station as well if needed)
3. Stream from internet either wireless or Cat5
4. I guess HDMI output wouldn't hurt for future use if a TV out there was added?
5.Or possibly a separate component to add to one of my other receivers laying around ?

Any help is much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-16-2013, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Been doing a bunch of research lately and it looks like a Sonos Connect unit may be all I need to accomplish most of what I'm looking to do ? Has anyone had any experience with the connect or is there other similar products out there that are worth looking into ?
post #3 of 5 Old 06-16-2013, 06:51 PM

Are you referring to the Connect Amp (ZP-120) or Connect (ZP-90)? I use a ZP-90 with my Pioneer SC-1522 and love it. I use the zone2 on the receiver for my pool speakers. I switch between xm and pandora with no issues. When I originally looked at Sonos I was leary of thier pricing which is almost never discounted. After having my ZP-90 for 2 years and just adding a Playbar in the master bedroom I am hooked.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-16-2013, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cos54 View Post

Are you referring to the Connect Amp (ZP-120) or Connect (ZP-90)? I use a ZP-90 with my Pioneer SC-1522 and love it. I use the zone2 on the receiver for my pool speakers. I switch between xm and pandora with no issues. When I originally looked at Sonos I was leary of thier pricing which is almost never discounted. After having my ZP-90 for 2 years and just adding a Playbar in the master bedroom I am hooked.

The Zp-90 I guess (without the amp). So besides the switching between streaming sources do you have control of the volume as well? So long as your receiver volume is at a high level (say 50%) through the app on your device you control the output volume of the sonos going to your amp?? And when you say you added the playbar you also have control of the volume to that separately wirelessly via the connect? And can have just that playing music and not out in the pool area?

Sent from my DNA using Tapatalk
post #5 of 5 Old 06-17-2013, 06:06 AM

I have the Sonos control app installed in my iPads, iPods, iPhone and android devices and they work flawlessly. Once you set up your Sonos wifi , you can control volume and music selection as long as you have wifi coverage outside where you want to control it.

Each Sonos device is recognized by the network and you can control them individually are together. Check out their website.
Hope this helps.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page