marantz 8801 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-16-2013, 04:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi new to forum. I am seeking input on what people are running as amp with the 8801. I am going to buy the mm8077 marantz but wondering if I'm going to leave myself short on wanting more. I am currently running paradigm monitor 9 v6 and a full 7.1 in same series. I love music and was wondering if I should use amp to power center and surrounds and rears and other 2 channels for zone two, and pick up a halo 21 for my fronts for dedicated 2 channel stereo. Down road possibly getting studio series all around. In 2 weeks dropping 7 g's on marantz pre/pros with kimber wires and furman power. Don't want to make 7 g mistake. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-16-2013, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 70
A21 plus Outlaw 7500 would be a great combo for 7.x. A21 controlling your L&R for two channel and the Outlaw comes in for movies and multichannel.

Main Kef: Reference 205/2 & 202/2c, Surrounds: Kef XQ40, Velodyne Optimum 12, Integra DHC 80.3, Ayre K-5xeMP, Oppo BDP-103, Bryston 4Bsst2, Parasound Halo A31. Second B&W: 685 (3), CCM618, Def Tech Powerfield 1500, Onkyo TX-NR1008, Zone 2 Klipsch AW650.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90s mash View Post

Hi new to forum. I am seeking input on what people are running as amp with the 8801. I am going to buy the mm8077 marantz but wondering if I'm going to leave myself short on wanting more. I am currently running paradigm monitor 9 v6 and a full 7.1 in same series. I love music and was wondering if I should use amp to power center and surrounds and rears and other 2 channels for zone two, and pick up a halo 21 for my fronts for dedicated 2 channel stereo. Down road possibly getting studio series all around. In 2 weeks dropping 7 g's on marantz pre/pros with kimber wires and furman power. Don't want to make 7 g mistake. Thanks.

For amps you might look into the Marantz MA-700 200 Watt Monoblock Amplifiers!

They are discontinued although they come up regularly on Ebay and usually go for around $250.00 each give or take... Just look for nice clean examples.

There's a set of (5) of them right now on Ebay for $875.00 or best offer and that is a nice deal. These amps are extremely flexible as you can buy whatever amount you need and always add on piece by piece late as needs and funds allow.

The MA-700 Monoblock amps are a great bang for the buck and you would then be all Marantz! biggrin.gif

...Glenn smile.gif
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Av8801
Gear in this thread - Av8801 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page