Denon AVR-2313 Advanced Settings for Home Theater - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-16-2013, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys, I just got my Denon AVR-2313 receiver and so far am very happy with it. I replaced an Onkyo receiver that went out on me (actually I have replaced 2 onkyo receivers in the past few years so i finally got fed up with the brand).

My main question is after doing the audyssey set up, what advanced tweaks do you make to the sound settings for your home theater set up?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-16-2013, 10:33 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 734 Post(s)
Liked: 1408
Audyssey does not allow any "tweaking" so other than changing any speakers that were set to LARGE to SMALL and raising their crossovers up to 80Hz, you should be good to go as long as the sub did not get set to -12db. Please review the Audyssey 101/FAQ Guide linked in my sig for more information as well as the "2012 Denon AVR-XX13 Models" thread linked in my sig (posts #3-6).

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 5 Old 07-10-2013, 05:35 AM

Liked: 12
I personally preferred to set up mine manually. I just downloaded a decibel meter for free on my iPhone and measured the speakers. I found Audessey distances WAY OFF. Front channels were off by 2.5 feet center channel by 1.5 and it placed my sub half way into the kitchen. Rears were bang on.

I set the proper measurements then upped the channel levels till the meter would read a constant 79-81db from the usual listening/watching area. Sub I just did by ear. Personally I prefer the sound I get doing it this way. It seems to HIT me when it's supposed to a lot better. Much more consistent.

post #4 of 5 Old 07-10-2013, 05:02 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 734 Post(s)
Liked: 1408
You either had a defective Audyssey mic then or weren't using a mic boom stand or camera tripod to support the mic.as suggested as the mic distances should have been spot on.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #5 of 5 Old 07-10-2013, 06:47 PM

Liked: 12
Ya I didn't have a mic stand, that probably would of helped with the results, although I did make sure the mic was perfectly stable in all positions. The channel levels were all over the map as well. Maybe it was the mic, regardless I am extremely happy with how it sounds with my manual settings and measurements.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver
Gear in this thread - 2313ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page