One more shot for Denon. IT was one HELL of a deal! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-17-2013, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So thinking that the denon i got was bad out of the box(even denon tech support said it could be). I was ready to go back to Onkyo but with all the HDMI issues I will give denon one more chance, mainly because this was a deal i could not pass up.

Local BestBuy had a AVR3312CI on clearance on their website for $399. According to their own website clearance is BNIB just a discontinued item. So i made the online purchase and i will be picking up later tonight or tomorrow.

So what you think of this deal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-17-2013, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Update,

I received a email saying my order has been cancelled. Come to find out their system was wrong and not updated and they do no have the item. They said they tried to find it at all other bestbuys to no avail.

To add salt to the wound they say the can offer me a Sony with comparable specs for $50 more. I have taken business and accounting classes at the University of Tulsa. And to me that is a text book example of bait and switch. Bringing a customer in with a advertised item shows to be instock. Customer pays for it online then is told it is a discontinued model and no longer have any, then turns around and offers me a different product for more money and lesser quality.

So i have my calls and email into bestbuy and am waiting on to see what their resolution will be.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-17-2013, 05:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 351
My local BB had a 2312 for $249 on clearance last fall before Christmas. I printed out the sheet and walked into the store. They searched high and low and couldn't find the receiver. Even showed up in their inventory. They never found it.

Probably some store worker saved it for himself. I didn't need it but would have purchased for that price and sold my Denon AVR 591.

Oh well.

I didn't try to make an online purchase since I work about a block and a half away from the store. No harm done for me.

I think Fry's has the Denon E400 and Yamaha 675 on sale for $299 this week. If you have a local store you should check that out.

Afro GT
post #4 of 5 Old 06-17-2013, 06:53 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Liked: 1332
What resolution? The inventory system was wrong. It happens. However, the 3312CI has been discontinued for a year now so it's not surprising there are none in stock. Look instead for its successor at Best Buy Magnolia stores which has also been discontinued with the release of the new X4000 last month.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #5 of 5 Old 06-18-2013, 11:49 AM

Liked: 12
Inventory control for a massive chain like Best Buy is difficult, especially on older discontinued stuff that ends up on the clearance rack. Given the fact that the 3312 is a two year old item, it was probably an open box/display model. With in-store items varying wildly (my local BB has a 2312CI open box that's nowhere to be found on the website) it's highly plausible that someone in-store could have picked it up and headed to the checkout with it, or spoke to one of the Magnolia guys and said "Do not sell this, I'll be in later to pick it up" and while they put it behind the counter, forgot to take it out of inventory. Sucky situation, but them's the breaks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

I think Fry's has the Denon E400 and Yamaha 675 on sale for $299 this week. If you have a local store you should check that out.
Wow, now THAT is a hell of a deal. Wish I'd spotted the local ad, instead just pulled the trigger on an X-2000 for almost twice the price earlier this morning from Paul's.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page