Buying a used receiver, Yamaha RX367 (EDIT bought HT-F5500W) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-19-2013, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please Ignore everything in color blue

Hello guys I always come to AVS forums for anything that is audio or video related, you guys are basically world experts smile.gif.
Anyways I want to buy a receiver I been looking a lot on ebay, I been reading a lot on the Yamaha RX - v 367. However I haven't really research anything else, I am looking for a receiver that I can plug in my Xbox and Playstation. So I need at minimum 2 HDMI (in) and 1 HDMI(out). I think 500 watts is more than enough my living room is small (apartment) the ceiling is at most 10 feet.

Anyways I want to buy a used receiver for under 100.00? Is this doable? I want to start with a 2.1 set up at first, I will then be looking for 2 speakers used and a sub. I still don't know how much I should spend on these components.

AT the moment I am making a list of what items to mix and buy then I will hunt these items online like a hawk smile.gif
Any tips would be helpful.

So I have bought a new system, it's late and everyone works in morning so I don't get to try it out frown.gif
Anyways I got myself a Samsung HT-F5500W for 299.99 from Best Buy (it was on clearance). At that such a low price, with 5 speakers, wireless back speakers, it seems to have plenty of power, enough inputs, list of features is more than enough for me.... However besides quickly glancing on reviews on amazon, what's the reputation for Samsung and it's theater systems.

Did I pay too much?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page