Opinions on these - Pioneer SC-61 / Marantz SR-5007 / Denon AVR-3313CI - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-21-2013, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 36
So my Onkyo 707 is crapping the bed (if one of the kids turns it off, it takes me 20+ minutes to get the damn sound to work again).

So, I'm looking at local BB's in my area and all 3 of these receivers are priced really well via their open box offerings.

SC-61 - $623
SR-5007 - $621
AVR-3313CI - $623

I've done research on the Pioneer Elites, but honestly don't know that much about the other two (Marantz and Denon). The obvious big disadvantage of the SC-61 is that it doesn't have the 4k.

Can some of you that are more familiar with the Denon and Marantz give me some feedback on these? We use this receiver in the house mostly for TV/Movie watching, with Apple TV (youtube/music) also getting some use with it.

I'm going to make the purchase today.

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything"

XBL - TheLizardKingII

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-21-2013, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedderpj13 View Post

So my Onkyo 707 is crapping the bed (if one of the kids turns it off, it takes me 20+ minutes to get the damn sound to work again).

So, I'm looking at local BB's in my area and all 3 of these receivers are priced really well via their open box offerings.

SC-61 - $623
SR-5007 - $621
AVR-3313CI - $623

I've done research on the Pioneer Elites, but honestly don't know that much about the other two (Marantz and Denon). The obvious big disadvantage of the SC-61 is that it doesn't have the 4k.

Can some of you that are more familiar with the Denon and Marantz give me some feedback on these? We use this receiver in the house mostly for TV/Movie watching, with Apple TV (youtube/music) also getting some use with it.

I'm going to make the purchase today.
You really can't go wrong with any of those choices and out of the three the Pioneer is the most Apple friendly besides having an app to control the AVR I like the D3 amps for never really breaking a sweat as for demanding loads.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-22-2013, 05:13 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1840 Post(s)
Liked: 1718
The 5007 and the 3313CI both feature Audyssey MultEQ XT, although the 3313CI is more comparable to the 7007 with more features offered than the 5007 to include a 2nd HDMI monitor output in the main zone as well as a 3rd dedicated HDMI Zone 2 output and Zone 3 pre-outs. Choose the model that best meets your features/inputs/output

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Marantz Sr5007 Home Theater Av Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page