Help - Network conflicts with YAMAHA RX-V473BL & YWA-10BL - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-24-2013, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
AVS Experts,
I have a YAMAHA RX-V473BL 5.1-Channel Network AV Receiver setup with a Yamaha YWA-10BL wireless network adapter. The adapter appears to be working correctly and the receiver is connected to my home internet. I am able to access all relevant network features for the receiver and did a firmware update successfully. However, when near the receiver my iPhone and iPad appear to get into some kind of conflict and while they show a network connection, the devices just spin and will not work (I can verify by turning off wireless and then they will update web or email.) The big issue is that the main reason I got the wireless adapter and one of big reasons for receiver is for Airplay feature. This will not work right now when I am within close vicinity of receiver because iPhone wireless does not work.
Anyone else seen anything like this or dealt with this type of issue? I am not sure why the adapter causes a conflict for the phone? Appreciate any ideas. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-30-2013, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
The question is whether the conflict is being caused by radio interference, or a network problem. The network problem would be, for example, the receiver and the iPhone requesting the same local IP address.

Do the devices play nicely if you put some distance between them? That would rule out the IP address conflict. If it's a radio interference problem, then unfortunately I haven't heard of it before (nor do I know how to fix it). There's no practical way to connect the receiver with an ethernet cable? Don't be afraid to drill through walls--it's liberating.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Ywa 10bl Wireless Network Adapter

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page