Yamaha CX-A5000 11.2 Prepro - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #91 of 96 Old 08-18-2015, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Yes, you can. There is a flip down panel on the bottom of the remote which when flipped down reveals more buttons to include a LEVEL button which can be used to adjust each speaker or subwoofer volume separately.

Thanks jdsmoothie, for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 96 Old 10-07-2015, 03:24 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hey, guys, does anyone know if the CX-A5000 can do analog in to digital out? I'd like to use mine to digitize some vinyl. The user manual doesn't have any info on this, and I couldn't find anything online. I tried doing it using the front Video Aux analog input and the optical AV OUT on the back. No luck. Does anyone know if this can be done?

By the way, a Yamaha rep claims this can be done on a YouTube vid at CES.
post #93 of 96 Old 10-07-2015, 03:53 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7316 Post(s)
Liked: 3369
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman144144 View Post
Hey, guys, does anyone know if the CX-A5000 can do analog in to digital out? I'd like to use mine to digitize some vinyl. The user manual doesn't have any info on this, and I couldn't find anything online. I tried doing it using the front Video Aux analog input and the optical AV OUT on the back. No luck. Does anyone know if this can be done?

By the way, a Yamaha rep claims this can be done on a YouTube vid at CES.
Not aware of any AVR or pre/pro that can do analog --> optical (rather HDMI only) out to include the CX-A5000.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
Authorized dealer: Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Sony, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #94 of 96 Old 10-07-2015, 06:28 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 80
I own a CX-A5000 and I can confirm I was also not able to do analog to digital conversion either with a turntable or minidisk player/recorder. What I did to get around this was to purchase a TASCAM DA-3000 solid state recorder to digitize my Vinyl. This unit is outstanding as it can record analog up to 24/196 and both levels of DSD onto SD or CF cards which in turn can be taken to a PC for cleanup and tagging. It can also be used as an ADC bypass unit taking the analog signal up sampling it to the format you choose and then outputting the signal via ANALOG for DSD or digital up to 24/196 in real time out to the CX-A5000. I have recorded some of my newer 200 gram 45 RPM 12" LP master releases and they are hands above the CD versions of those same albums. The unit is not cheap but you can't find something easier to use that I am aware of at this time. Worth checking out in my opinion if your serious about recording your vinyl.

Yamaha CX-A5000, ATI AT 2007 Amp (7X200W), ATI AT 2004 Amp (4X200W)Klipsch La Scala II- Main, RB 61's - Front heights, RC-62 - Center, RS-62's - Surround, RS-52's - Rear Surround, 2 Rythmik DS-1510 DIY Subwoofers (With PEQ600XLR3 Amp) each connected with Antimode Dual Core 2, Oppo BDP-95, MMF-7.1, Project Phono Box RS, XBox 360, XBox One, Oppo HA-1, TEAC PD-501HR transport, Atech Fabrication 7000 fanless HTPC and TASCAM DA-3000 Solid State Recorder/ADDA upconverter
post #95 of 96 Old 10-07-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Not aware of any AVR or pre/pro that can do analog --> optical (rather HDMI only) out to include the CX-A5000.
Actually, I think I better understand the Yamaha rep's claim after reading your answer. He probably was not talking about recording, but rather the unit's ability to take analog video input and output it via HDMI. Of course, the unit has a couple of HDMI outs, but my computer - which is what I'm using to capture the digital data - does not have an HDMI input. I wonder if any pro audio cards might...
post #96 of 96 Old 10-07-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty8451 View Post
I own a CX-A5000 and I can confirm I was also not able to do analog to digital conversion either with a turntable or minidisk player/recorder. What I did to get around this was to purchase a TASCAM DA-3000 solid state recorder to digitize my Vinyl. This unit is outstanding as it can record analog up to 24/196 and both levels of DSD onto SD or CF cards which in turn can be taken to a PC for cleanup and tagging. It can also be used as an ADC bypass unit taking the analog signal up sampling it to the format you choose and then outputting the signal via ANALOG for DSD or digital up to 24/196 in real time out to the CX-A5000. I have recorded some of my newer 200 gram 45 RPM 12" LP master releases and they are hands above the CD versions of those same albums. The unit is not cheap but you can't find something easier to use that I am aware of at this time. Worth checking out in my opinion if your serious about recording your vinyl.
TASCAM is an outstanding name in not just consumer gear, but the pro audio world as well, so I have no doubt your unit's performance is stellar. I prefer using my computer to capture the data, and I've been using a consumer-grade sound card to do the AD conversion, as well as output all my computer's audio to the CX-A5000. It actually has RCA inputs that you mount in a slot intended for an optical drive on the front of the computer. However, I suspected the ADCs in the CX were probably much better than my sound card, so I wanted to give that a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Cx A5000bl Aventage 11 2 Channel Av Pre Amplifier , Marantz Av8801
Gear in this thread