Pioneer Elite SC-75/77/79 Anticipation Thread - Page 4 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 408 Old 07-25-2013, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 366
one more thing...you said you bought it "summer 2011". depending on the month you bought it, it may be under warranty, barely maybe but still under the wire. if you bought it June, then you're OOL. but it were Aug, and you can prove it to Pioneer, I'd consider calling them back, ask for a supv and explain the situation (again) calmly and rationally, no rants, and ask them for help. but even if they agreed to cover a repair, you still have a 3 yr old model, with no warranty left and the inconvenience of not having it for several weeks or longer...an exchange to the SC-77 is still a better deal as long as your out of pocket expense isn't too great. new gear, latest features, just as powerful amp, a new 2 yr warranty, not have to buy an extended warranty to take you to August 2015.

providing you haven't told us everything, I know what I'd do smile.gif

btw- welcome to the forum. hope you use it for more than just complaints. there's a lot of helpful people here.

and despite what you may think about my replies, I am trying to help you see thru your anger wink.gif I've been angry myself at some company or another, including Pioneer, over another issue that's irrelevant here. but I got over it and still buying the brand because they have always worked great for me. been using Pioneer gear for decades, and still like their products and the company. I am not a fanboy, have considered other receivers, prepros, like the flagship Denons, but in the end, none of the alternatives are perfect either and all of them have some disadvantages over Pioneer.

it's your choice. if you are through with Pioneer, fine. buy a Denon or Onkyo or Yamaha. but if you think Pioneer customer support, taking care of endemic problems and honoring warranties is bad, go visit the Onkyo threads and ask them about their experiences with failed HDMI boards & how great Onkyo was to deal with rolleyes.gif

grass may be greener but not better.

whatever you buy, try to find somewhere else to buy it or if you do, don't buy Geek Squad warranties or deal with them for service again. hope you've learned that much here smile.gif

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 408 Old 07-25-2013, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
customer.support@pioneerservice.com (customer.support@pioneerservice.com)

Add to contacts

7/19/13

To: XXXXXXXX

Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics.

Unfortunately we do not have the SC37 any longer. This unit has been discontinued.

Sincerely,

Teresa
Customer Service Representative

--Original Message--
Date: 07/17/13
To: customer.support@pioneerservice.com
Subject: Warranty and Service Issues|A00001|214xxxxxxx
post #93 of 408 Old 07-25-2013, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane-O-Mike View Post

Pioneer should be doing something about this, as the issue has been reported to them more than once. I bought the receiver in mid August 2011, so it SHOULD have a mnufacturers warranty, but all I got from Pioneer is sorry.

agreed. Aug 2011 to July 2013 is (barely) within 2 years. I'll send you a PM in a few minutes. stay tuned. maybe it can help. even if you get it covered, why not take the new AVR on an even exchange, assuming its not money out of your pocket?

Steve
post #94 of 408 Old 07-25-2013, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

customer.support@pioneerservice.com (customer.support@pioneerservice.com)

Add to contacts

7/19/13

To: XXXXXXXX

Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics.

Unfortunately we do not have the SC37 any longer. This unit has been discontinued.

Sincerely,

Teresa
Customer Service Representative

--Original Message--
Date: 07/17/13
To: customer.support@pioneerservice.com
Subject: Warranty and Service Issues|A00001|214xxxxxxx

I've talked to Theresa smile.gif

that's a generic message. it still doesn't address what you tell us what you asked them for. did you ask for a new SC-37? if you did, well, it is a discontinued model, 2 years ago. they wouldn't have any lying around. so still confused what you were trying to ask them for.

Steve
post #95 of 408 Old 07-25-2013, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I've PM'd a suggestion to you. but follow it as a last resort, please.

based on what you've posted so far, you still haven't explained the deal you were offered, who offered it, and why you object to it? and what do you expect Pioneer to do to make you happy. a gear swap to a brand new model from Best Buy is one I'd take and not complain about.

but if you want or expect Pioneer to repair your SC-37 instead under warranty, then read my PM and try calling them. a single faceless, non-verbal email communication doesn't mean anything, because that person may be replying to something he misunderstood, don't think is reasonable based on what you emailed to them, or may not be possible. not because they denied your warranty, but because of something else entirely. That email reply from Theresa doesn't say anything about denying your warranty at all. all it says is it's a discontinued model. so if you wanted them to replace it with a new SC-37, it "ain't gonna be possible smile.gif

you may be jumping to conclusions because you're frustrated & angry smile.gif if a call is unsatisfactory and you are denied warranty work, then take a look at my PM and go from there. if they say it can't be repaired because there are no parts available, then be happy with a brand new SC-77...I would be wink.gif

Steve
post #96 of 408 Old 07-25-2013, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oztech View Post

Scroll to the bottom of the page for comparison, I hope to budget for a 77 sometime this year your needs may vary. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Elite+Receivers
Yeah, I got the technical differences between the two. What I want to know is YOUR opinion on whether the DACs are that much better (as in is there an audible difference). As well, are the very minute differences in features and power between the 65 and the 75 worth an extra $600?

Greg
post #97 of 408 Old 07-26-2013, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkrider View Post

Yeah, I got the technical differences between the two. What I want to know is YOUR opinion on whether the DACs are that much better (as in is there an audible difference). As well, are the very minute differences in features and power between the 65 and the 75 worth an extra $600?
Without doing an A/B comparison I can't honestly answer that but from various installs I do like the sound and the fact i have yet to strain the amps under normal circumstances.
post #98 of 408 Old 07-26-2013, 11:13 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

due to limits on DSP power in consumer AVR & prepros, they have to downsample hi-rez audio formats to 48kHz.

this means all 88.2, 96, 192, 176.4 formats are downgraded to 48kHz/24 bit. even Anthem's receivers with ARC are limited the same way. this means all the upsampling those owners get from AL32 & similar is essentially wasted as soon as Audyssey is turned on - those companies' dirty little secret.

Audyssey says "not our fault" because they maintain the limitation is not in their software, as long as the receiver/prepro mfgs put in sufficient DSP's, which they don't to remain competitive. They maintain it's not their fault that no company wants to pay for the DSP chips it would take. what's remarkable is that the PC based Audyssey Pro software has the same limitation because it's still limited by the DSP's onboard the receiver/prepro. even though a PC is used to calculate the filters, they are still implemented & limited by the DSP's in the receivers. I find this troubling considering Audyssey charges $700+ for the software, per unit license & the improved mic. Even for $700 more, Audyssey's approach won't get you around the limitation. one has to ask, what does? to me, that's being disingenuous, since there is NO Audyssey prepro for any price that has the processing needed. so there is NO real world Audyssey implementation without downsampling. what's also remarkable is that there is not more uproar about this from owners. If Pioneer did something like this, I suspect Pioneer owners would be shouting all over this forum they've been cheated; I've seen posts threatening to sue Pioneer over i-phone app upgrades! rolleyes.gif

I'm hopeful Pioneer will come out with a new version in the near future to include sub EQ and improve the EQ part, maybe with parametric or some form of time domain filters. But I would NOT want to do ALL of this at the expense of downsampling SACD's, DVD-A's, 96KHz BD's and hi-rez audio files.

take Trinnov - it's a fantastic room correction, time domain system! but the true full resolution, full processing version cost about $15000 and even that was in an ext box, used a PC & required A-D-A conversions. if you want it built-in, done internally in the digital domain, it'll cost you $40000 from ADA. Dirac is another one, in a $25000 processor.

it's about compromises or what you're willing to pay not to have them wink.gif

Hi Steve,
Not sure that this response really belongs in the new Pioneer SC-7x thread, but I'll point out the following for those so inclined - from the POV of a former Pioneer user and a current Audyssey Pro user..

First of all, you're absolutely right that it's all about what you DON'T want to pay for. The truth is that AVR DSPs are well behind PCs in terms of potential processing power. But even if you've got 24/192 capable DACs, unless you're an analog purist, so what? As per Chris K. in a response quoted on the Audyssey thread this week (see the thread starting with http://www.avsforum.com/t/1430049/the-official-denon-avr-4520ci-thread/5190#post_23561433), 48kHz sampling reproduces up to 22,000 Hz, well beyond the range of the most sensitive human hearing (20K), and thus having the extra processing power is pointless because the results aren't audible. So even if you're running MCACC and there's no down-conversion, how you tell if 24/96 or 24/192, let alone 32-bit processing matters vs. 24/48 in the audible range? Further, can the measurement tools that I'm aware for accessing actual impacts on room acoustics beyond the predicted effects from RC even measure 96 KHz? With the "gold standard" of REW, for example, the limitation on sampling frequency in the software is 48Khz.

Further, if you want full digital control and want an electronic solution beyond the existing room correction system in your current AVR, you have to spring for a Datasat RS20i or ADA system at the $15K or $40K level. Or if you're willing to live with A-D-A conversion, you can do the $15K Trinnov, wait for the alleged DL2/3 coming out as a standalone Dirac Live runtime box (as per Carl Huff, the developer, that's going to be in the $2K-$3K range, but it's been "45 to 60 days" away since 2011), or go the route of using a dedicated PC to run Dirac Live, and use something like a Lynx AES sound card as a bridge between your dedicated pre/pro and an amp. Which means separates, whether it's an actual pre/pro and amp, or two AVRs doing that duty. Either way, there's a lot of A-D-A conversion going on. How much it matters, once you've applying digital correction, is up to you.

Speaking of Dirac, it's only 8 channel processing, which has its own limitations if you're moving into front heights or wides, and even though the literature suggests it can do 8 channel/96 KHz processing on their website, you run into the same issues with accessment. BTW I see that Emotiva is releasing a XMC-1 with Dirac Live, but at an approximately $1500 price point, and their issues with TACT and implementing Trinnov, it's caveat emptor (buyer beware), and may take you back to the 48 KHz sampling limitation.

For all of this, I don't see anyone on AVS doing any A/B/X studies comparing MCACC to Trinnov, or Dirac to know if the time domain corrections really make a difference beyond theoretically. Dirac's gotten high praise for having a unique filter solution to work with both frequency and impulse response within the software, but those on the $20K+ thread that have Datasats or Trinnovs aren't measuring or telling, and the only other users of Dirac are folks with HTPCs that seem to be in their own world.

Ultimately it's a tradeoff issue - is spending $3K, at a bare minimum for the DL2/3 or building a HTPC for the sole purpose of processing Dirac, worth the hassle for something that "may" matter? I happen to have a spare AVR (SC-27) that I could use to power a Denon 4311-Dirac system, but at the end of the day, putting some of that money into room treatments is probably a better bet unless I'm feeling adventurous. Which being a tweaker I might...biggrin.gif

To bring this remotely back onto Pioneer: what are the thoughts about the degree to which Class D power matters if you've got very efficient 8 ohm speakers? I've got Mythos STs, so for those of you that have had both Denon and Pioneer systems, and is there any real disadvantages to using, say, 140 watts @ 0.05% distortion with a traditional Class A/B amp vs. 140 watts @ 0.09% distortion for the Pio's Class Ds, all things equal (e.g. I suppose that means no room correction)?

I have no plans to upgrade to a SC-7x since I've still got the SC-27 if I want to have a cost-free "amp" if I look into Dirac, but what the thoughts about the amps in the older systems like your Susano (or an SC-27/37) vs. the newer SC-7x for more conventional speakers than, say, Magapans?

Parenthetically, if Pioneer eventually _does_ have a system like Dirac, I'd seriously considering it, as the only reason I moved to Denon in the first place two years ago was XT32+Audyssey Pro. Which as per the more advanced guys on the REW/Pro side, isn't nearly as "perfect" as some used to make it out to be, due to poor resolution Curve Editor control, a dual subwoofer distance bug, and what amounts to independent channel filter generation vs. more of a group/interaction approach. And most importantly, the "time domain" effects only work if the system's in minimum phase IIRC, which means in practice it's incidental to whatever XT32 is doing with frequency domain correction, So there's room for Pioneer to hit a "home run" if R&D eventually moves that way.

Audio Gear: Sherwood R-972 (Trinnov Altitude - on order), NAD M27 amp
Display: Panasonic VT50, Lumagen Radiance Mini
Misc.: Oppo 103, Apple TV, JRiver ID NUC
PSB Imagine T2, Center, and Surrounds; HSU ULS-15 subs (2)
post #99 of 408 Old 07-26-2013, 11:15 AM

I can't tell from the manual or the on-line information - do any of the SC-7X AVRs allow for a digital input on Zone 2 Audio? I specifically would like to send HDMI and Optical inputs to the speakers on my pool deck.

EDIT: Never mind - I found the pertinent information and it appears that they cannot do a Digital - Audio conversion to any other zone. Guess I'm stuck with Denon for my needs.

Thanks!
post #100 of 408 Old 07-26-2013, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi Stu, great to see your post smile.gif

you posted a lot there & I agree with most of what you said about the state of room correction systems. I'll post more on your comments as I want to address. but one thing caught my attention:

"Emotiva is releasing a UMC-1 with Dirac Live, but at an approximately $1500 price point, and their issues with TACT and implementing Trinnov, it's caveat emptor (buyer beware)"

that prepro has been "coming soon" status for over a yr, maybe close to 2! and them dumping TACT is news to me. must mean that the marriage didn't go so hot tongue.gif

Emotiva amps are one thing, but anyone trusting Emotiva to put out a bug-free, hi-tech prepro with esoteric, sophisticated room correction at this point should be very careful wink.gif (I would like to say "have their head examined" but the emo-fan club would come out of the woodwork to argue with me wink.gif)

their track record is lousy based on the previous one they tried. the fact that after all this time (2-3 yrs?) they scrapped the custom TACT implementation to go an entirely different route with Dirac confirms they are struggling to make it work or TACT left them flapping in the breeze. I wouldn't trust TACT either based on their reputed problems ongoing for several years and being acquired by Lyngdorf Audio. Too risky and too unstable a business situation. Emo must have realized this & bailed.

sounds similar to the Outlaw/Parasound & Newcastle (Sherwood 972) debacle except Outlaw & Parasound were honest with their customers about having to drop the processor & why. Emotiva keeps dangling the carrot by accepting preorders on vaporware rolleyes.gif

Will have more to say, later on downsampling/upsampling smile.gif
oztech likes this.

Steve
post #101 of 408 Old 07-26-2013, 03:03 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

Hi Stu, great to see your post smile.gif

you posted a lot there & I agree with much of what you said. I'll post more on your comments as I want to address. but one thing caught my attention:

"Emotiva is releasing a UMC-1 with Dirac Live, but at an approximately $1500 price point, and their issues with TACT and implementing Trinnov, it's caveat emptor (buyer beware)"

that prepro has been "available soon" status for about a yr! and them dumping TACT is news to me. must mean that the marriage didn't go so hot tongue.gifwink.gif

Emotiva amps are one thing, but at this point, anyone trusting Emotiva to put out a bug-free, hi-tech prepro with esoteric, sophisticated room correction at this point should be very careful wink.gif (I would like to say "have their head examined" but the emo-fan club would come out of the woodwork to argue with me wink.gif)

their track record is lousy based on the previous one they tried. the fact that after all this time (2-3 yrs?) they scrapped the custom TACT implementation to go an entirely different route with Dirac confirms they are struggling to make it work or TACT left them flapping in the breeze. I wouldn't trust TACT either based on their reputed problems ongoing for several years and being acquired by Lyngdorf Audio. Too risky and too unstable a business situation. Emo must have realized this & bailed.

sounds similar to the Outlaw/Parasound & Newcastle (Sherwood 972) debacle except Outlaw & Parasound were honest with their customers about having to drop the processor & why. Emotiva keeps dangling the carrot by accepting preorders on vaporware rolleyes.gif

Will have more to say, later on downsampling/upsampling smile.gif

Minor correction: the unit's the XMC-1, not UMC-1. But otherwise you've got it right.

Audio Gear: Sherwood R-972 (Trinnov Altitude - on order), NAD M27 amp
Display: Panasonic VT50, Lumagen Radiance Mini
Misc.: Oppo 103, Apple TV, JRiver ID NUC
PSB Imagine T2, Center, and Surrounds; HSU ULS-15 subs (2)
post #102 of 408 Old 07-28-2013, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Well today I played with the SC-75 today in BestBuy the soundfield is awesome
post #103 of 408 Old 07-28-2013, 03:40 PM

The problem with the receiver is after it has been on for over a couple of hours, periodically the sound will drop out, and it happens with DVD, Television, and music, so the source didn't matter. The first time I brought the receiver in, Best Buy sent it to the repair center in Dallas, (October 2012) the technician who called me could not speak English very well, and after I explained what the receiver was doing, he hung up the phone, then immediately sent an email to me telling me the unit was fixed. I went to pick it up, and told the service department I suspected the unit was not fixed as no one could have really looked at the unit in the 30 seconds it took for the email to reach me after the phone call. The Geek Squad rep told me they flashed the ram on the receiver (YES, flashed the RAM was the explanation) and that it should be working fine now. I took the receiver home, (NO, I did NOT believe any of their explanation) and within a few days, the issue was back. I was fed up, but decided to ignore the issue as long as I could because to take the receiver out of the rack, and unwire the receive from the speakers is NOT a small task, and took it in again on the 24th of June for the same issue, the volume dropping out. The same tech from last year called me again, and said he didn't understand what the issue was, so I explained him precisely what was wrong, and told him to fix it this time. Best Buy called me on the week of the 16th and told me they would just swap out the unit for another receiver. I went to the McKinney store of Best Buy off of 121 last week, and spoke to Adam in customer service, and he worked with Chelsea in the Magnolia store in Dallas off of Park lane. The store manager in the McKinney store (AARON) approved a one to one swap of receivers, the sc75, for the sc37. I called Chelsea back two days later and told her the SC-75 was not THX ultra2 certified, and she said no problem, that they would take care of it, and send the sc77 instead when it came in. I than got a call yesterday from the McKinney store, informing me they decided NOT do just swap out the receiver, and would only give me partial credit towards a new receiver with NO explanation. I just want either an SC-37 receiver that doesn't have issues, or a THX Ultra2 receiver as my theater is Ultra2. Pioneer should be able to either FIX my unit, or replace my unit. I understand that Pioneer has not been involved yet, and I wait to hear from them in the coming weeks. My frustration is with the Best Buy store in McKinney, as they are responsible for not only giving me the run around on the receiver, but to offer a swap of the receiver and to just decide to go another direction baffles me to no end.
post #104 of 408 Old 07-28-2013, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The problem with the receiver is after it has been on for over a couple of hours, periodically the sound will drop out, and it happens with DVD, Television, and music, so the source didn't matter. The first time I brought the receiver in, Best Buy sent it to the repair center in Dallas, (October 2012) the technician who called me could not speak English very well, and after I explained what the receiver was doing, he hung up the phone, then immediately sent an email to me telling me the unit was fixed. I went to pick it up, and told the service department I suspected the unit was not fixed as no one could have really looked at the unit in the 30 seconds it took for the email to reach me after the phone call. The Geek Squad rep told me they flashed the ram on the receiver (YES, flashed the RAM was the explanation) and that it should be working fine now. I took the receiver home, (NO, I did NOT believe any of their explanation) and within a few days, the issue was back. I was fed up, but decided to ignore the issue as long as I could because to take the receiver out of the rack, and unwire the receive from the speakers is NOT a small task, and took it in again on the 24th of June for the same issue, the volume dropping out. The same tech from last year called me again, and said he didn't understand what the issue was, so I explained him precisely what was wrong, and told him to fix it this time. Best Buy called me on the week of the 16th and told me they would just swap out the unit for another receiver. I went to the McKinney store of Best Buy off of 121 last week, and spoke to Adam in customer service, and he worked with Chelsea in the Magnolia store in Dallas off of Park lane. The store manager in the McKinney store (AARON) approved a one to one swap of receivers, the sc75, for the sc37. I called Chelsea back two days later and told her the SC-75 was not THX ultra2 certified, and she said no problem, that they would take care of it, and send the sc77 instead when it came in. I than got a call yesterday from the McKinney store, informing me they decided NOT do just swap out the receiver, and would only give me partial credit towards a new receiver with NO explanation. I just want either an SC-37 receiver that doesn't have issues, or a THX Ultra2 receiver as my theater is Ultra2. Pioneer should be able to either FIX my unit, or replace my unit. I understand that Pioneer has not been involved yet, and I wait to hear from them in the coming weeks. My frustration is with the Best Buy store in McKinney, as they are responsible for not only giving me the run around on the receiver, but to offer a swap of the receiver and to just decide to go another direction baffles me to no end.
Did BestBuy tell you SC-75 is not THX ultra2 receiver if they did they are wrong I saw one today and there webpage say they are too
post #105 of 408 Old 07-28-2013, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

The whole fiasco is because of Best Buy, not Pioneer, at least by this latest acct. So, I highly recommend you not wait a "few weeks" but get on the phone with Pioneer NOW with the all the details, dates, etc.

When you first learned Best Buy & the shop had not repaired it in Oct 2012, did you call Pioneer & document the problem with the receiver then? waiting until your warranty was literally couple months from expiring to deal with it again is cutting it very close and doesn't make sense to me.

I've gave you some suggestions in a PM, even gone way overboard to give you a last resort contact in Pioneer management. Suggest you spend time on the phone with Pioneer customer service before your warranty really does run out (in August).

Time to make some calls & make a decision. Either ask Pioneer for a repair or negotiate with Best Buy on a new model.

WE cannot help you, this forum cannot help you. Only you can help yourself.

BTW - you never bothered to thank me for taking MY time for my PM.

I'm done. my last post on this issue.

Steve
post #106 of 408 Old 07-28-2013, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chise View Post

Did BestBuy tell you SC-75 is not THX ultra2 receiver if they did they are wrong I saw one today and there webpage say they are too
The SC-75 is Select 2 Plus and the SC-77/79 are Ultra2 Plus just checked their website if you scroll to the bottom of the page its listed as comparisons chart.
post #107 of 408 Old 07-29-2013, 05:23 PM

Yes sir, you are absolutely right, thank you VERY much for your assistance in this issue, my apologies, I sent an email last week to you, but I guess it was lost. BestBuy called me again this morning to tell me they approved the trade out for another receiver, and I told the lady what had transpired last week. Malorie (Best buys customer service online rep) seemed as confused as I am and said she will get back to me regarding the system trade out. I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I remain dubious as to the result of her digging into the issue, since everyone from bestbuy comes back with a blank stare, and says they can do nothing about the issue. That said, Steve, I do appreciate your input on this matter, and I am following up with Pioneer this week to see what can be done. When all of this is resolved, I will entertain everyone with the final result of the warranty without a warranty dilemma. Until then, I want to thank all of the very highly skilled technicians and others for your input, and your help with the issue at hand.

Mike
post #108 of 408 Old 07-30-2013, 09:38 AM

So I'm looking to order the Pioneer Elite SC-77 and replace my existing Onkyo TX-SR707. Can anyone suggest an authorized dealer that isn't Best Buy and isn't charging the MSRP ? If I read correctly, if I dont but from an authorized reseller then I can not expect support after 90 days or purchase an extended warranty ?

Thanks!
post #109 of 408 Old 07-30-2013, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

If you looking getting one at wholesale price,get last year model at Bestbuy just talk to sales manager about one
post #110 of 408 Old 07-31-2013, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 105
I finally have the opportunity to purchase one this week, and I'm hesitating. SC-75 or SC-77, and will it be enough of an improvement over my 10 year old pre-HDMI receiver to justify the cost? Decisions....
post #111 of 408 Old 07-31-2013, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post

I finally have the opportunity to purchase one this week, and I'm hesitating. SC-75 or SC-77, and will it be enough of an improvement over my 10 year old pre-HDMI receiver to justify the cost? Decisions....
From ten years ago of course
post #112 of 408 Old 07-31-2013, 12:01 PM

I see reference in this thread to ABT offering the sc-77 at a discounted price at one point. Does anyone know what that discounted price was and what dates it was available at that price?
post #113 of 408 Old 07-31-2013, 12:56 PM

Abt will sell the SC-77 at below msrp to valued customers. They value every customer. wink.gif

$1499.00 as an offer would not be refused I assure you.
post #114 of 408 Old 07-31-2013, 12:57 PM

Clarification: you need to be in person or over the phone and delivery (free) within about 100 miles or so. No mail order.
post #115 of 408 Old 07-31-2013, 12:59 PM

Another update. They are selling out fast and no idea when they will get more. As of this morning, they had 5 left.
post #116 of 408 Old 07-31-2013, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by rookhawk View Post

Clarification: you need to be in person or over the phone and delivery (free) within about 100 miles or so. No mail order.
That's typical of any Pioneer Elite dealer, no internet sales only local.

Oppo Beta Group
post #117 of 408 Old 07-31-2013, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookhawk View Post

Another update. They are selling out fast and no idea when they will get more. As of this morning, they had 5 left.

Make that 4.
post #118 of 408 Old 07-31-2013, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chise View Post

From ten years ago of course

My ten year old receiver still sounds quite good, however I now have an SC-77 on the way. I may have to start the SC-75/77/79 Owner's Thread unless someone beats me to it.
post #119 of 408 Old 08-01-2013, 08:08 AM

Hmm I just tried to order from ABT at $1499 and they wouldn't budge... Anyone who got it at $1499 happen to remember the sales rep that helped them?
post #120 of 408 Old 08-01-2013, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post

I now have an SC-77 on the way.

congratulations smile.gif what model is it replacing?

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Elite Sc 75 Receiver , Pioneer Elite Sc77 Receiver , Pioneer Elite Sc 72