What's an equal to the Oppo 103? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-03-2013, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 495
Looking for a close competitor, in features if not price (that would be a bonus!), to the Oppo BDP-103. It needs to be a universal player - both multi-rez formats included (so that eliminates Sony). Networking features not terribly important. Most important is quality of playback, both movies and music. Thanks.

Edit: Oops - I should have started this thread in the BD Players forum. redface.gif Mr. Moderator? Little help please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-03-2013, 11:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Looking for a close competitor, in features if not price (that would be a bonus!), to the Oppo BDP-103. It needs to be a universal player - both multi-rez formats included (so that eliminates Sony). Networking features not terribly important. Most important is quality of playback, both movies and music. Thanks.

I've owned several Oppos including the 103 which I own now. If the cost of the 103 is not an issue I would suggest going with the 103. It really is an outstanding player IMO. There might be universal players available for less than $499. But you can't beat Oppo's service if ever needed and the resale value of their players.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-03-2013, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 59
The Oppo is simply the best player out there. Their service and support is also second to none. The difference in price, I believe, is really worth it.

As stated above this should be in the Blu-Ray thread.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-03-2013, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 495
I've started a new thread on this topic in the BD Players forum. This one will just wither away and die in a day or two.

But thanks to both of you guys for your opinion anyways. I kind of suspected the Oppo has no equal at that price point, but I admittedly don't know every product out there.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page