Denon 3313 zone 2 will not switch inputs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-04-2013, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had my unit for about 8 months now, and have zone 2 set up to power outside speakers. Generally I run these on tuner, but today I tried to switch to DVD input with no results. The receiver shows zone 2 to be on DVD, but there is no output. If I switch back to TUNER, everything works fine.This result is also true with the CBL input. Output level is 70, sufficient to hear TUNER selection well.

I have tried changing the inputs with the remote, as well as the button on the main unit. Results are the same.

This occurs with the Main unit on or off.

Main zone works fine, switching inputs easily.

Is this a setup issue or a receiver problem? Any insights would be welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-04-2013, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 115
If your DVD player is connected to the receiver via its digital output you will not be able to route audio to zone 2. Take a look at the 3313 capabilities in the second post of the FAQ:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1409431/the-official-denon-avr-xx13-model-owners-thread-faq

and see if it applies to your situation.

post #3 of 5 Old 07-05-2013, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Nethawk, I did not see that info in the literature. Seems to be more than a little dumb to me, when Zone 2 is touted as sending audio to another room. Based upon the link you provided, the only sound I can send to the other room is generated by the AVR, the tuner or network radio. Guess nobody listens to a old fashioned CD any more.

Another reason to get away from my old standard - Denon and find a new unit. I also bought a 4520 for my theater, and have had nothing but problems with it over the past 7 months.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-05-2013, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 115
Not true graygeek - any analog input into the receiver can be sent out zone 2. I don't think there are any receivers that will allow digital sent to another zone, you get around it by using analog inputs.

Yes, it seems kind of dumb, but that's the reality of it. I'm guessing the added DAC expense is just too much for most consumers.

Good luck with the Denon. I've been an owner for about 15 years and never experienced a problem other than hefty learning curve.

post #5 of 5 Old 07-05-2013, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Nethawk, How would I go about setting two inputs for the DVD? I still want the HDMI to be my primary input for movies.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page