I just set up my receiver, calibrated the speakers and started listening to a great BluRay.
I decided to upgrade the Firmware from version 1.13 to 1.16, so I followed the instructions on the manual. To my dismay, after starting to download the upgrade and "Verifying..." showed on the receiver's screen, it now reads "Device Error".
Keep in mind that this error it's not listed on the manual!! So there is no troubleshooting.
There other similar errors listed on the manual such as "No Device" or "Internal Error", but they seem to be unrelated.
I've been holding on Yamaha's 24hr. Customer support line for more than 30 minutes now. No real person has answered the phone yet.
I've owned other AV receivers before (Pioneer VSX-1021 and Pioneer VSX-1022), and I have upgraded firmware on a plethora of devices I own including the receivers mentioned in this paragraph.
Please advise. I'm resisting shutting down the unit since I'm aware of the possible consequences.
Also note that as of now, the Firmware link on Yamaha's website is not working.
It reads exactly:
Some problem occurred: Either some unexpected information has been sent or system failure occurred.
Please go back to the previous page to perform necessary operation, or please wait for a while and try it again.