onkyo tx-nr1007 strange behavior? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-07-2013, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I picked up an tx-nr1007 that has a strange malfunction, it will not output sub signals in digital dsp modes and right -height -wide -zone 2 pre-outs don't output either.
but when I check the speaker terminals for r-wide-height-zone2 I get idle voltage when I select those channels.
I can get the sub outputs to function when I select direct and then toggle the sub in setup.
I've been searching for the full service manual but all I can find is the schematic and parts list listed as a service manual.
I need the complete repair guide hopefully I find it soon I have bought this file three times .

I think it may be a dsp problem because control of sub 1-2 r height r wide and r zone 2 according to the schematic come from a single chip.
it could be noise from bad caps or over/under voltage coming from a bad v regulator but without a complete service manual I flying blind.
if any of you have experienced similar problems and have found a solution please drop me a line
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-12-2013, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambou812 View Post

I picked up an tx-nr1007 that has a strange malfunction, it will not output sub signals in digital dsp modes and right -height -wide -zone 2 pre-outs don't output either.
but when I check the speaker terminals for r-wide-height-zone2 I get idle voltage when I select those channels.
I can get the sub outputs to function when I select direct and then toggle the sub in setup.
I've been searching for the full service manual but all I can find is the schematic and parts list listed as a service manual.
I need the complete repair guide hopefully I find it soon I have bought this file three times .

I think it may be a dsp problem because control of sub 1-2 r height r wide and r zone 2 according to the schematic come from a single chip.
it could be noise from bad caps or over/under voltage coming from a bad v regulator but without a complete service manual I flying blind.
if any of you have experienced similar problems and have found a solution please drop me a line
Thanks

Disregard this post I have repaired this unit.biggrin.gif
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr1007 135 Watts 9 2 Channel Av Surround Home Network Receiver Black
Gear in this thread - Nr1007 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page