amp vs dac - which to upgrade? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-11-2013, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello all,
i currently have paradigm studio 60s v5 with matching center (cc-590) and ref 10s for rears running off an integra 70.2 receiver (145 wpc) with SVS PB 13 Ultra subwoofer. overall really nice sonic performance. i listen to most (99%) of my music through sonos w/ MOG and rhapsody, pandora, songza etc...). i'm considering adding either an Emotiva 3 channel 200 wpc external amplifier or an external DAC from the sonos (thinking Arcam rDac or SimAudio Moon d100). the price between these different upgrades not really the issue here as they're all close enough in price (around $500-600 or so range). just wanted some thoughts on which people would go with, if any as for upgrading. thanks.
-bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushwj View Post

hello all,
i currently have paradigm studio 60s v5 with matching center (cc-590) and ref 10s for rears running off an integra 70.2 receiver (145 wpc) with SVS PB 13 Ultra subwoofer. overall really nice sonic performance. i listen to most (99%) of my music through sonos w/ MOG and rhapsody, pandora, songza etc...). i'm considering adding either an Emotiva 3 channel 200 wpc external amplifier or an external DAC from the sonos (thinking Arcam rDac or SimAudio Moon d100). the price between these different upgrades not really the issue here as they're all close enough in price (around $500-600 or so range). just wanted some thoughts on which people would go with, if any as for upgrading. thanks.
-bill

Why? What are you hoping to achieve?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page